TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Hope you didn't buy it Anya, I checked it out from work yesterday and gave it a go.

Did okay as Deathstroke until I got to Sub Zero who just raped me. Started off with a freeze blast..then just did nothing but freeze moves. The slide..the statue..the one where he beams ice into the sky and it falls on you. Yeah..I'm taking it back today.

Of course Anya bought it. She has way too much money, love of bad fighters, and love of spiting MK to avoid it!

She's been freaking out at how dumb the cutscenes, plot and controls are.

However, she says that Joker is the most entertaining part of the game, and when he hears about Shao Khan, he does the

Captain Kirk "KAAAAAAAAAHN!!!"

Joker has another fun moment too in the story, though not one of his lines.

During the DC side story, eventually all the playables get together to go to Apokalypse. Then this exchange happens.

<Joker>Yay, we're all going to hell!

<Catwoman>And if you're not a good boy, we're leaving you there.

Of course Anya bought it. She has way too much money, love of bad fighters, and love of spiting MK to avoid it!

She's been freaking out at how dumb the cutscenes, plot and controls are.

However, she says that Joker is the most entertaining part of the game, and when he hears about Shao Khan, he does the

Captain Kirk "KAAAAAAAAAHN!!!"

I don't think the game is a bad as she's making out to be, not by a long shot.

I like the fact the multiple fighting styles were ditched and it plays more like an old MK game with the ADD riddled AI, which it and the lack of unlockable stuff is the only things I have against the game. The storyline, however stupid you may think, works for the game, which is all that matters. What, did she honestly think it'd have a good storyline? Mortal Kombat has almost always had this kind of goofy storyline to start with, so I don't see the problem with the story for DC vs MK.

I like it, but I also liked MK DA and Deception (and I thought Armageddon was very mediocre). The only problem I have with it is the toned down gore and the absence of unlockable hidden content like alternate costumes, which was a strong point of the previous gen's MK games.

I like it, but I also liked MK DA and Deception (and I thought Armageddon was very mediocre). The only problem I have with it is the toned down gore and the absence of unlockable hidden content like alternate costumes, which was a strong point of the previous gen's MK games.

I think they're saving things like that (the hidden content, not the gore) for downloadable content.

Hopefully one thing they'll make for downloadable are fatalities for Shao Kahn and Darkseid.

So after renting this and liking it a lot I decided to buy it.. but what's this? Why is this game more expensive than usual? The usual cost for a new game up here is $59.99. I've not seen this game (it's not even the Kollector's Edition, mind you) lower than $64.99.

So after renting this and liking it a lot I decided to buy it.. but what's this? Why is this game more expensive than usual? The usual cost for a new game up here is $59.99. I've not seen this game (it's not even the Kollector's Edition, mind you) lower than $64.99.

Then your places are ripping you off...

I've seen some store charge anywhere from the usual $59.99 for most new games, but MK vs. DCU, Fallout 3, and the new Call of Duty all get slapped with the $64.99 price tag. Don't really know what the deal with that is.

Then your places are ripping you off...

It's wierd.. these are all big chains too.. Best Buy, HMV, Futureshop, all of them have $64.99 for the regular edition.

So here's the thing: I don't normally buy fighters but the lady wanted a game to just fight that is easy to learn. I figured this was a safe bet and got it for Christmas for here. Blockbuster here is being a bitch about an old bill claiming I have to pay it cause it is from the address I am at (don't get me started on them, they are pricks) so rental was out of the question. She likes MK original and I've always wanted to kill Superman. So that brings me to my questions

1) IS the game easy to learn or is the learning curve going to piss her off?

2) I paid 40 bucks for it, did I get screwed or would you say good deal?

3) Is it a good two player experience? I don't give a rats ass about online right now since I don't have wireless.

1) IS the game easy to learn or is the learning curve going to piss her off?

Both. It's a relatively simple fighter, but the controls aren't nearly as good as a Tekken or VF. If you're not looking to pull off complex combos, the controls are serviceable.

2) I paid 40 bucks for it, did I get screwed or would you say good deal?

Cheapest I've ever seen it.

3) Is it a good two player experience? I don't give a rats ass about online right now since I don't have wireless.

I'd say so, but I enjoy playing nearly any fighter vs. friends. I'd say play on stages without free-fall combat, because those are screwy. However, RAGE is totally broke, and I hate it.

Rage? What is RAGE?

And the 40 was a Black Friday Deal on Amazon. I rarely if ever buy games from stores anymore, except maybe K-Mart for that selection of reduced priced games.

I take back what I said earlier. I love this game. I'm not kidding. I play it every day, I'm like seriously really into high level MKDC.

Just got around to playing this. Despite not doing to well with the controls and getting a little frustrated in some match-ups, I'm enjoying it. Probably solely because I am playing as comic characters that aren't likely to get a solo game. The one thing I do have to say is I had pre-ordered the collector's edition way back before even all details were announced and I don't really like the packaging. There is some cool stuff inside but the packaging just feels rather cheap to me, which it didn't seem that way on the outside.