TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Ongoing Impact spoilers for 4/24

But they are having Joe/Angle again, tonight and at the ppv. Steiner is just there to do the job, so Angle or Joe doesn't have to. It's clear that the booking team has no faith in Joe, unless Angle is involved.

Wow...Truthiness gave it 2 weeks before deciding that they had no faith in Joe.

So I suppose he'll be working with Angle every month for his rumored long title run?

Or that long running champions don't get rematches for their titles now?

Wow...Truthiness gave it 2 weeks before deciding that they had no faith in Joe.

So I suppose he'll be working with Angle every month for his rumored long title run?

Or that long running champions don't get rematches for their titles now?

Angle lost his rematch for the title

If Kurt isn't in the title scene, I believe whatever storyline Angle will be invloved in, will be a bigger priority than Joe's title reign. The booking has lead me to believe that, you probably think this to, but you'd probably never admit it if you did. Which is cool, to each their own.

(I have such a fascination with TNA that I may have just written entirely too much on the subject. It's like the puzzle box from Hellraiser. I have to figure it out, despite the promise or torturous damnation. Sorry.)

If I had to guess, they have a major Kurt/Karen angle (no pun intended) planned. I don't know, maybe she'll leave him but then swerve somebody (and, by proxy, swerve us all). Whatever it is, it probably won't change the fact that they'll have more segments devoted to them IN THE BACK WITH JB Jeremy Borash than any other angle.

I am so excited that it's Thursday. I honestly feel weird posting in a TNA thread more than once, but honestly, I can't wait for this show. I've recently got back into watching as much wrestling as I can after nearly quitting entirely. Impact is pretty much can't miss television for me. And that is I the point I wanna make, because I think I'm on the other side of the fence as you, bps.

Sure, Angle deserves his rematch, but I really think one of TNA's bigger problems is their lack of hesitation in running PPV matches on free TV*. I mean, a lot of people are going crazy for the Lockdown match between them (I saw it, I wasn't that impressed, but that's just my opinion). Why not have Angle admit to making a mistake the way he backed Joe into the corner? Say he had no way of surviving a cage match with someone he had screwed around with for a year or however long, but dammit, he's Kurt Angle: Olympic Gold Medalist. He can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime. Of course, the subtlety to the angle is that Kurt wants Joe without the cage to run his usual shenanigans. Sorry for the fantasy booking, but with that match you can capitalize on a hot feud and have Joe destroy the Angle Alliance single-handedly to ultimately prove himself.

Instead we have a not-so-random three way match (these guys actually have a lose history within TNA, right? I think they've all wrestled each other one on one). The problem is, they threw it together by ripping off Money in the Bank and already ran the complete ripoff with Make Believe Muscle Lil' Petey Pump. But I digress, because Feast or Fired is a completely different topic.

Back to my original point: TNA is can't miss television. Why? Well, I don't know how you guys feel, but I still think Booker T vs Robert Roode in a first blood match on the live Impact was one of their stupidest decisions. It honestly felt like the blowoff match (with a gimmick) to a feud used to promote a tag team match (with double the gimmicks) that just happened to include these two guys. God the sentences that explain this company are long. So what I'm saying is, I watch Impact every week. I have, for lack of a better term, a TNA fan. Yet they haven't got a dime from me. Some of my friends and I bought WrestleMania this year for the first time since 2000 because of the build up. But I wouldn't even think twice about ordering a pay-per-view because all of the important stuff happens on free TV. Sting/Angle title change number two, Sting's return one-on-one match (with about an hour of build-up mind you), and now the Angle/Joe rematch. Not to mention, I think they've almost done a legitimate job of pushing Jay Lethal but looking at it, I think both times he's lost the X title were on free TV out of nowhere to advance an angle.

Woohoo, less than three hours away! Damn I get carried away talking about this company.

I don't really mind the tournament they put together for the Tag Titles. I'm a sucker for tournaments though. It's one of my favorite things in wrestling, or in sports for that matter.

I was thinking about it, and I think that what's going to happen is, TNA is doing a Cornette has gone crazy angle, and they will bring in someone else and then start to go in a more serious direction.

I was thinking about it, and I think that what's going to happen is, TNA is doing a Cornette has gone crazy angle, and they will bring in someone else and then start to go in a more serious direction.

Booking-wise? Because the Makeover Battle Royal, Super Eric, Jay Lethal still doing the Black Machismo gimmick, and Stone Cold Shark Boy don't make me think TNA's going in a serious direction yet.