TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

So I woke up to an earthquake this morning...

This may be nothing new for our posters out in Cali, but I live in the Midwest (Central Indiana to be exact) and doesn't happen too often.

But shit, the shelf in my room was shaking and the dogs were barking. It was crazy.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/...-morning-e.html

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/04/18/...-Earthquake.php

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I didn't feel it, but I was blasting Isis in my office and dicking around with the inside of a scan gun when it happened.

It woke up the woman who does my job on 1st shift.

that's actually kinda impressive for a quake in an area that doesn't usually get them.

sometimes i swear there's some quake activity here, but really minor in nature. there's not much that can shake buildings like that.

I apparently woke up about 45 minutes after it happened. I didn't even know we had an earthquake until 11:00 AM or so when one of my co-workers said "Hey, how about that earthquake."

that's actually kinda impressive for a quake in an area that doesn't usually get them.

sometimes i swear there's some quake activity here, but really minor in nature. there's not much that can shake buildings like that.

they actually get them every few years, this just happened to be the strongest one recorded.

the New Madrid fault in that area has for years worried people.

It woke me up. I think the whole thing is ironic considering we were just studying earthquakes in science. Also, I live really close to the fault line, so it sucks pretty bad.

KFVS12 Earthquake Center

That's not really irony. Are you a writer for Alanis Morissette?

No