TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Ongoing Impact spoilers for Thursday

From PWI

Impact:

*Impact opens with TNA champion Samoa Joe dedicating his title win and reign to the fans. Scott Steiner comes out and awards Petey Williams his X-Division title shot, then starts ripping on Joe about Sacrifice. Kurt Angle comes out and announces that he is going to use his rematch clause on next week's Impact.

*In a backstage segment, Rhino and Christian Cage arrive at the Impact Zone. Team 3D show up and try to plant the seed in Rhino's head that he can't trust Cage. It ends up with Team 3D, James Storm and Robert Roode all attacking them and laying them out.

*TNA X-Division champion Jay Lethal pinned Johnny Devine. Petey Williams attacked Lethal and nailed a tornado DDT onto the title shot briefcase. Williams opened the briefcase and slammed Lethal's head inside it. He announces he is taking his title shot now, nails the Canadian Destroyer and pins Lethal for the belt. New X-Division champion.

*Matt Morgan comes to the ring and cuts a promo on the sacrifices he made for Jim Cornette, only to be dismissed as part of TNA management. Morgan promised to be a "Blueprint" (his OVW nickname) for giants in professional wrestling.

*Kaz and Super Eric capture the TNA Tag Team championships, defeated AJ Styles & Tomko and LAX in a Three-Way bout when Eric pinned Styles

*Backstage, AJ Style protested to Jim Cornette that Super Eric and Eric Young are two different people (as they were supposed to defend against Eric Young, NOT Super Eric..anyone else have a Midnight Rider sized headache, yet?). AJ demands Cornette ask Young if he knows Super Eric and if he doesn't, then they deserve the titles back. Cornette agrees just to get them out of the office.

*Rhino and Christian defeated Team 3D. Rhino accidentally gored Cage but then Devon accidentally clotheslined Ray and Rhino scored the pin. Afterwards, 3D got into it with each other and security separated them.

*Jim Cornette, AJ Styles and Tomko come to the ring to resolve the Tag Team championship issue. Kaz and Super Eric come out and Super Eric acts as if he doesn't know who Eric Young is. Jim Cornette strips them of the tag titles, but won't give the belts back to Styles and Tomko. He says he will make an official decision next week.

*TNA Knockout champ Awesome Kong defeated Roxxi.

*Booker T & Sting & BG James defeated Robert Roode & James Storm & Kip James after Matt Morgan interfered. Booker gets upset Morgan got involved and has words with him and Sting.

Note from Mike: If we are understanding the tag title situation correctly, Eric Young just gave up the World Tag Team titles because he wouldn't unmask when there was NO reason for him not to unmask? REALLY?! Wow. That is BEYOND LAME. Why wouldn't Kaz just tear the mask off his partner? Why would wrestling purist Cornette even partake in such shenanigans? You know the conspiracy theorists will be hoping Cornette was shooting on the mic. This doesn't sound good at all.

Got to love TNA making a total 180 on Impact to anything good they do at some of their PPVs.

Angle vs. Joe AGAIN?! I hope Joe doesn't lose the belt so quickly like Rhino did to Jarrett three years ago.

It also looks like Petey Williams is copying Edge with him cashing in a title shot immediately after the champion is beaten down.

No way they would job Joe out right after he won the belt. This isn't like Rhino where they just changed the title to pop the crowd, or with Sting giving him a gold watch title win. Joe winning should be the dawn of a new era in TNA, and you don't just job him right back.

I warned everyone a while back that Eric Young would eventually start getting stale and irritating, and this Super Eric storyline is going to do jump start that. That scenario read like the Midnight Rider vs. Flair in 1982 or something, except then Dusty was banned for 60 days and there was a logical reason as to why he was in a Catch 22 and couldn't unmask. Super Eric just comes across like a fool who won't unmask for whatever reason.

Further proof that this company is run by morons.

