TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Impact (4/17/2008)

TNAwrestling.com has received the following information regarding Thursday's "iMPACT!" from TNA Management Director Jim Cornette:

- We will hear from the NEW TNA World Heavyweight Champion Samoa Joe on the broadcast! Just days after his historic win at Lockdown, Joe will address the TNA nation for the first time as World Champion!

- The question is: Will Kurt Angle be there - and what will he have to say about the loss at Lockdown?

- The broadcast will also feature a match for the TNA X Division Championship as "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal will defend the gold against the superstar he beat in the Xscape Match - Johnny Devine!

- The TNA World Tag Team Championship will be on the line in a three-way match as AJ Styles and Tomko defend against number-one contenders The Latin American Xchange and the winners of Sunday's "Cuffed In The Cage" match, Eric Young and Kaz!

- Plus, the TNA Knockout Women's Championship will be defended as Awesome Kong faces the winner of the "Queen Of The Cage" match in Roxxi Laveaux!

- In addition, the broadcast will feature "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage and "The War Machine" Rhino teaming up again to take on Team 3D!

All this and much more this Thursday night on "iMPACT!", featuring the aftermath of the Lockdown Pay-Per-View event!

Figured I should get this up for those that don't read the spoilers.

I might watch this...I don't know yet.

Fuck, I was really busy today and just now realized Impact was on. What did I miss?

You missed a rip-off of Edge cashing in his MITB......a rip-off of The Hurricane......and a Rip-Off of Randy Savage....oh yeah, and Samoa Joe giving a cheesy ass promo. That about covers it I think.

If Jim knows AJ/Tomko's whole "Super Eric isn't a legal wrestler" complaint is bullshit. Why doesn't he just tell AJ/Tomko to fuck themselves? Isn't this the same guy, who wouldn't over turn a decision for Angle, when it was perfectly clear Angle defeated Christian in the cage match?

but here's where this whole mess with the tag titles, technically "Super Eric" won Cuffed in The Cage not Eric Young, so in all technicality "Super Eric" and Kaz should be the tag champs

I do agree that Cornette should have just thrown them out of his office with that idiotic complaint. But really, Cornette actually did the right thing in terms of appeasing everyone, since his demand that Super Eric simply take his mask off and verify that he's Eric Young is perfectly reasonable. I have to think this will lead to a Kaz/Super Eric feud and we're likely supposed to buy Kaz as doing a heel turn despite anyone in his position wanting to beat the shit out of Eric after the moronic way he cost them the tag belts.

This was actually a pretty fun show though. The usual maddening TNA outing.