TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smell the ratings!!!

A Bullet Dodged

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I'm far too lazy to cut and paste, so I paraphrase.

At 1Wrestling, they're reporting that Russo has already been taken off the writing staff, and is now a "on-payroll advisor"

Guess we won't get that Nidia on a pole match I was looking forward to sunday.

Guest BoboBrazil

The word I am getting is that Vince Russo has already been moved off of the creative team. From what I am hearing, after Russo met with the creative team yesterday, Vince McMahon had second thoughts about the move and has designated Russo as an official on-payroll advisor to WWE. Russo is out of day-to-day writing. As we reported earlier today, Brian Gerwitz will still be in charge of Raw, Paul Heyman still in charge of Smackdown. The entire team (and agents) will be involved in pay per views.

1wrestling.com

THIS FUCKING SUCKS. I guess McMahon couldn't take someone who wasn't a yes man who said every idea he had was fucking brilliant.

Guest Tony149

So McMahon just added somebody else to the payroll? I tell ya, Vince keeps signing guys left and right...just wasting his own money.

As for Russo being off the team. I don't agree with everything he's done, but don't sign anybody if you don't plan on using them for the role they were hired for. That's like signing Goldberg, but after he meet the wrestlers, Vince decided to make him an announcer.

I would rather be stuck with Russo & McMahon than Steph, Brian "Whatever the hell his last name is". Heyman is alright.

Guest Luke Michael

That's dumb. At least they could put him on one of them instead of being an advisor. What are they going to do...call him up after every card and him tell them how bad he thought it sucked.

If I were the WWE I'd put Heyman in charge of RAW since he is familar with alot of the wrestlers (Brock, Bubba, Raven, etc.) I'd put that Brian whatever guy in charge of Smackdown. RAW would be more for wrestling with a bit of entertainment while Smackdown would be full of entertainment. Vince Russo, and Stephanie would all be in charge and involved with both writing teams. In the end Vince McMahon could approve it all.

Here...I fixed the writing team problem in just 2 minutues.

Guest Prince Paul
So McMahon just added somebody else to the payroll? I tell ya, Vince keeps signing guys left and right...just wasting his own money.

As for Russo being off the team. I don't agree with everything he's done, but don't sign anybody if you don't plan on using them for the role they were hired for. That's like signing Goldberg, but after he meet the wrestlers, Vince decided to make him an announcer.

I would rather be stuck with Russo & McMahon than Steph, Brian "Whatever the hell his last name is". Heyman is alright.

It could be Vince was threatened by Russo's relationship with Jarrett and wanted to stop him from going to NWA TNA?? But Vince probably laughs at the thought of Jeff and Jerry taking some of his business. I'm not sure. This whole week has seemed shadey.

Guest bcu1979

Russo probably suggested that they push Jericho and give him a win over Triple H, so he had to be removed immediately. ;)

This crap has just become ridiculous. Vince is becoming as incompetent as Eric Bischoff. Did McMahon not bother to ask Russo what he would do with the product before he ran out to hire him? I find that hard to believe.

Maybe that 3.1 will change Vince's mind. Russo may or may not be the answer but the current writing team led by STEPHANIE sure as hell isn't going to turn this ship around. Stephanie's two year reign of terror over the creative team needs to come to an end.

Guest Jobber of the Week
If I were the WWE I'd put Heyman in charge of RAW since he is familar with alot of the wrestlers (Brock, Bubba, Raven, etc.) I'd put that Brian whatever guy in charge of Smackdown. RAW would be more for wrestling with a bit of entertainment while Smackdown would be full of entertainment.

Good idea. Just trade the nWo to SmackDown in turn for Chuckabilly, Rico, and somebody who needs to focus on wrestling or has to for lack of mic skills. Maybe Orton or something.

Guest DrEvil

My guess would be that this has something to do with Hogan and a plan Russo had laid out for him. If I'm right, this does not bode well for Angle Sunday.

Guest BobbyWhioux

Unless Russo's hiring is/was a bluff card to scare Hogan into doing the job to Angle as planned lest he be subjected to something more humilating from the mind of Russo.

Kinda like when in negotiating the first figure you throw out is way too high on purpose so that you can still get a high figure while looking like you're "letting yourself be talked down to a more realistic sum."

Just a thought that occured to me, the eternal optimist who likes to presume the plan is to put Angle over.

Guest dreamer420

that is very odd news. i wonder if russo made some kind of comment backstage that got him demoted. it was likely his cocky attitude that got him into trouble.

Guest jimmy no nose

I guarentee he's back at the top of the booking commitee by the end of July.

Guest the 1inch punch

Didn't Jerry Jarrett speficially say he didnt want Russo booking for TNA

Guest justcoz

First of all everyone is jumping to conclusions just like they were yesterday upon hearing about Russo's hiring. We have no idea what transpired during yesterday's creative team meeting and what led to Vinnie Mac's decision to use Russo as an advisor.

Perhaps it wasn't a negative thing at all? Maybe Heyman's Smackdown and Gerwitz's RAW proposals were satisfying and Russo found himself in a position of throwing in a few "How about doing this", "What if we tried that", etc. Hence McMahon seeing Russo as more of an advisor for each show when it comes to angle and character development as opposed to the lone creative force behind everything.

Nobody expected Russo to be hired and pick up where he left off in 1999 with him writing both Raw and Smackdown. Heyman and Gerwitz have been in their roles for two weeks and although the ratings haven't improved their efforts for the most part haven't been disappointing. I liked the direction Raw was going in and I've liked Smackdown although the same interest isn't there since I read the spoilers.

I think Gerwitz is pushing RVD, Booker, Eddie, Benoit, Brock, Raven, etc. I think Heyman intends to push Jericho, Storm, Edge, Angle, etc. Probably nothing different than what Russo would propose so let Russo just be the here's an idea guy to each writer. I happen to think this role will be best for him.

Russo being an "advisor" does indeed still make him a part of the creative team. He will be the guy in Vince's ear telling him what's working and what isn't, what needs to be explored, what needs to be dropped, etc. So what if he actually isn't writing the stuff?!

Guest Shaved Bear

i think of russo and heyman being very similar in the sense that they are good writers, if kept in check

Guest Trivia247

Russo came in DEMANDING full control of the Creative Writing Department. lol Guess we can see how far demanding got him. Maybe he'll write himself a match in the ring with someone like Brock, and get himself all Concussed again wearing a Ceisure helmet and having to eat his food through a straw HAHAHAH

Guest RetroRob215

Maybe Vince McMahon has finally came back down to Earth. He must have figured out that Crash TV isn't what saved the WWF in 1996/1997. Good wrestling, long feuds, and popular new stars did. Crash TV was more of the WWF's Golden Age than it's rise to the top.

Guest dreamer420

i'm guessing that we'll hear he's gone from the company by the end of raw on monday.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Stephanie McMahon still oversees Heyman and Gerwitz.

Guest muswp1

That was fast. I was expecting Russo to get demoted by Summerslam. Not that I am complaining.

Guest GenerationNever

I think it would interesting to put Russo at the commentating table with JR. Their "real-life" heat could play out nicely. After all, the best stories are based on truth. I wouldn't count Russo out yet. Don't underestimate him.