TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

The exact same way that Jay Lethal has managed to be your choice for top guy in the company by impersonating another wrestler, not wrestling on Impact very often, not wrestling on this ppv at all and being the only idiot in the world that can't see that Sonjay isn't trustworthy.

The exact same way.

The exact same way that Jay Lethal has managed to be your choice for top guy in the company by impersonating another wrestler, not wrestling on Impact very often, not wrestling on this ppv at all and being the only idiot in the world that can't see that Sonjay isn't trustworthy.

The exact same way.

But Lethal has wrestled on most of the ppv's, and this segment is being build up bigger than anything outside of Kurt/Karen. Also, if we're talking about idiots not seeing somebody as being trustworthy. We can always look at the TNA Champ. Nash has been making Joe look like a moron for months. I mean he told Joe to suck him off, left him stranded during a tag match, threatened him with a bat, than gave Joe the bat, and told him he wouldn't do shit. And of course Joe didn't do shit. So I'd say Joe is a bit more of a idiot than Lethal. The difference is Joe is supposed to be a "bad ass".

But to each their own, I'm just admiring how Roode is getting this mainevent push without being on TV.

How is this segment being built up bigger than anything else? They mention a few 80's stars on the website and all of a sudden it's massive?

And Roode wasn't on last weeks Impact. He could very well be on the next two weeks.

That's what amazes me about most TNA haters. They judge things on spoilers alone and never watch the show. And the show, more often than not, comes off better than it sounds on paper.

From Lordsofpain.net

source: www.pwtorch.com

-- For the third week in a row, the "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal-SoCal Val wedding angle lost a good portion of Impact viewers. The show's biggest rating drop came from quarter three, which featured the Lethal & Sonjay Dutt vs. Rock 'n' Rave Infection match and the skit afterward featuring a music video. On the 5/15 Impact, the quarter featuring their skit lost 262,000 viewers. On the 5/22 Impact, their segment figured into a 76,000 viewer loss. The highest rated match of last week's show was the Angelina Love vs. Roxxi Laveaux match, which drew a 1.0 rating. It was the second-highest rated segment of the show behind the first quarter hour, which had the benefit of the CSI lead-in. The women's match topped the final quarter hour which featured the end of the first-ever Christian Cage vs. Tomko match plus A.J. Styles's statement to Karen Angle leading to a big brawl. The women's match also topped the Rhino vs. James Storm King of the Mountain qualifying match in Q6, which drew a 0.90 rating. The show drew a 0.94 overall rating.

I'm growing tired of Jay Lethal as Macho Man little by little, and it looks like most people are the same way. If his segments continue to lose ratings, there is no way that he will ever hold the title at this rate. It could be a few different things. People hate wedding angles (very true), people are bored with a Macho wannabe, or American Idol rejects don't matter to people (Ace Who???).

And once again, Roxxi and the Beautiful People gained viewers. This is an angle that people can get behind, because a lot of wrestling fans are the typee of people that were made fun of at one point in their life, and Roxxi is the type of chracter you can get behind. You want her to get her revenge.

I'm growing tired of Jay Lethal as Macho Man little by little, and it looks like most people are the same way. If his segments continue to lose ratings, there is no way that he will ever hold the title at this rate. It could be a few different things. People hate wedding angles (very true), people are bored with a Macho wannabe, or American Idol rejects don't matter to people (Ace Who???).

I'm honestly shocked that the whole Black Machismo thing has lasted for well over a year. I figured it would be a few months at most- Lethal makes a few people chuckle, the gimmick runs its course, gets ditched, they turn him heel to face and back a whole bunch of times and then he is completely forgotten about (like most of the X guys) by this time right now. The gimmick was cute when it started, but now it's starting to get aggravating. It looks like I'm not the only one who feels this way as well.

Wait a minute. That was the first ever singles match between Christian and Tomko? And they just throw it out there as part of the KOTM prelims, with no buildup about the history behind the match? Argh, ice cream headache. You'd think that would be an obvious feud, but TNA often seems bizarrely hesitant to do obvious feuds which the fans might want to see.

