TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BulletWithANameOnIt

TheSmartMarks "Do" WWE

Okay, so here's the thing- like many wrestling fans in the world right now, I am annoyed by WWE. It's lack lustre story lines, it's boring competitors (except a few, of course), it's shoddy put together matches, they consolodate to the fact of my annoyance. Being a fan of the company for around about eight years, I am starting to get bored by it (last week, the only reason I tuned in to Raw to watch was Mickie James' divas match- and that's saying something) and am beginning to drift off into the world of the indies.

I'm sure many of you share the same opinion, and want to change WWE for good. Well unless you have a trizillion dollars and can dethrone Vince McMahon, that ain't gonna happen. But we can all dream, right? So, without further ado, I present to you...

THE SMARTMARKS "DO" WWE!

I am planning this to be essentially a fanfic, but it will be more than that. Basically, here at SmartMarks, we all are the bookers to a new 'interactive' era of WWE, where there is only one show, that being Raw due to low ratings of both SmackDown! and ECW. The talent has had a clear out, and Vince has decided to listen to us fans and allow us to be the dominant choice in WWE's future (okay, couldn't think up a better backstory..) Every member has an input in the storylines, matches, feuds, roster, titles- near enough everything that can be done without giving away too much (i.e. match winners before the results come out). There will be questions appearing every week asking members from the simple questions (i.e. who should the fanfic push?) to the ones that will take a lot of thought (i.e. who should be on the roster?)

This is only a plan, and I would need many people to help me out with this- mainly to help write up results and to also stand patience with this if it goes ahead.

So, that brings me to my first question, would you be willing for this to go ahead within this topic? Even more, would you wish to be a part of it?

Feel free to discuss, rate/hates are welcome of course

I like fantasy booking and all but..

The WWE is doing great right now, there's really no need for this. What do you want, 1999 WWE? I'll take 2008 anyday. Storyline coherence, the most creative match finishes they've done in a while(Shoddily put together matches? of all the things you could've criticized them for? thats been a strong point) not a bunch of BS heel/face turns or Shock TV crap. Their marketing is as good as its been as well, and as a fan of good business, that makes me happy.

You've been a fan 8 years, so you were brought up on shock TV stuff. Watch the garbage TNA puts on TV every week for that.

I wouldn't say the WWE is doing great, but it's definitely been on an uphill climb since this time last year. I guess I'm just a little disappointed with what we get each week, seeing how much potential goes to waste. The WWE really has some great talent but they certainly could do better with what they've got. Atleast the women's and tag team divisions are starting to mean something again.

I like fantasy booking and all but..

The WWE is doing great right now, there's really no need for this. What do you want, 1999 WWE? I'll take 2008 anyday. Storyline coherence, the most creative match finishes they've done in a while(Shoddily put together matches? of all the things you could've criticized them for? thats been a strong point) not a bunch of BS heel/face turns or Shock TV crap. Their marketing is as good as its been as well, and as a fan of good business, that makes me happy.

You've been a fan 8 years, so you were brought up on shock TV stuff. Watch the garbage TNA puts on TV every week for that.

I'm not saying all of their matches are shoddy, it's just the typical few, example:-

Shoddily put together match= Great Khali vs. Hornswoggle, Elijah Burke vs. Festus and losing.

Oh, and how can I forget last night, Barack Obama vs. Hilary Clinton? I know the US want to boost presidential elections, but this is WRESTLING. I'd rather watch a real wrestling match than having to endure that- luckily for me Umaga came out and killed them both :headbang:

Thanks for saying you'd be in to the people that did =]