TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

Yeah, they did do a knock-up job with the new Impact set, and with that, the production they do in the HD broadcast feed (thankfully I get Spike in HD) is really top notch. In the HD feed to, they do a nice job with the acoustics in the arena as well in translating it to the audio soundtrack, hard to explain but it's very good.

So, how 'bout TNA's big press release about trying to bribe Sarah Palin to make an appearance on Impact?

Another bad decision? SURE WHY NOT!

What is really sad is she would probably end up being the biggest heel in the history of TNA. For that one night, there would be someone for everyone to hate.

So, how 'bout TNA's big press release about trying to bribe Sarah Palin to make an appearance on Impact?

What is really sad is she would probably end up being the biggest heel in the history of TNA. For that one night, there would be someone for everyone to hate.

It's Pacman Jones all over again.

It's Pacman Jones all over again.

Sarah Palin for TNA Knockouts Champion!

Hate? This is a wrestling show. Regardless of which way internet message boards tend to skew, most wrestling fans trend overwhelmingly Republican. Unless the crowd just gives one of those weird smark reactions, she'd probably be cheered. Which then makes me question TNA's invitation for her to join the Beautiful People, a heel stable.

Hate? This is a wrestling show. Regardless of which way internet message boards tend to skew, most wrestling fans trend overwhelmingly Republican. Unless the crowd just gives one of those weird smark reactions, she'd probably be cheered. Which then makes me question TNA's invitation for her to join the Beautiful People, a heel stable.

Except that whenever WWE show the Obama and McCain videos at live tapings before the shows begin, Obama gets wildly cheered and McCain gets booed out of the building. I wouldn't expect a positive reaction for Palin.

Yeah Jingus, not sure where you are basing your assumption that most wrestling fans are republican, as everytime they did the Obama/McCain videos on Raw and additionally, when I went to Raw live in Minneapolis, the reaction was negative towards McCain and the other way towards Obama. I would tend to think most fans are liberal actually.

And I don't get these lame-duck olive branches to "celebrities" that TNA does. I get they think it will make mainstream news IF it was ever to go down, but hasn't time shown us that this company never capitalizes on these things, even if they actually happen?

Yeah Jingus, not sure where you are basing your assumption that most wrestling fans are republican

Well, mostly the redneck fans at every wrestling show I ever worked. Which were admittedly mostly in the South, but wrestling in general seems like it heavily appeals towards the Nascar demographic.

Since Florida went democrat in this election, I doubt Sarah Palin will be cheered. Also, I think people are just sick of hearing about her anyway. Apparantly, wrestling promoters these days don't understand that fans watch wrestling to get away from political stuff, not to hear about it on there too.

Whoever said that Impact is getting better b/c of the MEM/Kids angle, I agree.

Sting in particular is giving the performances (mic and in-ring, but esp. mic) of his career here. Adding 3-D to the mix wouldn't be a bad idea, either, since they've obviously got the World Tag champ cred. Nash and Steiner or Booker and Steiner are natural tag teams, as well, and they'd be good foils for LAX, Abyss/Morgan, or MCM. Plus, there's built in history with MCM and Nash.

But they really need to build up the young guys to make this work. AJ and Joe are there, and there are others who are believeable (Lethal, Matt Morgan, Abyss). But if they have people like Shark Boy, (goofy) Eric Young, and (pissant) MCM's join in, the "Kids" side isn't going to be taken seriously.

One way to build someone could be to have Steiner and Petey feud. It's almost a no-brainer, esp. since Petey more than paid his dues, according to the storyline he had with Steiner.

And now would be the perfect time to bring back Christopher Daniels. Have Curry Man go back to Japan or something, and then have Foley re-hire Daniels in order to show the value of the TNA originals.

And now would be the perfect time to bring back Christopher Daniels. Have Curry Man go back to Japan or something, and then have Foley re-hire Daniels in order to show the value of the TNA originals.

Ironically enough, both characters switched promotions earlier this year (Daniels in NJPW, Curry Man in TNA).

He dropped it a little in this past weeks promo. I think the deal is he does that (stops using the accent) when he gets angry. It didn't make sense when he was doing it before...and it makes even less sense now. Angle, Nash and even Sting have their serious faces on...Book should drop that accent and just play it straight.

