TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

Have any of you guys watched the Angle DVD yet? Is this the final match list?

1. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe...Genesis 2006

2. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe...Turning Point 2006

3. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe...30 Min. Iron Man Match- Final Resolution 2007

4. Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles vs. Christian Cage vs. Chris Harris vs. Samoa Joe...TNA World Title King of the Mountain Match- Slammiversary 2007

5. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe...Winner Take All Match- Hard Justice 2007

6. Kurt Angle vs. Jay Lethal...X-Division Title Match- No Surrender 2007

7. Kurt Angle vs. Sting...TNA World Title Match...Bound For Glory 2007

8. Kurt Angle vs. Sting...TNA World Title Match...Impact 10/28/07

9. Kurt Angle vs. Yuji Nagata...IWGP Title Match- Global Impact

10. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe...TNA World Title Match- Lockdown 2008

Also, are the TNA DVDs at Best Buy $5, or $5.99? They are $5.99 on the site, but if that's what they are in store I'll order some online and do in store pickup.

That's the final list, good set of matches, but could have used a few more of his matches. The documentary is pretty good, much better than the Samoa Joe, Abyss, Sting, Christian dvds.

Is Abyss' contract running out or something? Why else would they be making him out to be the world's biggest fucktard?

I think they are just slow building a Morgan heel turn on him, which then will make Abyss "snap" or something. In the bookers' minds, (and my guess is Dirty Dutch is heavily involved in the booking of this with Russo's fingerprints all over it too) this is them trying to get babyface sympathy for the character.

Why would anyone want to cheer him at this point? Every time I see him now all I want is for Beer Money, and anyone else, to just totally fuck him up for being such a douchebag that he's turned into here lately.

Maybe it'll work for some, but it sure isn't working for me.

Why would anyone want to cheer him at this point? Every time I see him now all I want is for Beer Money, and anyone else, to just totally fuck him up for being such a douchebag that he's turned into here lately.

Maybe it'll work for some, but it sure isn't working for me.

Yeah, its the wrong character to be doing a bi-polar 180 degree switch with, since Abyss was already established to be alot tougher, etc than how they have him now. But it's supposed to explain Morgan's turn down the road I would guess (because Abyss is so gullible).

I read on another Board that Best Buy is Anti-TNA.

How do you mean? They always have copies of their DVDs in......maybe because they are doing this big sale on them? Appeared to be like they were marking them down to clear them out...

TNA is advertising the Best Buy sale on their website so it's a collaboration.

I got Global Impact, Bound For Glory 2007 & Lockdown 2006 for 18$...not bad.

Its not a big deal, I'm just sharing my pics and shit. Sorry this brought displeasure to your night.

It didn't at all, I just wasn't sure if there was a point or not.

Well, it is called random thoughts...

Its not a big deal, I'm just sharing my pics and shit. Sorry this brought displeasure to your night.

It didn't at all, I just wasn't sure if there was a point or not.

Well, it is called random thoughts...

Technically, that'd be a random sight.

Elijah may indeed be TNA bound....

Elijah Burke posted photos of himself kissing TNA Knockout SoCal Val on his Myspace page. He released the following statement regarding the photos. "Well, since some of you have heard, asked, or seen the pics in the tagged photos section (and who knows where else), I have only this to say, 'I love Val, she is my friend, and whatever happened between her and I, will stay between us.'"

According to PWInsider.com:

In a bit of the "good news/bad news" department for TNA, the company's mobile text messaging service revealed today that former TNA Tag Team champions Hernandez and Homicide, LAX, have signed for three years as part of a new deal with the company. I'm not sure about Homicide, but Hernandez' deal was set to expire next month. They are signed through 2011.

On the other side of the coin, TNA sources confirmed that Frankie Kazarian suffered a biceps injury at the Monday Night Impact tapings while appearing as the new masked character Suicide. The severity of the injury is still to be determined. Kazarian had just returned from triceps surgery at the Final Resolution PPV.

Good for TNA on Homicide and Hernandez. I'm really hoping that their cases are the beginning of bigger and better things for them. With the top guys (Christian, Sting, Angle) either gone, going, or retiring sooner or later, hopefully they get pushed up.

Sucks to be Kaz.

So, as the new gimmick was starting, he got injured, and now that he's doing the gimmick, he's injured. Seems like this new character is career Suicide (you all knew it was going to be said).

Just have someone else play the stupid roll. Kaz is one of the few younger (and I only mean younger by comparison to the top guys) guys in TNA to get himself over to a respectable level above the other guys that are pretty much just like him. So TNA, of course, takes him off TV and puts a mask on him.

Genius.

How do you mean? They always have copies of their DVDs in......maybe because they are doing this big sale on them? Appeared to be like they were marking them down to clear them out...

It was a meta-joke about THE BOARD~! on F4W.

Just have someone else play the stupid roll. Kaz is one of the few younger (and I only mean younger by comparison to the top guys) guys in TNA to get himself over to a respectable level above the other guys that are pretty much just like him. So TNA, of course, takes him off TV and puts a mask on him.

Genius.

They should just bring back in Low Ki to play the role, since I believe he was the guy they used for the role in the actual videogame.

It was a meta-joke about THE BOARD~! on F4W.

"I went to Best Buy today to pick up the Against All Odds 2008 DVD with the tremendous Kurt Angle © vs Christian Cage TNA World Heavyweight Championship match. I had no intention of buying any WWE dvds since I had crossed the line in 2002 and never looked back, but they had the Rey Mysterio: Ultimate Fan Collection on sale and since I've started working out regularly, I figured it was worth it for the wrist bands. When I got up to the counter, the cashier said "Which of these things is not like the other?" and gave a sarcastic smirk while scanning my TNA disc. I asked him what the deal was and he talked about how TNA wasn't "legitimate." Uh, the TNA World Heavyweight Champion is a freaking Olympic Gold Medalist! That's as legitimate as it gets. WWE's champions are a white rapper, a zombie, and the brother of a zombie. He offered to void it if I wanted to and it'd be no problem. I declined his "polite" offer and I paid for my stuff and got out. How much is WWE paying Best Buy to try to discourage them from crossing the line?"

Suicide sure moved like Low Ki when he cleared the MCMGs out of the ring at Final Resolution, right down to the walk and the running dropkick. Although he did look more Kaz-sized, so doubtless it was Kaz trying to move like Low Ki. But surely they could find someone else for the role (although why they'd bother is beyond me).

I'm putting money on Frank Trigg.