49 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better for business?

• Chris Jericho
    • CM Punk

chrisjericho.jpg

Height: 6 foot

Weight: 231 pounds

Signature Move: The Codebreaker; The Walls of Jericho; Lionsault

Career Highlights: WWE Championship; WCW Championship; Intercontinental Championship; European Championship; Hardcore Championship; World Tag Team Championship; ECW TV Championship; WCW TV Championship; WCW Cruiserweight Championship

cm-punk-interview-20061201101617463-000.jpg

Height: 6 foot 1

Weight: 222 pounds

Signature Move: G.T.S. (Go to Sleep); Anaconda Vise

Career Highlights: ECW Champion

Each week I will pair up a RAW superstar against a SD (including ECW) superstar. Who do you think is the better overall wrestler for the WWE to have under contract? This includes workrate, promo skills, marketability, charisma, past work, and future potential.

Of course, last but not least - please do not just vote, but discuss your answer!

Raw 1 Smackdown 1

-Brian Kendrick defeated Chavo Guerrero with 61% of the vote.

-The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels with 58% of the vote.

CM Punk will be better for WWE for a long time as an anti-drug figure.

Though it's pretty double edged now as I see it; it would be pretty bad p.r. to have a guy everyone was supposed to boo because he's the only one that doesn't do drugs. At least Jericho can still turn whenever he needs to.

All that considered, I don't think Jericho will ever be a really big star a-gain and Punk has nowhere to go but up, so I chose Punk.

Punk would be better if he had a better moveset and was a heel. However, he's still better than Scripted jericho. The whole "Straight Edge" angle works for him and will be better in the long run.

If I had to choose between Punk and Jericho, I pick John Morrison

Seriously though, both of them are dreadfully inconsistent and at times completely sloppy. Jericho has shitty punches, Punk has shitty kicks. Jericho has bad timing, Punk has bad timing. Jericho is ok on the mic, Punk isn’t allowed to talk. Both are over with the crowd enough to justify them being on my TV screen, and both at times can be tremendous in the ring, when paired with the right opponents. I liked them both more before they came to WWE, which is just as much their fault as it is the bookers. I see tons of potential in Punk, and I see a guy who never lived up to his potential in Jericho. I guess if I had to choose, I’d go with Punk, his straight edge character is good for the company, they seem to be giving him a big push, and they have built a whole new division and they’re making him the poster boy for it. On a personal note, I really don’t care for either, unless they’re in the ring with somebody who makes me care about them.

Did you even watch the KOTR final with Regal? Shitty kicks? Gotta disagree there.

Who do you LIKE again? I seem to never be able to figure that out.

I'll go Jericho. For the present time. He's the one I care about most right now. the Backlash match is a big indicator of whether or not he will get a serious run here. He's drawn quite a hard line between the upper and mid card guys with his wins over Punk, Hardy, and MVP, but was a Big Show squash and looks to be getting buried between HBK and Batista. Not to mention he WON his title match with Orton and passed off a rematch as if it meant nothing, even though the whole REASON he came back was apparently to end Orton's reign. I'm really digging both guy's ring work as of late, and I'd just like things to at least not get any worse for either.

Did you even watch the KOTR final with Regal? Shitty kicks? Gotta disagree there.

Who do you LIKE again? I seem to never be able to figure that out.

I'll go Jericho. For the present time. He's the one I care about most right now. the Backlash match is a big indicator of whether or not he will get a serious run here. He's drawn quite a hard line between the upper and mid card guys with his wins over Punk, Hardy, and MVP, but was a Big Show squash and looks to be getting buried between HBK and Batista. Not to mention he WON his title match with Orton and passed off a rematch as if it meant nothing, even though the whole REASON he came back was apparently to end Orton's reign. I'm really digging both guy's ring work as of late, and I'd just like things to at least not get any worse for either.

Yeah I watched it, and maybe if Punk can wrestle Regal 5 minutes a week, the kicks would be as groovy too me as they seem to be to you. I remember watching Richards and Punk have them awesome 5 minute matches on ECW last summer, and thinking that Richards pulled off a kick based offense way better than Punk, so does MVP for that matter. Porter or Stevie don't even look like they're are trying hard to get it right either, Punk (the guy with a Muay Thai gimmick, mind you) seems sloppy a lot of times with his kicks. He's a exceptional seller, and hardly ever messes up that running knee/Bulldog/Clothesline spot. But as far as his kicks and the GTS go, they're sometimes painful to watch.

I went with Jericho. I think if they gave him the ball, he really could break through and become more popular than he ever has. I really think that he could be on the same level as Cena. But that's IF they give him the ball, which they probably won't.

CM Punk, I don't know... For some reason I can't see him staying with the WWE forever.

Truthiness, I got you. I haven't seen em look as bad as you have, I guess, but I'll keep it in mind. I think I'm just more of a mark for kicks (especially high kicks) used in the 1st place that I'm biased. :cheers:

Easy choice - Jericho

Besides the fact I'm bored with the IWC 'he's getting buried' whining in relation to Punk, I just Jericho is much better on the mic and a cut above as an all around performer.

Punk may get there, but it's too early to tell. Jericho already has a list of accomplishments almost anybody would be proud of.

Jericho as heel world champion would make me happy ... I know I'm indulging in fantasy booking gayness but a mini-stable with Jericho, Miz and Morrison doing a sort of arrogant rock star gimmick would be cool.

Punk's straight edge deal seems funny given all the tats and piercings ... first thing I think of when I see him is that he hits the crack pipe.

Punk is a better worker(neither are great) but Jericho oozes charisma and is a fabulous heel on the mic. When he wants to be serious he can pull that off, contrary to popular opinion. His segments with Batista and HBK were great last week. But, please, grow the hair back.

Truthiness, I got you. I haven't seen em look as bad as you have, I guess, but I'll keep it in mind. I think I'm just more of a mark for kicks (especially high kicks) used in the 1st place that I'm biased. :cheers:

The roundhouses on Regal on Raw were fine. But as someone who uses kicks as much as Punk does and is put over as having such 'educated feet', some of his kicks do tend to look pretty weak. I agree with Truthiness, it's just sloppiness. Overall too. Punk is just a little too inconsistent.

Plus, the Japanese move thing? I understand the kicks, but on Raw he used Kobashi's bend backwards chop to the chest move on Matt Hardy. Punk's KENTA impression is better than his Kenta Kobashi impression. And this is coming from someone who's followed Punk for about 7 years before anyone jumps to shout me down for not liking him. Because I do.

Jericho's my choice though.

I went with Jericho. I think Jericho in the long run is the one who would benefit the WWE more. If you read Jericho's book, working for the WWE was his big dream so to see Jericho ditch the WWE for another promotion like TNA would realy surprise me, plus I think currently Jericho just out works and out talks CM Punk on every level. That and like someone said earlier I could see Punk leave the WWE on a very quick whim without ever looking back.