*Kaz and Super Eric capture the TNA Tag Team championships, defeated AJ Styles & Tomko and LAX in a Three-Way bout when Eric pinned Styles

*Backstage, AJ Style protested to Jim Cornette that Super Eric and Eric Young are two different people (as they were supposed to defend against Eric Young, NOT Super Eric..anyone else have a Midnight Rider sized headache, yet?). AJ demands Cornette ask Young if he knows Super Eric and if he doesn't, then they deserve the titles back. Cornette agrees just to get them out of the office.

*Jim Cornette, AJ Styles and Tomko come to the ring to resolve the Tag Team championship issue. Kaz and Super Eric come out and Super Eric acts as if he doesn't know who Eric Young is. Jim Cornette strips them of the tag titles, but won't give the belts back to Styles and Tomko. He says he will make an official decision next week.

*TNA X-Division champion Jay Lethal pinned Johnny Devine. Petey Williams attacked Lethal and nailed a tornado DDT onto the title shot briefcase. Williams opened the briefcase and slammed Lethal's head inside it. He announces he is taking his title shot now, nails the Canadian Destroyer and pins Lethal for the belt. New X-Division champion

I dont really mind that Petey won the X division belt (Lethal is getting uber stale and a bit lame as far as his character goes, so having him hold the belt is just giving the title less substance and merit anyway) but WTF on Kaz and SuperEric/Eric Young winning the tag titles. That distinction could have and should have been saved for an actual tag team that deserves it (considering Tomko/Styles have kicked ass as champs for a good while now) and in addition, the eventual tag title switch should have meant much more than this. What a slap in the face to guys like LAX, MCMGs, and even the fuckin Duds (who would be better fit as champs than these two). And then to have the super hokey Cornette thing on top of it, leading to the titles being vacated? Nice way to piss on the tag belts there, guys.

Speaking of the Dudleys, nobody wants to see them feuding, do they? I wonder if they will play up the Christian/Rhino heat more as well, possibly leading to Rhino going heel on Christian.

Rest of the show actually sounds pretty good, though. Booker T going heel is way way WAY cool with me since he's just not clicking in his role right now at all.

So Pete is fresher and will give the belt more worth than Lethal? Lethal just rescued the X division, by beating the Dudley's and Divine by himself. He's one of the most over characters on the show, and is the only character they haven't entirely fucked up yet. Petey is a scrub, who's getting pushed as being one of Steiner’s 'freak'. Why didn't they just pull the trigger on the damn Dutt/Lethal/Val storyline already? They've been building to it for almost 6 months everybody can see Dutts heel turn approaching, however they won't pull the trigger on it. I wouldn't mind Petey pulling an Edge with the suitcase, if it would've happened after at least one Lethal/Dutt match, or hell they could've just as easily used Dutt to help Petey swerve Lethal. If Lethal is getting Stale, it’s because the nimrods booking the show always has him in about 3 fucking storylines at one time.

Whether the booking is making him stale or not, it's irrelevent as it was time to change up who had the title as, that alone, has gotten stale, with him as X champ. I guess you haven't been watching the "dates" vignettes, if you think his character doesn't need a bit of a rehash. In the aftermath here, I'm sure we'll still see Dutt v. Lethal (and maybe during that feud he will get rid of the hokey fuckin lame Macho Man gimmick that he's definately "outgrown") anyway, so why does it have to be for the title when it holds it own ground as a solid feud on its' own?

I think they havent pulled the trigger on Dutt/Lethal yet just because it doesn't need them fighting over the belt, they are already fighting over something (or should I say someone) else. Petey as champ is something I'm looking forward to since he was kept out of the X division spotlight for a good two or three years, it seems, so he's due. He's talented as hell if he's given the chance to shine.