Also...Sting fucking rules right now. I've always liked Sting in the, hey...it's Sting kind of way. But I just dig his promos, I dig his suit, I even dig him as Champion. You know they're gonna turn on him when things start going poorly, and he can get his last big face run...and I think it's going to work. I thikn they've figured out that he should be left as the tweener out there. Let people cheer, let the minority boo...when the time comes for him to move back to superbabyface Sting I think the crowd will be there, and they'll care more about him than they have in years. Hell...I'm pretty sure they already do.

Sting is the man.

Just wondering but what is supposed to be Booker's "country" anyway? Is he supposed to be Jamaican now? An African of some sort? That must be it: Booker is now from the great country of Africa. It all ties in to the possible Palin appearance.

It wouldn't shock me if she showed up to this PPV, as long as she happened to be anywhere in that area of the country at the time. If they wanted to 100% make sure I didn't want to see the next PPV, having a Sarah Palin appearance is the way to go about it.

He claims to be some kind of African king. I almost want to say he referenced Kenya and I know people have said its based on Idi Amin but generally I think he's kept to vague African references like hunting elephants. It really is the exact same act as the British King from WWE except he jumped fake places he's from. He started it up pretty randomly and just slipped further and further into his delusion as everyone around him either gave him weird looks or just humored him. When he gets fired up he slips back into his natural accent showing it all to be an act. Same thing, just a different accent/country of origin.

"Also...Sting fucking rules right now. I've always liked Sting in the, hey...it's Sting kind of way. But I just dig his promos, I dig his suit, I even dig him as Champion. You know they're gonna turn on him when things start going poorly, and he can get his last big face run...and I think it's going to work. I thikn they've figured out that he should be left as the tweener out there. Let people cheer, let the minority boo...when the time comes for him to move back to superbabyface Sting I think the crowd will be there, and they'll care more about him than they have in years. Hell...I'm pretty sure they already do.

Sting is the man."- The Ghost of bps21

I agree with this statement big time. But of course I'm the huge Sting mark on the board. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of this angle. At the moment I have no clue who will dethrone Sting as champion, which is a pleasant surprise for once after his overly short reigns the last two years.

I always thought that it would've been cool to see a rehash of the Embassy but with Booker T as the Prince Nana of the group... but no stupid fake accents, though. I kind of thought they were going this route with the King Booker stuff back in WWE, but we all know how that panned out.

Source: www.PWTorch.com

- The people that were most upset about Scott Hall being at the Turning Point show were Kevin Nash and Samoa Joe. The storyline they wanted to get over in their match was that Joe took everything Nash had and still kicked out and was likely going to win if not for the low blow and Nash's feet on the ropes. Nobody has ever kicked out of two Nash powerbombs except The Undertaker. Nash and Joe worked hard on their match, even screening an old Sgt. Slaughter vs. Pat Patterson match for ideas. There is a feeling that because the fans were expecting Scott Hall to run in at any second, it really took away from the match.

Nash and Joe didn't need Hall to get over their angle and TNA nor the two were not going to build a storyline or a match finish on the unreliable Scott Hall. The joke backstage was that Hall took a full year to show up for his scheduled pay-per-view appearance and there are still a lot of hard feelings towards Hall within TNA for missing last year's show.

The storyline for Nash and Joe now is that Nash will refuse to fight Joe again because he beat him already while coming across as a bit of a coward. No pay-per-view rematches are in the works for the two right now but they are set to face each other multiple times on the upcoming European tour. Eventually the storyline will be that Joe gets TNA management to give him another match with Nash after Nash doing everything he can to avoid it. The idea is that Joe builds up outrage that he took everything Nash gave him and could only be pinned after a low blow and a tainted pin.

I don't know, Nash has been kinda working his ass off lately to help make others look good in his matches. Not only that, but Nash is really high when it comes to good business and if putting Joe over in the future using the old "I'm ducking you now because I have already beat you!" story might be really good business for TNA, Nash, and Joe.

Also with the way Nash has been doing his matches as of lates, I can't really see him all of a sudden just going "fuck it, I'm done!" any time soon.