TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

Enjoy yourself. Have you been to a live TNA show yet? I went when they came to Manhattan, and they put on a great show (I'm getting tickets once they go on sale for the Sept. 5 show). They seem to try harder when they are away from Orlando, hint hint TNA executives!

Naw, I've never been. There was always talk of taking a road-trip out to Orlando to catch a taping or two and do the other touristy things around the area but schedule conflicts always arose so I never got to get out there.

I'm psyched about the World X Cup finals.. I hope they get a bit of time on the PPV and don't get cut short because of the 6-man.

In some ways I don't get TNA's house show bookings. Trying to break in to the NY market is pointless right now since there's no way they can compete with WWE in that area. Why not run a loop similar to the old USWA loop, except more on a monthly level than a weekly level. Get a core dozen cities or so that you run regularly, then expand to new markets.

Because they're a nationally televised company that has TV in NYC...and can make money running in the buildings that they're running in...

They aren't competing with WWE for viewers...they're trying to get people to know that they exist.

...which in turn goes with the street team idea. They actually sent out a list of events that we should try to promote TNA at.

June 21st : PWA has an Autograph Session from 12-2pm at the Pasadena Town Square Mall……..for more info: http://www.pasadenatownsquare.com/events

PWA stars will be there as well as a few TNA stars!

June 24th: WWE Wrestlemania Press Conference at the Toyota Center in Houston at 12:00 noon!

This would also be a great place to promote…we DO NOT want you guys to interrupt or interfere! Just when people are leaving…hand flyers and such…

Also that night there is a WWE Smackdown taping at the Toyota Center.

Here are other WWE Events in Texas soon:

22nd- Raw House Show – Amarillo

23rd- Raw (the big draft)- San Antonio

24th- Smackdown/ECW- Houston

27th – Raw/Smackdown House Show- Lubbock

28th – Raw/Smackdown House Show- Abilene

29th – Night of Champions- Dallas

And that's why I can't get into TNA all the way. The street team is so annoying. Especially down here. I almost wanted to punch one of those douches at Wrestlemania. He gave me a flyer and asked "do you watch?' and I said yes and he wouldn't leave me alone.

And the "USWA territory" is pretty much dead right now. You can ask Jingus about that. TNA is doing right about the House shows.

I guess what I'm saying is this: TNA needs to cultivate some markets that would be interested in their product. Running all these shows in the Northeast is a bit silly since WWE is too dominant in the area and even ROH probably has more support.

A promotion has to have its regional base. TNA right now is trying to be a national company without cultivating any regional support, and this is a bizarre strategy that I don't see ever producing great results. You want people to know you exist? Run the same area with some frequency.

Maybe I'm saying all this because I'm baffling and a little pissed at TNA over them cancelling the Louisville house show to go to Cincy. They also went to the Memphis area for the last PPV instead of going to Louisville. If you want to say the collapse of the USWA killed Memphis as a regional town, maybe you'd be right. But Louisville was never killed off on that regional level, so why not run here? There's certainly more wrestling history here than in Cincy. To me it's a case of a promotion looking simply at city size, market size, etc. without taking into account variables like past history and future potential. Are they afraid of OVW or something?

See, there are ways to be gung-ho over TNA as a Street Team that don't annoy the ever loving hell out of people. I mean my team, we just hit people up with the flyers and told 'em we're trying to let them know that TNA's got a PPV coming to Houston and what some of the key matches were. Didn't try to get them to scream their love for TNA or ask them a billion questions. I mean I think we asked a few if they watched and if so, who they enjoyed but we spent maybe less than a minute or so with most people.

I agree with the regional touring idea as well...tour the Southeast US for a bit..get a core group of fans and then after that initial tour, host some of the 2nd tier PPV's in markets outside of their area to see what the fans will take to. The constantly staying in Orlando for every show kind of kills it for me.

I guess what I'm saying is this: TNA needs to cultivate some markets that would be interested in their product. Running all these shows in the Northeast is a bit silly since WWE is too dominant in the area and even ROH probably has more support.

A promotion has to have its regional base. TNA right now is trying to be a national company without cultivating any regional support, and this is a bizarre strategy that I don't see ever producing great results. You want people to know you exist? Run the same area with some frequency.

