TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

Only if they all form a stable of wrestlers who all wear rings and when they put the rings together, the lights go out and when the lights come back on the 3 wrestlers disappear and Sabu is in the middle of the ring.

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Sabu!"

It could totally happen in Japan.

This is totally something that would happen in HUSTLE.

For what its worth from what I read it isn't necessarily Time Warner's fault. They claim Viacom is trying to gauge the subscribers to make up for decline ad rates from poorly rated networks. It certainly sounds possible. True or not they're argument is that they don't want to have to raise your bill or set a precedent where other channels do this and you get a big bump. Its not like this is a case where Cablevision refuses to carry SNY or YES (for a YEAR) because they were angry over losing the Mets and Yankees from MSG. Or a channel and a cable company fighting over whether a channel should be included on an existing package or be a separate subscription cost. TW SEEMS to be trying to help you.

Of course I'm not a TW subscriber so I haven't paid attention much. But either way, Viacom doesn't want to lose millions of households including much of LA and NY. Spike may get blocked out tomorrow but I wouldn't bet on it taking more than a week or 2 for a deal to be struck.

Only if they all form a stable of wrestlers who all wear rings and when they put the rings together, the lights go out and when the lights come back on the 3 wrestlers disappear and Sabu is in the middle of the ring.

I was completely thinking of Hustle but there are so many promotions who do weird gimmicks/comedy stuff any promotion could do it.

This is a good example right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XXQaTTBfGM

And I don't think that's even Hustle!

The whole Time Warner/Viacom thing reminds me of the Dish Network/Viacom spat from early 2004. The Dish Network CEO had his panties in a wad about Viacom wanting them to pay more for their stations. From what I've read, to pay what Viacom wanted, all they would have had to do is mark up each Disk Network customer's bill by 1 CENT FOR 1 MONTH. Still though, it seems this Viacom CEO is hard to deal with.

Was that 2004 dispute when there was a crawl at the bottom of the screen during some shows (like Raw) explaining the situation and urging people to complain to whoever the appropriate person to complain to?

Also, just a quick note - if anyone is still interested in voting for the year end wrestling awards, it's up in Center Stage and still open until sometime next week.

We don't have full details, but Viacom and Time Warner have at least reached an agreement to where the 19 Viacom stations, including Spike, Nickelodeon, BET, MTV, VH-1, Comedy Central and others, will remain on Time Warner according to a report on Los Angeles station KTLA's 11 p.m. newscast tonight.

It was reported a new contract between the groups was signed, but terms were not announced. The stations were all scheduled to be taken off at midnight tonight.

Per Meltz. That would explain why I still have Spike.

I was completely thinking of Hustle but there are so many promotions who do weird gimmicks/comedy stuff any promotion could do it.

Yah, that's from a big interpromotion show for Minoru Suzuki's birthday. I do know that DDT does tons of comedy stuff, and even Big Japan does as well.. I especially love their hadouken routine that Men's Teioh breaks out every now and then. DDT did one where they had two tag teams feuding actually come to the ring and fight eachother.. in a match of Fire Pro Wrestling R on PS2. Pretty funny shit right there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijSW8rCtiQ

Yah, that's from a big interpromotion show for Minoru Suzuki's birthday. I do know that DDT does tons of comedy stuff, and even Big Japan does as well.. I especially love their hadouken routine that Men's Teioh breaks out every now and then. DDT did one where they had two tag teams feuding actually come to the ring and fight eachother.. in a match of Fire Pro Wrestling R on PS2. Pretty funny shit right there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijSW8rCtiQ

I saw that match quite awhile ago, I love Japan comedy wrestling stuff and I love the fact the fans have a good time with it.

Is that Gail Kim?

Yeah. There are a number of pics with Tracy, Christy and Gail in sexy poses on Christy's myspace.

Does TNA normally take forever to send merchandise to you? I bought a Curryman shirt from them almost a month ago and it still hasn't shipped out yet. It's almost been a freaking month.

Does TNA normally take forever to send merchandise to you? I bought a Curryman shirt from them almost a month ago and it still hasn't shipped out yet. It's almost been a freaking month.

Yea, I ordered shit on like Thanksgiving and it didn't come until like December 30th. It's bullshit they charge Handling too.

I've never had too much trouble but I've certainly heard people complain enough. I've ordered a few times including on Thanksgiving and I got it fast enough. Probably not as fast as Amazon but no more than 10 days or so and faster than most of my ROH orders have come. But like I said, I've heard enough complaints that it might not be incredibly rare to have that problem.

