TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Why hasn't anyone mentioned...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that Hogan had to turn heel...because people genuinely didn't want to see him anymore?

He's the originator of X-Pac heat.

Guest goodhelmet

It was a sport in WCW. It was called "who can hit Hogan with this seven dollar alcoholic beverage I just purchased at the convenient stand, denying me my buzz while I have to listen to this egomaniac talk about his pythons, but maybe it will hit him square in the temple"

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It was from 1992-1996.

Then they made it an official sport by turning him heel...and it lost all of its meaning.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Eh.........there's still some redneck bikers out there who like Hogan.

Guest goodhelmet

And that's exactly what wrestling needs ,more redneck bikers!!!!! bring on DOA and the Disciple!

Guest Tony149

HAHAHA! It probably was. I wonder why Kevin Nash is sitting next to him with a bucket of money. :)

Guest OSIcon

I'm not a Hogan fan or supporter by any means, but that's kind of ridiculous.  Hogan was getting booed in 1994-1995 in WCW because his character was played out and was past its time.  He had been potraying the same character for over ten years at that point.  Not to mention, that the 'whole American' face that Hogan was playing was becoming obselete and was more of a WWF then a WCW thing anyway.  The fans turned on him because his character was old and played out.  

When he initially turned heel, he was getting genuine heel heat and once again became an interesting character.  When he went back to a face later on, he was once again recieving good heat as a face.  His character was just played out...it wasn't that people didn't want to see Hogan at all.  

I'm not saying that I want to see him in the WWF or that he is a good wrestler by any stretch of the imagination, but he has always managed to stay over one way or another.  As long as he is not completely mishandled in the WWF, he will be over as a heel there, also.

The whole 'X-Pac' heat thing is one of the dumbest things I have heard.  How you can possibly gauge that us beyond me...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

You judge it by the number of people that put there heads down and shake them in disgust as if to question, "Why God?  Why is he still wrestling?"

Guest Tony149

This thread will probably spin-off into a "There's no such thing as "X-Pac heat". It happened somewhat at the old forum and nobody will agree.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

There is such a thing as X-Pac heat.

Anyone who says there isn't is agreeing with Anglesault.

Why would anyone want to do that?

He doesn't even beleive in the glass ceiling!

Of course that is because his boy didn't have to worry about it due to the injury situation in the WWF at the time...

Guest Tony149

Oh, I belive. But others don't. Just throw out the name RTC and X-Pac heat, and see what you get. I did and it wasn't worth it.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

RTC proves X-Pac heat exists.

Up until the day that cancelled that storyline...they were getting more heat than anyone...

...and it ain't cause they were over.

Guest The Masked Yodeler

The RTC was genius up to and including when the Go(o)dfather joined.  After that, it went down the crapper soooooooooooooooooo fast.

Guest Anglesault
There is such a thing as X-Pac heat.

Anyone who says there isn't is agreeing with Anglesault.

Why would anyone want to do that?

He doesn't even beleive in the glass ceiling!

Of course that is because his boy didn't have to worry about it due to the injury situation in the WWF at the time...

Excuse me? I was saying that before the name "X-Pac heat" was originated. I called it "Get off my TV heat"

And the glass ceiling does not exist.

Guest BrianScala

In all seriousness, I think a heel Hogan could be a positive for the WWF, short-term. By bringing in the nWo to seemingly destroy everyone in the WWF, face or heel, you could have a bunch of dream scenarios. We saw Hogan v. "everyone in WCW." (i.e. Sting, Goldberg, Luger) Now, we get Hogan v. "everyone in WWF," (i.e. Austin, Rock, HHH).

This sort of reminds me of how Jordan's return to the NBA was hyped, where the media led you to believe everyone wanted a piece of MJ. In WCW, no one wanted a piece of Hogan, per say, until he turned heel. Here you have a scenario where everyone in the WWF knows he's coming, knows he's coming as the heelish "Hollywood Hogan," and wants a piece of him. It's interesting to see how it plays out.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

How does a group of old peole destroying the credability of better workers help wrestling?

In the long run?

Guest The Vanilla Midget
Excuse me? I was saying that before the name "X-Pac heat" was originated. I called it "Get off my TV heat"

And the glass ceiling does not exist.

yup, i remember you talking about get off my tv heat, and it certainly does exist.  look for godfather to get some in the coming weeks, as well as the nwo.

you're also right about the glass ceiling, it doesnt exist.  since trips has returned it has become the concrete ceiling.  guys like rvd cant even *see* the top through it anymore.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Hey...I used that HHH is the concrete ceiling line in the old forum!

SWEET!

Guest The Vanilla Midget

sorry bps, didnt realise.  once the nwo returns, the concrete ceiling will be naught but a fond memory for midcarders.  they will now subjected to the new IRON CEILING, which is impenetrable, and also ensures that main eventers remain main eventers years after they are eligible for the pension!

Guest TheMikeSC

In all seriousness, I think a heel Hogan could be a positive for the WWF, short-term. By bringing in the nWo to seemingly destroy everyone in the WWF, face or heel, you could have a bunch of dream scenarios. We saw Hogan v. "everyone in WCW." (i.e. Sting, Goldberg, Luger)

And that worked out well for WCW, right?

Oh, that's right, it didn't. Fans got sick of it and turned on WCW.

BTW, interesting sidenote: The legendary Georgia Dome show were Goldberg won the World Title---wasn't the attendance about the same as Royal Rumble '97, which didn't exatly take place in one of the WWF's hotter periods?

Sad that the biggest match WCW had in years could draw a crowd in their home city about as large as a PPV for a WWF losing in the ratings badly, isn't it?

Now, we get Hogan v. "everyone in WWF," (i.e. Austin, Rock, HHH).

Well, I won't argue that some of the WWF's thinking seems to be "Hey, what can I do to piss off fans toay?", but this would be beyond the worst move they could make.

I'd rather se Steph as WWF World Champ.

This sort of reminds me of how Jordan's return to the NBA was hyped, where the media led you to believe everyone wanted a piece of MJ. In WCW, no one wanted a piece of Hogan, per say, until he turned heel. Here you have a scenario where everyone in the WWF knows he's coming, knows he's coming as the heelish "Hollywood Hogan," and wants a piece of him. It's interesting to see how it plays out.

It won't be interesting because the moment Hogan enters the ring, he'll stick out like a sore thumb of terrible work.

Buff Bagwell can outwork Hogan.

-=Mike

Guest Tony149

I went to the Royal Rumble 1997. They was about 60,000 fans there. The WWF said it was 65,625. WCW drew about 45,000. Although WCW was a legit sell out. Where the Rumble was somewhat comp.

Guest TheMikeSC

I went to the Royal Rumble 1997. They was about 60,000 fans there. The WWF said it was 65,625. WCW drew about 45,000. Although WCW was a legit sell out. Where the Rumble was somewhat comp.

Most any figure I've seen regarding the paid attendance of that Rumble show is in the 40,000 area.

-=Mike

...And, keep in mind, HBK v Sid wasn't exactly a barn burner of a ME

Guest treble charged

All I want is for Hogan to stick around until the SmackDown after WrestleMania, so I can see him, snap a picture, and check him off my list of people I've seen live.  Flair has to be there, too.  Then, he can go retire and make me happy.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I went to a WCW house show in Detroit once for that very reason.

I was so shocked that Hogan was working a house show I had to see for myself.

Sure enough I got to see Hogan job to Sting in a cage match.

I'm done with him now.