Maybe I'm saying all this because I'm baffling and a little pissed at TNA over them cancelling the Louisville house show to go to Cincy. They also went to the Memphis area for the last PPV instead of going to Louisville. If you want to say the collapse of the USWA killed Memphis as a regional town, maybe you'd be right. But Louisville was never killed off on that regional level, so why not run here? There's certainly more wrestling history here than in Cincy. To me it's a case of a promotion looking simply at city size, market size, etc. without taking into account variables like past history and future potential. Are they afraid of OVW or something?

Cincinnati and Dayton/Troy is just a better locale then Louisville. It's not about Louisville's "history" or OVW.

I was just over on TNA's website and noticed that they're calling Mickie Knuckles "Moose Knuckles" now.. Now, I know it's a play on her indy name.. but seriously, do they know what the meaning of Moose Knuckle is??

You're about a month late on this news. The "Moose" moniker debuted around the anniversary ppv in June. And yes, I think we all know what moose knuckles are and I'm sure it's meant to be tongue in cheek intentionally, meaning whoever in TNA came up with that new name (probably Russo), they knew what it meant.

I refuse to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also, I knew that she was called Moose in TNA, but I didn't realize they kept the Knuckles "last name" part..

The South would seem to be the obvious one. They certainly don't have all the SuperIndy type of shows, ya know, ROH and its various clones and wannabes. Hell, iirc this one indy fed in Birmingham had its all-time biggest live crowd, something like two thousand people, show up for AJ vs Joe a couple years back. And this same fed had also ran main events around that same time such as Rock & Roll Express vs Midnight Express and Dusty Rhodes vs Tully Blanchard in a cage, and they didn't draw that much. There definitely is an audience for new-school wrestling in the South, but few if any of the local small indies even try to go that route.

Relating to upcoming areas that TNA will be touring, they are having the Sept. ppv from Canada, a suburb of Toronto IIRC. That should make for a unique setting for whichever ppv that is. I would expect Joe v. Nash to happen there, and I would think Christian would be in some big role on the card too.

Isn't that roughly where Gail Kim's from? Would be a good time for her long-awaited big victory over Kong.

...where the fuck are the spoilers for this week? I've checked all the usual sites, and, nuthin'.

Well I would have gone to that...but I got myself into a little drinky drivey situation at Christmas...and Canada does not welcome my kind....which sucks because I actually spend a good amount of time and money in their country. Oh well. Don't drink and drive, kids.

Well I would have gone to that...but I got myself into a little drinky drivey situation at Christmas...and Canada does not welcome my kind....which sucks because I actually spend a good amount of time and money in their country. Oh well. Don't drink and drive, kids.

I totally forgot TNA actually did a house show (or two?) in Canada back a few years ago until just now. I think Jarrett won the belt back from Raven at one of those shows when they revised the Montreal Screwjob with Hebner......in retrospect one that probably was worth missing anyway.

Here I was thinking this was going to be the first TNA show ever, much less a ppv, in Canada.

And yeah, I agree that Gail Kim will probably get a Knockout title shot there, too. Might end up against Taylor, though......I could see them doing some vague USA v. Canada deal with that match possibly since Taylor gives that All American Girl type vibe with her character.

They did a run of house shows recently. But I think that Raven/Jarrett match was for a BCW show, as TNA didn't run their first "official" (IE: Not Hermie Sadler or someone else show...but actual TNA) house show until Christian was around.

Isn't that roughly where Gail Kim's from? Would be a good time for her long-awaited big victory over Kong.

Yah she's from up here, but I don't think they've ever mentioned that she's from Canada on TNA TV.. she's also always billed as from "Tampa, Florida."

Since when is Lance Hoyt Lance Rock? Lame.

Makes sense since him and Rave are the Rock N' Rave Infection......might as well change his last name to Rock instead of Hoyt. Like anyone is going to really care one way or another except, well, you I guess :P

TNA is interested in bringing former WWE star Savio Vega in as a road agent, reports the official website of the International Wrestling Association, his home promotion.

Following the recent departures of D-Lo Brown and Scott D'Amore (who finishes up at this week's iMPACT! tapings), TNA is in dire need of some more road agents. They only have two guys in Pat "Simon Diamond" Kenney and Glenn "Disco Inferno" Gilberti.

-----Bout time they did something about the loss of two significant road agents in the company. I still don't get why they don't hire Raven back in as just an agent as well, helping lay out matches, etc.

TNA really should put together a DVD of all the World X Cup matches from 2004 till now