Random observation: TNA has a fiercely loyal group of fans that get them around a 1.0 no matter what the occassion. They did a 1.0 on Christmas. They did a .95 on New Years Day with a best of show. And they did a 1.1 last night against the National Championship game. They know what they're bottom is at least.

Random observation: TNA has a fiercely loyal group of fans that get them around a 1.0 no matter what the occassion. They did a 1.0 on Christmas. They did a .95 on New Years Day with a best of show. And they did a 1.1 last night against the National Championship game. They know what they're bottom is at least.

It's just too bad they can't those same million viewers to order the pay per views......hell even 10 percent of them (100,000 buys) would be pretty damn strong for them. This next pay per view will be a very telling benchmark on how their build went to getting their Impact viewers to actually want to get the pay per view here since that "go-home segment" at the end of this weeks' show really sold me on at least the six man and Angle/Jarrett.

Other "random thoughts"

Anyone heard yet when exactly Global Impact 2 is going to be aired on Spike?

FINALLY.....TNA is coming around my neck of the woods for a house show. Rochester, MN to be exact (on March 26th or something) at the same arena that used to tape the dying days of the AWA back in 1990. In fact the last year plus of the company....every weeks ESPN and All Star Wrestling show was taped there. So it holds a lot of memories for me since I went to alot of those tapings as a young kid. WWE has also come to this same arena on and off for years, and in fact they are doing a house show tomorrow there. WCW did a few house shows there as well back in the 90s. I'm already banking on hopefully picking up front row ringside immediately when they go on sale.

I don't get why TNA won't come to Western New York. We support any kind of entertainment that comes here...and Dixie has been on our local wrestling radio show before talking about how they do good ratings in Buffalo. ECW did good business here and I have no doubt that TNA would draw well.

I don't get why TNA won't come to Western New York. We support any kind of entertainment that comes here...and Dixie has been on our local wrestling radio show before talking about how they do good ratings in Buffalo. ECW did good business here and I have no doubt that TNA would draw well.

I'm sure they will head up there in 09. But at least they have and will continue to tour in and around New York in general, though. Shit, the closest they have ever come to around here was Des Moines, IA, which is a 4-5 hour jog from where I'm at (Southern Minnesota). With the Rochester show, that's only an hour or so away from me.

The closest they've come to me is Detroit...which I actually drove to both times (their first house show and their first ppv out of Orlando). Well...they actually were closer in Ontario but that's Canada...and that's a whole different set of headaches.

The closest they've come to me is Detroit...which I actually drove to both times (their first house show and their first ppv out of Orlando). Well...they actually were closer in Ontario but that's Canada...and that's a whole different set of headaches.

For what its worth, I could see TNA definately doing a pay per view in the state of New York somewhere in 09 here. Just seems inevitable.

I actually wonder how many pay per views they will turn on the road this year anyway, hopefully they just do every single one on the road this year, that would seem to be the logical idea considering how they keep bumping up their touring like this.

TNA to release 4 disc DVD set on Jeff Jarrett

EARLY DETAILS ON THE UPCOMING "JEFF JARRETT: KING OF THE MOUNTAIN" DVD

Coming April 14 from TNA Wrestling Home Video is the first-ever DVD release dedicated to the TNA Founder and "King Of The Mountain"...Jeff Jarrett!

The DVD will be a FOUR disc set, with over 12 HOURS of footage, including his best TNA matches and moments, a lengthy and candid sitdown interview on his life, career and TNA Wrestling, rare photos, guest commentary and so much more!

it will be the most extensive and loaded DVD release in TNA Wrestling history, chronicling the amazing career of the multiple time World Heavyweight Champion.

Plus, TNAwrestling.com has learned that TNA Management Director Jim Cornette (a longtime wrestling historian) has donated very rare tapes of Jarrett's early career bouts for the project! In fact, many of those complete matches will be featured on the DVD.

TNAwrestling.com will have more information on the upcoming Jeff Jarrett DVD in the coming weeks - including exclusive footage from the DVD, the box artwork, never-before-seen photos and video and much more!

The interview could be really interesting since he's been everywhere in his career. The oldschool matches are a nice addition. The TNA matches are pretty much all the same match with different opponents though. He literally spent the first 4 years of the company brawling in the crowd, hitting the finishing sequences, hitting someone with a guitar and winning.