TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

The NBA Offseason Thread

Phoenix signs Louis Amundson to a one-year deal...D-League Rookie of the Year. I'm fascinated to see exactly how this year is going to turn out. The season opener is against the Spurs, so it looks designed to make people give the Suns no chance this year. Conversely, I will laugh hysterically if the Knicks suddenly turn themselves around. Steve Kerr can suck my balls.

Good move for Giricek, he was going nowhere fast. I still have no idea how he wound up with the Suns. As far as I can tell, Phoenix played the Sixers, and he just kind of stayed behind and started playing for Phoenix.

And ESPN is reporting that the Suns are buying out the contract of Dragic from Europe. They're putting down $500,000 and he's putting down a million of his own money to play for Phoenix this year. Reportedly, he's going to sign a four-year deal worth the value of a high first round pick, despite going 45th in the second round.

Again, fuck Steve Kerr.

Damn, why are the Hornets trying to look like the Nuggets? And the multi-colored pinstripes? Woof.

At least the fleur-de-lis/hornet thing is kinda neat.

I thought the other jerseys were pretty nice... I dunno why they changed them. These ones look kinda like the old Charlotte Hornets jerseys.

Guest WhackingCockDick

Those Hornets jerseys are fucking awful. Pinstripes only work in baseball. I love the typeface they're using, though. It's the same one the Pittsburgh Pirates use, more or less. Go with that on green/yellow/purple with some wrought-iron kind of motif and there's your New Orleans Hornets package, not this pinstripe shit. Oh, and the fleur-de-lis logo is a very good one. I think that'll be the backdoor new logo, since teams aren't allowed to change primaries anymore without being fined. They can only recolor or subtly tweak them (cases in point: Nuggets, Jazz, Hawks, Hornets)

Boston Globe reporting that the Celtics have signed Darius Miles. I don't know how much you can expect a player to contribute after missing two years with a knee injury. Oh, and he has a ten game PED suspension to serve at the start of the season.

This is bad news if you're a Trailblazers fan. If Miles appears in 10 games this season he goes back on to the team's salary cap. That could take them out of the running for a big free agent acquisition down the road.

Those Hornets jerseys are fucking awful. Pinstripes only work in baseball. I love the typeface they're using, though. It's the same one the Pittsburgh Pirates use, more or less. Go with that on green/yellow/purple with some wrought-iron kind of motif and there's your New Orleans Hornets package, not this pinstripe shit. Oh, and the fleur-de-lis logo is a very good one. I think that'll be the backdoor new logo, since teams aren't allowed to change primaries anymore without being fined. They can only recolor or subtly tweak them (cases in point: Nuggets, Jazz, Hawks, Hornets)

Personally, I always liked the Bulls' black pinstripe jerseys from the last 3-peat. Those were infinitely better than the dull black "CHICAGO" unis currently in use.

Guest WhackingCockDick

No, those looked terrible, and I'm not crazy about the new black ones, either. The Bulls don't need more than two uniforms when the normal two are so perfect. This goes for the Blackhawks, too, who have also worn superfluous black.

Are you kidding? The black/red pinstripe Bulls jersey was one of the best jerseys ever. I'm not fussed with the Hornets pinstripe, but I liked last year's model better.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Czech doesn't like any uniform ever worn by any sports franchise ever. Fact.

Guest WhackingCockDick

Untrue. I just don't like most thirds, or teams that add black. Actually, I think most new NBA uniforms are downgrades from previous iterations. You're probably right. I probably do hate everything. I didn't think there was so much love for the red pinstripes. Maybe it's just fond memories of the 72-win season.

deng_071211.jpg

I don't get it. They're not as bad as most of the stinkers in the NBA, but there are 82 games, and that means fewer chances to see

bulls_crawford_white.jpg and jordan_bulls_red.jpg,

which are superior.

Guest Vitamin X

Of those three, I hate the white jersey the most. Bo-ring! The red is the coolest by far, then the black with the red pinstripes.

Before the draft I mentioned that Miami would be in the mix for the 8th seed in the East if Wade wasn't in playing shape and they managed to keep Marion. Now that they've added Beasley, retained Marion and Wade seems to be back to the Finals MVP version of himself, they'll be competing for homecourt in the East. It's starting to remind me of that one year where the Spurs tanked, got Duncan and then became a perennial powerhouse.

Guest WhackingCockDick

The Magic are bringing back their pinstripes, too, which in their case is an upgrade because they're a product of modern expansion playing in a theme park city, and as such are expected to look gaudy and ridiculous, which they no longer do. We must be in a '90s fashion renaissance. Where'd I put my Zubaz pants?

Before the draft I mentioned that Miami would be in the mix for the 8th seed in the East if Wade wasn't in playing shape and they managed to keep Marion. Now that they've added Beasley, retained Marion and Wade seems to be back to the Finals MVP version of himself, they'll be competing for homecourt in the East. It's starting to remind me of that one year where the Spurs tanked, got Duncan and then became a perennial powerhouse.

Wade's championship form is flopping to the ground while travelling and getting a foul call.

The Magic are bringing back their pinstripes, too, which in their case is an upgrade because they're a product of modern expansion playing in a theme park city, and as such are expected to look gaudy and ridiculous, which they no longer do. We must be in a '90s fashion renaissance. Where'd I put my Zubaz pants?

I'm wearing my jeans backwards, where's Kriss-Kross to make me Jump Jump?

Wade's championship form is flopping to the ground while travelling and getting a foul call.

I know a Celtics fan is not calling someone else out on flopping their way to a title.