So Pete is fresher and will give the belt more worth than Lethal? Lethal just rescued the X division, by beating the Dudley's and Divine by himself. He's one of the most over characters on the show, and is the only character they haven't entirely fucked up yet. Petey is a scrub, who's getting pushed as being one of Steiner’s 'freak'. Why didn't they just pull the trigger on the damn Dutt/Lethal/Val storyline already? They've been building to it for almost 6 months everybody can see Dutts heel turn approaching, however they won't pull the trigger on it. I wouldn't mind Petey pulling an Edge with the suitcase, if it would've happened after at least one Lethal/Dutt match, or hell they could've just as easily used Dutt to help Petey swerve Lethal. If Lethal is getting Stale, it’s because the nimrods booking the show always has him in about 3 fucking storylines at one time.

TNA most likely isn't going to let the obvious predictable storyline just unfold in front of everyone's eyes. I'm surprised people are bitching about Petey's attack and becoming X divison champion. It's a way to help keep the X Divison nice and fresh still after it's been kinda stale and confusing for quite awhile. There's no reason that the Dutt/Lethal feud can't still happen, if it does indeed happen. However I don't see a problem with Petey becoming champion.

It more sounds like people are bitching about Petey's win because they were hoping the expected would happen between Dutt and Lethal and not the unexpected would happen with Petey's X Title win.

If you guys want another "could be" reason on why Petey won the title. Maybe TNA is going to set something up where Dutt helps Lethal win the X title back (kinda like the spot at Lockdown) and Lethal doesn't give Dutt a title shot and Dutt gets upset and attacks Lethal in jealously as Lethal has the girl and the belt that his best friend helped give him but Lethal is giving Dutt his dues and what have you. Petey could just be a way to add fuel to the fire.

Oh and I don't see the problem wtih Kaz and Super Eric winning the tag titles. I don't see why people are bitching about that either.

They didn't really win it after all though......I think that's what bothers me about it more than anything, that Tomko/Styles were jobbed out to a team that isn't even going to hold it for the entire show, and I'm sure they won't win any tournament/etc TNA has lined up to crown new champs. The SuperEric shit, I'd just like to see kept in the lower to mid card at best as well, and not used against guys like Styles/Tomko, who the company should try to protect better.

Just thought that maybe LAX was thrown in that match to do the job so Tomko or Styles didn't have to? If so, I guess I can understand the logic, at least.

EDIT - Nevermind, Young pinned Styles. Let me reinterate then that having a guy who is, undoubtably, one of your biggest company stars, and supposedly going to be feuding with one of the top stars soon, job out to a complete comedy act, akin to a Eugene, is just plain fucking retarded.

They didn't really win it after all though......I think that's what bothers me about it more than anything, that Tomko/Styles were jobbed out to a team that isn't even going to hold it for the entire show, and I'm sure they won't win any tournament/etc TNA has lined up to crown new champs. The SuperEric shit, I'd just like to see kept in the lower to mid card at best as well, and not used against guys like Styles/Tomko, who the company should try to protect better.

What do you mean by protect? Tomko has been very hot for a long time now and Styles is one of the top names for TNA and has been for years now. So they lost the titles to Kaz and Super Eric, oh well. Your bitching because your a fan of Tomko and Styles and not Kaz and Super Eric. Your just bitching because your a unhappy fan.

What do you mean by protect? Tomko has been very hot for a long time now and Styles is one of the top names for TNA and has been for years now. So they lost the titles to Kaz and Super Eric, oh well. Your bitching because your a fan of Tomko and Styles and not Kaz and Super Eric. Your just bitching because your a unhappy fan.

For the record, I can't stand Tomko, and have always thought Styles was overrated to a degree, so no, its not just because I'm "unhappy". But it's clear that Tomko/Styles was a credible team as champs, were being booked and protected VERY well, and it all seems pointless when they job the belts out to a lower card comedy act. The tag belts were being treated with some sort of prestige, to a degree.

And I just think both Tomko and Styles would be expected to be protected better given whats ahead for them both (Styles/Angle likely, as well as Tomko/Christian or something to that effect).

Hell, I'd even go as far as to say Lethal is better completely not even chasing the belt, or even worrying about it, at this point. Have him feud with Dutt, have him get rid of the goofy Macho Man gimmick, make him into more of a serious character (I really liked the promos he cut out of character recently BTW) and then re-evaulate direction. Suffice to say, I think having him stuck in just the X division is holding him down to a degree. If TNA could create a no-nonsense take no shit babyface character for him, I could see a push beyond just chasing a belt he's already won a few times before.

Yeah...by chasing I really meant just not champion.

If the knockouts can get multiple ppv storylines...I'd like to think that the X guys could too. Although a Petey/Lethal rematch seems obvious and necessary to get out of the way first.

Yeah...by chasing I really meant just not champion.

If the knockouts can get multiple ppv storylines...I'd like to think that the X guys could too. Although a Petey/Lethal rematch seems obvious and necessary to get out of the way first.

I can see a rematch at Sacrifice for sure, with Dutt doing the turn on Lethal to cost him the match.

Yeah, and from that, for some reason I can see Dutt then actually thinking he can "get" Val or something (or "got" her), from Val and Lethal "splitting" or whatever, only for Val to turn him down and Dutt goes CRAAAAZZZY on her. Then comes the revenge feud w/ Dutt and Lethal from that. Seeing Dutt doing a 180 from his current gimmick might be cool.

Definitely. Dutt has a lot more to offer as a character than the one he's playing. I'd love to see him just lose it on Lethal (especially if it's done in a way where you kind of understand why he's doing it). Plus...the matches would be good.

I don't mind Lethal losing the title. I just wish it was someone other than Petey Williams. I can't stand that Canadian bastard. Same thing with Eric Young.

Everyone seems to bitching about the X title and the tage title changes, but they don't bother me. Well the tag one is a bit stupid (it's basically where the Blue Blazer gimmick would have ended up had Owen not died).

But that doesn't bother me.

*Rhino and Christian defeated Team 3D. Rhino accidentally gored Cage but then Devon accidentally clotheslined Ray and Rhino scored the pin. Afterwards, 3D got into it with each other and security separated them.

THAT bothers me. We've just had the outlaws split and fued, do we really need to see Team 3D split and fued now? Do we need to remind ourseleves of the abortion of their last split was?

Am I the only one to remember their terrible singles runs?!

The tag title situation is stupid. Why didn't Eric take off the mask? Why didn't Kaz rip the mask off of Eric? All this is really doing, is providing Kaz with a legit explanation to beat the shit out of Eric and turn heel. Who wouldn't beat the shit out of a partner for just giving up the tag titles, 1 hour after winning them for such a stupid reason?

To be honest though this is Kaz’s own fault, he created Super Eric indirectly, and it caused him his 1st title in the company. Although if it wasn’t for Super Eric, Kaz wouldn’t have never gotten the tag title shot anyway, they could make it work if they tied had enough. But I doubt they would do anything that makes sense, because they are being booked by morons.

I'm going to wait to see where this goes before I pass judgment about the tag title situation. I'm as big a fan of Tomko as anyone on here, but I don't find anything wrong with this as long as the payoff is worth it.

Petey winning the X-Title had me marking out as I read it. As people have said, the feud between Lethal and Dutt doesn't need a title.

THAT bothers me. We've just had the outlaws split and fued, do we really need to see Team 3D split and fued now? Do we need to remind ourseleves of the abortion of their last split was?

*Organ music starts with D-Von going "Oh testifyyy!"*

*Organ music starts with D-Von going "Oh testifyyy!"*

HE CALLED MY NAME!

The tag title situation is stupid. Why didn't Eric take off the mask? Why didn't Kaz rip the mask off of Eric? All this is really doing, is providing Kaz with a legit explanation to beat the shit out of Eric and turn heel. Who wouldn't beat the shit out of a partner for just giving up the tag titles, 1 hour after winning them for such a stupid reason?

A true superhero never reveals his secret identity. Why didn't Super Eric take the mask off? Because he's a superhero!! If he takes his mask off, the world will know his true identity and his life will never be the same.

Why am I the only one who gets this!?

(I've no explanation for Kaz though.)