TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

2008 Stanley Cup playoffs - round deux

Ah, I see now. The Ducks weren't that bad, the Stars are just that good. What the Sharks are doing isn't choking because this is what they always do: lose to better teams. At least their bandwagon will end.

I know there's still plenty of series left (and I really shouldn't talk this way with so much time left), but people in the media that were picking Colorado (i.e. Mike Milbury and Darren Pang) are looking like fucking idiots. The Avs would be insane to start Theodore in game three.

I thought Colorado's offense would show up, but injuries is killing them.

And, really, who could have predicted that Peter Forsberg would have to battle an injury.

I can ban you.

Which begs the question: Why haven't you?

On topic: What the hell happened with the Sharks last night? It was 2-1 when I switched away from the game at the end of the second, and they were playing good hockey. I turn back after the game and the post-game shows 5-2. How could they choke that away? I'm not too worried about Dallas (Mostly because Detroit just has Turco's number, and I honestly think the Wings are a much better team overall), but San Jose shouldn't have lost that game. I can't believe they gave that one up. Now it's going to be a 5-game series, 6 if they are lucky.

I can ban you.

Which begs the question: Why haven't you?

On topic: What the hell happened with the Sharks last night? It was 2-1 when I switched away from the game at the end of the second, and they were playing good hockey. I turn back after the game and the post-game shows 5-2. How could they choke that away? I'm not too worried about Dallas (Mostly because Detroit just has Turco's number, and I honestly think the Wings are a much better team overall), but San Jose shouldn't have lost that game. I can't believe they gave that one up. Now it's going to be a 5-game series, 6 if they are lucky.

Rivet? I believe fell in his own zone and turn the puck over which led Richards to snipe a nice wrister to tie the game at two. After that goal, San Jose fell apart.

Regardless of how or why, the resurgence of the Stars so far has been quite a story.

Two beauty gloves by Biron so far, and the Habs just hit the post. Something familiar about this.....

Since I no longer like hockey, I'm going to point out how awesome the Molson commercials are. "You'll like Canadian if you ever took a road trip in a car that had no business on a road trip, if you turned down a booty call during the playoffs, if you think hockey tape will fix anything."

Anyone seen 'em? There's two - I think I've done everything on both lists.

Props to the Flyers. There was absolutely no reason for the Habs to leave without a win tonight. Even with Price's shaky goaltending, they still controlled most of the game and had PLENTY of PP chances. I'm not complaining about their special teams per se, but the 2/6 stat hardly tells the whole story.

Bobby Clarke must have said something on how you can bully the opposition.

Unfortunatley, brute does not always beat skill.

I would have voted for Lidstrom over Malkin as well.

Anyone else think Ovechkin will end up with more Hart Trophies than Crosby when it's all said and done? Assuming Crosby's team stays the way it is for the foreseeable future, I think Ovechkin will get more credit for succeeding while being surrounded by far less talent.

Anyone else think Ovechkin will end up with more Hart Trophies than Crosby when it's all said and done? Assuming Crosby's team stays the way it is for the foreseeable future, I think Ovechkin will get more credit for succeeding while being surrounded by far less talent.

Tough to say - if things pan out like this year, then certainly yes. If Mike Green, Nicklas Backstrom, and Alexander Semin are for real, and with a few healthy seasons of Huet, I think the potential is there for Ovechkin to lose his 'big fish in a small pond' status. The Caps certainly look like a very complete team at this point, despite my prediction on March 15 of them not getting anywhere near the playoffs.

Malkin was useful for the relatively short stretch that Crosby was out. Frankly, Conklin was a bigger factor in holding the Pens together with his solid play during the playoff hunt. Lidstrom should have gotten the nod.

Ovechkin will win, obviously. He'll take more Harts than Crosby, but I don't see either of them completely dominating the Hart Trophy in the future. Both have fairly solid teams coming up, which should make their success less of a question than it was this year.

Always got to have a comment when the Flyers win. There is always some sort of excuse, right? Howard Eskin is right, Flyers fans are the most sensitive out of any Philly fans, but doesn't compare to those Montreal fans.

What the heck is up with the Rangers? I feel like that series should be at least 2-1, maybe 1-2. I don't know if Fleury is stealing these games, the Rangers are just choking, bad luck, or some combination thereof. Not to say the Pens are a bad team, but they definitely shouldn't be in a position to sweep judging from the way they are playing.

The first game showed how vunerable the Rangers defence is. The second game showed how the offense is invisible at times. Today the PK let them down.

Dallas won 2-1 in OT, and looking to sweep San Jose, which follies almost everyones pick to win or get to the Stanley Cup.

Joe who? I think the only Joe on the ice is Povlaski.

Side news, Steve Ott signed a two year extension with the Stars for 2.85 mil a season.

What the hell, Colorado? You take your goalie out and that's the time you decide to take off? God, I guess neither team wanted to just win the game tonight, but Detroit definitely played good enough not to lose.

Three potential sweeps out of four total series. I hope to God Barry Melrose breaks down and cries if he has to give a pick for "Dallas vs. Detroit".

Oh fuck you, Barry. The Ducks were the best team in the NHL? The first round proved that wrong, along with the fact that they weren't scoring nearly enough to sustain a decent playoff run, even if they had the best defense out there. God, I swear I want to fucking punch Melrose. The Wings are getting credit? Yeah, sure. Is that why you've picked against them in the last two rounds? Or how you continually diminish Osgood's excellent performance in the net?

Man, ESPN pisses me off sometimes.

Anyone see the Polish League highlight on Sportscentre. A goalie scored into an empty net....by skating up the ice and hammering home a one-timer!

And it turns out that's against IIHF rules - so the empty-net team got a penalty shot as compensation. No matter, "Hextall" stopped it.

poor sean avery. he was going to be out of the playoffs soon, anyway. i wonder if he'll recover in time to work as an intern at vogue.

i wonder if he'll be back next year. see chris simms.