I'm honestly shocked that the whole Black Machismo thing has lasted for well over a year. I figured it would be a few months at most- Lethal makes a few people chuckle, the gimmick runs its course, gets ditched, they turn him heel to face and back a whole bunch of times and then he is completely forgotten about (like most of the X guys) by this time right now. The gimmick was cute when it started, but now it's starting to get aggravating. It looks like I'm not the only one who feels this way as well.

The angle is stupid that is why people are changing the channel, not because of Lethal.

Quick to Lethal's defense, it's Captain Truthiness! <_<

Wait a minute. That was the first ever singles match between Christian and Tomko? And they just throw it out there as part of the KOTM prelims, with no buildup about the history behind the match? Argh, ice cream headache. You'd think that would be an obvious feud, but TNA often seems bizarrely hesitant to do obvious feuds which the fans might want to see.

My sentiments exactly, it's BEYOND retarded that these two had a singles match with no build. There is a PPV quality match in itself that could have been saved for anything other than an Impact match. It boggles the mind how they let that one slip. They even let slip Christan/AJ, which again MADE NO SENSE!

It's the same reason that Raw had Cena/Hardy this week. When your rating keeps going down they want to try and get people back with a match they'd probably pay for.

It would appear, however, that the best thing that they can do for ratings is to have more segments with the Beautiful people (which I read somewhere had the highest rating on the show 2 weeks in a row now)

Quick to Lethal's defense, it's Captain Truthiness! <_<

My sentiments exactly, it's BEYOND retarded that these two had a singles match with no build. There is a PPV quality match in itself that could have been saved for anything other than an Impact match. It boggles the mind how they let that one slip. They even let slip Christan/AJ, which again MADE NO SENSE!

Well Luke, it seems around here when Joe gets criticism for being dull, that's all the booking teams fault, Joe has nothing to do with it. But when Lethal is put in a dumb angle by the same booking team, all the blame falls on him. I think you see the hypocrisy there, Luke.

I've never said it was Lethal's fault that his angle suck. I was just pointing out that anytime he gets some critisism, you're straight in there with his defense. I'd like to see Lethal do well. Whereas you want Joe to fail.

I haven't seen anyone blame Lethal.

Everyone's only tried to say that he can't be a top guy with a parody gimmick.

Then you respond by making fun of Joe.

Then we repeat the same thing in every other thread in the folder.

I've never said it was Lethal's fault that his angle suck. I was just pointing out that anytime he gets some critisism, you're straight in there with his defense. I'd like to see Lethal do well. Whereas you want Joe to fail.

I don't want Joe to fail, I don't know where you get that from. I think he's dull, how is that me wanting him to fail? If anything it means I don't want him to be dull.

I haven't seen anyone blame Lethal.

Everyone's only tried to say that he can't be a top guy with a parody gimmick.

Then you respond by making fun of Joe.

Then we repeat the same thing in every other thread in the folder.

No I don't make everything about Joe, a quick search check would do you a world of good. I was just showing how it's a double standard in here when it comes to Joe. As a matter of fact, you were the one who bashed Lethal out of nowhere, when I was talking about Roode's monster push. Lethal had nothing to do with it, until you felt the need to point out him being a idiot because he doesn't see Sonjay isn't trustworthy, but you seem to ignore the fact that Joe is just as dense, if not more so. Nash has actually left Joe stranded before and has threatened him.

Yes. Everything you say is unbiased and correct. Everything that I and anyone else who says anything opposite what you say is wrong and wears pro TNA blinders.

I think I'm going to change my posting style to be exactly like yours. This ought to be fun.

Yes. Everything you say is unbiased and correct. Everything that I and anyone else who says anything opposite what you say is wrong and wears pro TNA blinders.

I think I'm going to change my posting style to be exactly like yours. This ought to be fun.

Not everybody Bps21, just you. Everybody else can be civil and make some valid points, you just seem to want to bait me, even when I agree with you.

Go head and post like me, I think that would be awesome. I'm flattered.

