TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Firestarter

Thank you, Czech

Marney is welcome back here, but if she doesn't want to come back, I can't blame her.

I accept. No hard feelings towards you.

However.

I'd like my warning removed and split evenly between VX and 909. Here's my reasoning.

VX said:

I'm giving Marney a warning since she seems to have an issue distinguishing between aggressively debating and blatant trolling for a response, even though I understand it seems like the message-board equivalent to a slap on the wrist. Although it'll serve her and the other posters here well to know that that kind of behavior, even in the Current Events folder (and I'm letting all the "you ignorant twit"s and likewise cute "snarky" lines go) is not conducive to discussion and won't be tolerated.

This is simply false. As I stated in the thread in question, my initial offhanded insult of Annie was not intended to elicit a response. It was, as I said, a "throwaway snark." 909 himself had told me that it was no secret and Annie himself had referred to it in dozens of posts.

Subsequently, every single post I made in that thread was solely in reaction to other people's criticisms of me. What other posters "reported" to the mods were reactive posts. Trolling, by definition, is proactive.

Conclusion: VX abused his mod powers. If you won't de-mod him, you should at least warn him.

Next, 909 said:

If you ask to get banned, you will get banned. No matter what folder you do it in. There shouldn't be any complaints over that one.

Again, false. I didn't ask to be banned. I said that if VX really felt I was trolling (a bannable offense) then he should have the balls to ban me. That is a question that goes directly to VX's judgement. It is not a request of any kind.

RE: that, if anyone wants to make fun of someone's sexuality and the like, I'm going to warn them.

This is nonsense. I've been called a "dyke" and a "cunt" numerous times even after you and your friends took over the board. No one has ever been warned for it. And there's a case to be made that a person's gender is even more basic a characteristic than her sexuality; therefore, if referring to someone's sexuality in contemptuous terms is considered offensive, misogynistic remarks must be considered even more offensive. See what you're getting into?

Anyway, I wouldn't want anyone to be punished for insulting me on any grounds, but that's a separate discussion. The point is that 909 has not followed this policy in the past. This policy was only followed with regard to me. It has always been ignored whenever anyone insulted me. Or Leena.

This is called hypocrisy.

Final point. 909 said:

Sorry, I'm backing VX. You test us, you ask, we comply. We aren't going to have people run all over our mods, sorry.

I "tested" no one and I asked no one to ban me. I simply asked VX to follow the rules as he understand them. It is obvious that his understanding is lacking.

Furthermore, if my reinstatement is upheld, please be aware that I shall continue to "run all over" any goddamn person I feel like running over. That includes any fucking mod who acts like a retard or is just plain wrong.

Mods are entitled to no more respect than posters. You are, essentially, janitors. You're here to serve. Nothing more and nothing less. Your opinion means no more than mine.

At the Pit we understand this and no one gets bent out of shape over petty squabbles. Here, you always have. From HTQ's "I AM GOD!" schtick to VX's latest spitefulness to 909's attempt to justify it, this board has always had that problem. Hell, even Dames lost his cool once in a while, as did Jingus, though they never (to my knowledge) actually did anything wrong.

You want to "comply" with something, 909? Warn yourself.

Guest blame that goot.
Mods are entitled to no more respect than posters. You are, essentially, janitors. You're here to serve. Nothing more and nothing less. Your opinion means no more than mine.

This is true.