TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

I can see the Angle reality show being on Oxygen Network, or Lifetime or station having more to do with women since the show is supposed to show Karen in such a positive light (or at least that's what I've read).

I don't think Russo actually was the one who turned Sting heel in WCW. This was at Fall Brawl 1999 or so and was the last stuff WCW did before Russo joined the company. If anything Russo went away from that bizarre Sting heel stuff....or maybe he didn't. In fact I don't really recall exactly what Sting was from Oct.-Dec. 1999. Maybe just tweener, but eventually just went face again.

Anyone else find it odd that WCW tried turning not one but TWO WCW mainstays heel on Hogan in 1999? They attempted it with Flair at Uncensored but that was really confusing and weird, and besides given the awful things Hogan and the NWO had done to Flair I didn't blame Flair for screwing Hogan six ways from Sunday. And then they tried turning Sting heel on Hogan as well, even though it was too fresh in the fans' minds all the crap Hogan had done to Sting over the past 2 years.

Russo had Sting fueding with Luger for his entire first run. He did the deal where it looked like Elizabeth and Luger were going to split but instead it was a SWERVE! and Liz turned on Sting, hitting him in the face with a bat. Sting then disappeared until January.

Russo had Sting fueding with Luger for his entire first run. He did the deal where it looked like Elizabeth and Luger were going to split but instead it was a SWERVE! and Liz turned on Sting, hitting him in the face with a bat. Sting then disappeared until January.

Jesus, Russo is just obsessed with doing that storyline isn't he? He did this storyline last year in TNA's world title program! Another reason why turning Sting heel on Hogan wasn't going to get over, was because Sting's actions were very justified in my opinion. Hogan said Sting was the Hummer driver and Luger said Hogan was the Hummer driver, so Sting was confused by all of this nonsense and finally had enough at Fall Brawl 99 and beat Hogan down with a baseball bat, just in case if he was the Hummer driver. At least, thats what I think the storyline was, who knows?

How about this idea for tonight's main event: Booker actually pins Joe to become champion, but then Joe steals the belt himself and holds it hostage. Then he can feud with Nash over the "possession" of the belt, while Booker and, oh I dunno, AJ Styles can feud over who is the champion. Then Booker can run in on that Joe/Nash main event and steal back the belt while Tenay exclaims "Damn you Booker for running in and taking your actual property!"

That was a sarcastic post by the way.

Jesus, Russo is just obsessed with doing that storyline isn't he? He did this storyline last year in TNA's world title program! Another reason why turning Sting heel on Hogan wasn't going to get over, was because Sting's actions were very justified in my opinion. Hogan said Sting was the Hummer driver and Luger said Hogan was the Hummer driver, so Sting was confused by all of this nonsense and finally had enough at Fall Brawl 99 and beat Hogan down with a baseball bat, just in case if he was the Hummer driver. At least, thats what I think the storyline was, who knows?

Russo is obsessed with swerving people to the point that whatever story is being told gets lost in maze of pointless and inane plot twists in a desperate attempt to surprise people. It's a nice idea to surprise people, but Russo never learned the difference between a surprise that's good, makes sense when you think about, and has you saying, "That was a great twist", and a surprise that's bad, makes no sense when you think about, and has you saying, "That's the dumbest thing they could have done".

We could go on all day about lessons Vince Russo has never, and will never, learn.

We could go on all day about lessons Vince Russo has never, and will never, learn.

He's waiting for the right time to reveal that he knew what he was doing all along and his incompetence was merely a setup to his most monumental swerve of all.

He's waiting for the right time to reveal that he knew what he was doing all along and his incompetence was merely a setup to his most monumental swerve of all.

A straight-up wrestling match?

--The September TNA PPV will be headlined by either a tag team or trios match that would most likely build to a singles title match at Bound for Glory.

(My guess is that it will be Joe/Styles/Jarrett v. Nash/Sting/Booker?)

--Also, on either this weeks or next weeks Impact, the main event will be Gail Kim v. Awesome Kong.

AJ Styles, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelly vs Ultimo Guerrero, Negro Casas, Atlantis

That match is booked for the 8/29 CMLL show. Since Guerrero/Casas/Atlantis are the trios champions, it could be a trios title match. If that happens, it wouldn't shock me if the TNA guys win them. There is some backstory between Styles/Guerrero cause Ultimo eliminated Styles via low blow at the Gran Prix.

Best Buy is selling a slew of TNA dvds for 9.99. I picked up Global Impact.

Best Buy is selling a slew of TNA dvds for 9.99. I picked up Global Impact.

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up.

Gail Kim's "sister" from Impact is Earl Hebner's real-life daughter.

*head explodes*

They looked practically like twins, age difference aside. But Earl Hebner's daughter?

What's this all about?

http://whoissuicide.com/

Apparently this URL showed up briefly in knockout match - Taylor Wilde vs. Christy Hemme

EDIT: It's apparently a tie-in to an original character in the video game. Maybe they'll be having an actual worker take on the gimmick?

EDIT2: This guy seems to think it's going to be Kaz...

I have to admit I have really been digging the Karen's Angle segment. It seems like every week something bizarre happens on it, from Kaz quitting the company to Frank Trigg berating Karen and calling her a slut, to this week having Machismo attack Dutt on the set. I didn't think this would ever be a highlight of Impact, but it is.

How about last week, when Matt Morgan and Abyss came together?

There was chemistry, when they looked into each other’s eyes, you could think of a lot of things that could happen!

Last week, we saw the union of the monster and the beast!

Tenay and West made it sound like Morgan and Abyss had a gay marriage. :rolleyes:

Hey look, it's "up-and-coming wrestlers = young punks who don't respect THE BIZ or THE BOYZ IN THE BACK" Part MCMXVIII. Maybe it'll actually work this time.

No Impact thread? Angle's "I'm a Gold Medalist - you think I drink?" Line had to be a rib on the DUI arrest.

I wonder how many guys actually are drinkers in wrestling? Especially of the younger crop. I could see JBL throwing them back like nothing.. but not someone like, say, John Morrison. A dude I know who works for New Japan has no tolerance level for booze anymore because he hasn't had a drink in such a long time due to the effects it can have on your workout routine, etc.

from the wrestling herald

As Jason Powell of Prowrestling.net has reported the contract of Kevin Nash is up very soon. I couldn't confirm an exact date but I was told it is within the next few months. The general feeling is that this is why the Joe/Nash match has been put on the back burner just in case Nash doesn't stick around. Nash is very well liked backstage and despite what fans have said management has been happy with Nash in the ring since he came back a year or so ago.

Sting's contract is up soon as well which has been reported all over the place however I can add to it that so far things seem to be at a stalemate. Sting really isn't sure what he wants to do and some in charge in TNA such as Jarrett are telling Dixie not to re-sign him.

It has been well documented that Team 3D's contracts are either up already or will be soon. I was told that most expect them to stay in TNA but maybe on a match to match basis without a contract. WWE has very little intrest in either of them at this time. Devon is very well liked backstage in TNA but some wrestlers do not like Brother Ray. This is pretty much how it was for them in WWE as well.

In a Herald Exclusive I can confirm that Awesome Kong's contract is up soon as well. Kong signed a one year deal near the end of 2007 and that date is almost here. I was told by one source that WWE has intrest in her for sure but TNA management is confident that she will re-sign. A few other Knockouts deals are up soon as well. I was told that one will most likely not be re-signed but a name was not given.

Lastly in another Herald Exclusive I can also confirm that the contract of Homicide will be up in either late this year or early 2009 and there is some feeling that he may decide to leave and go back to the indy scene including ROH. One source told me that it all may come down to a money issue in the end.

I hope to have more on these contract situations soon so stay tuned.