The only reason that Lethal should keep the Macho Man gimmick right now is to have a backstage interaction with Macho himself. I can just imagine the whole thing as "Ohhh yeah, I just won the X-Division title." "Ohhhh yeah, you can take anyone Lethal." Both "Ohhhh yeah!" That would be kind of fun. Other then that, get rid of the gimmick once Dutt turns on him. I also think a lot of the old comments don't hit well with the younger crowd. I like Lethal and all, but it's grown old. Although, it took a lot longer to get stale then Stone Cold Shark Boy. That, I was tired of almost a few weeks in.

If Bobby Lashley ever going to come in? I assume that they're going to try to get him and I wouldn't doubt that they would strap him within the first month. He was in WWE, afterall. That's more than Joe!

I don't think they'd fall all over themselves to push him THAT hard. It's just Bobby Lashley, a jumped-up midcarder who wasn't close to being an established top guy, so he wouldn't get the Angle treatment. Of course that wouldn't stop them from putting the belt on him sooner or later. This is after all the company that boasts such world champions as Christian and Rhino.

The real question is, does he even want to return to pro wrestling? Him quitting the WWE despite receiving the megapush from hell and then starting a new shootfighting career, suggests that he doesn't.

Rhino only got that one win title reign because they couldn't deliver their advertised main event on the show due to Nash's staff infection. That's just the way wrestling works. You know that.

As for Christian...what was wrong with pushing him to the top? He certainly earned a chance to run up there as much as anyone who was in the company at that time (pre-Sting/Angle/Booker). The only guy they had who had won a World title in the big 2 before at the time he came in was Jarrett...and he was beyond stale.

He's close with Booker, and making appearances for his PWA organization. And TNA would cater to his wants. It would be more of a shock to me if he did not end up in TNA. He's the kind of guy that they would usually beg to sign.

I don't think they'd fall all over themselves to push him THAT hard. It's just Bobby Lashley, a jumped-up midcarder who wasn't close to being an established top guy, so he wouldn't get the Angle treatment. Of course that wouldn't stop them from putting the belt on him sooner or later. This is after all the company that boasts such world champions as Christian and Rhino.

The real question is, does he even want to return to pro wrestling? Him quitting the WWE despite receiving the megapush from hell and then starting a new shootfighting career, suggests that he doesn't.

Don't forget Ken Shamrock, the 1st TNA Champion.

Rhino only got that one win title reign because they couldn't deliver their advertised main event on the show due to Nash's staff infection. That's just the way wrestling works. You know that.

As for Christian...what was wrong with pushing him to the top? He certainly earned a chance to run up there as much as anyone who was in the company at that time (pre-Sting/Angle/Booker). The only guy they had who had won a World title in the big 2 before at the time he came in was Jarrett...and he was beyond stale.

My point is, they're more than happy to put the world belt on guys who were considered Just Another Midcarder in the WWE. As Truthy pointed out Shamrock was another one, and hell you could even count Killings and Raven if you defined it broadly enough.

My point is, they're more than happy to put the world belt on guys who were considered Just Another Midcarder in the WWE. As Truthy pointed out Shamrock was another one, and hell you could even count Killings and Raven if you defined it broadly enough.

Christian coming to TNA had a feel like Jericho coming to WWF though. Jericho had been stuck in Nowheresville in WCW, and fans were clamoring for more from him. He got pushed much higher up the card right out of the gate in WWF. Christian was popular in WWE but not getting anywhere higher up the card than JJTS and was wildly popular in TNA right out the gate.

The Rhino title reign, like bps pointed out, was a rock-and-hard-place decision. And c'mon Jingus,

hell you could even count Killings and Raven
I expect better from you! Killings barely had a cup of coffee in WWF and got his first real push from TNA, and Raven was always incredibly popular under the Raven gimmick no matter where we went.

Don't forget Ken Shamrock, the 1st TNA Champion.

You mean the guy who was more well-known for Ultimate Fighting than he was WWF and had been out of the WWF for about three years by that point? :bonk: