TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Ongoing Impact spoilers for Thursday

The tag title situation is stupid. Why didn't Eric take off the mask? Why didn't Kaz rip the mask off of Eric? All this is really doing, is providing Kaz with a legit explanation to beat the shit out of Eric and turn heel. Who wouldn't beat the shit out of a partner for just giving up the tag titles, 1 hour after winning them for such a stupid reason?

A true superhero never reveals his secret identity. Why didn't Super Eric take the mask off? Because he's a superhero!! If he takes his mask off, the world will know his true identity and his life will never be the same.

Why am I the only one who gets this!?

No, as a comic book fan, it does make some sort of sense.

There is a difference though. I mean everyone under the sun knows that Super Eric is Eric Young. He has the same name and everything. There's no attempt to make it a mystery. I think what they are going for is the Midnight Rider beating Flair in 1983, with Dusty being suspended at the time of the match. In that case there was a valid reason why the Midnight Rider couldn't unmask, whereas Eric Young comes off like a goof with an identity crisis who screws his tag partner over.

My take on Eric/Super Eric thing is that Super Eric really doesn't know that he is Eric Young. It's like the Black Reign/Dustin Rhodes split personality thing. Eric isn't really himself when he is Super Eric. That's why he doesn't gets scared of the pyro as Super Eric.

There is a difference though. I mean everyone under the sun knows that Super Eric is Eric Young. He has the same name and everything. There's no attempt to make it a mystery. I think what they are going for is the Midnight Rider beating Flair in 1983, with Dusty being suspended at the time of the match. In that case there was a valid reason why the Midnight Rider couldn't unmask, whereas Eric Young comes off like a goof with an identity crisis who screws his tag partner over.

Yeah, but Eric's always been portrayed as a goof, even during the Team Canada days. As far as Super Eric is concerned, nobody knows he's Eric Young.

Look at it this way. Everybody knew The Hurricane was Shane/Gregory Helms. From what I can remember of that period JR used to refer to the fact in the early days of the feud because the point was Helms was an idiot for thinking he's a superhero. But he still protected his identity back then. It's basically the same thing. Just, stupider, in a deliberate sense, because it's Eric Young, loveable oaf.

We can compare this to The Hurricane or Midnight Rider, but this is basically Russo finally getting his Blue Blazer gimmick out there and to give it a finish.

Russo has said himself that he loved the Blue Blazer gimmick because everybody knew that it was Owen Hart but he would flat out deny that he was Owen.