TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AnnieEclectic

PROMO: A preview

swfhellfreezesover.jpg

Big Voice: Competition. It's what drives us.

*Cue dramatic movie music*

Various highlights play of Annie Eclectic and Taiga Star's match from SWF Downward Spiral. Getting stuck in the barbed wire... brainbusters into toilets... chairshots... broken tables... jumps from trucks.

Big Voice: The competition between two women will drive them to the brink...

Shots are shown from after the match. Taiga limping, holding her head, being assisted to the back by referee Izzy Slapowitch. Annie being examined by trainers but being pushed away. As Annie attempts to stand, she collapses on rubbery legs. She reluctantly allows the trainers to bring her to the back.

Big Voice: ...The brink, of insanity.

*Faster, even more dramatic music cued here, along with fast paced, quick clips of the match.*

The camera follows the Onita sisters backstage after Annie's brutal match with Taiga. Eclectic gets bumped in the back accidentally by the cameraman. Still dazed, Annie wheels around to attack, only to realize what happened. She nearly collapses again but her sister catches her, bringing her up to the camera to speak.

“We... are doing this...” starts Annie in between ragged breaths, “...again! Don't even... BEGIN! ... to think that we're done.”

She wheezes and clutches her chest, her lungs still craving oxygen that she can't seem to get enough of.

“Next time, Baby Bitch... next time I'll make sure that you don't get lucky...”

She stops again, Allison helps her straighten up and decides to finish for her fallen sister.

“WE will make sure that you don't get lucky again,” says Onita, “The Onita Institute has many private funders wanting to make sure that our training is nothing but the best. We have promised unequivocal perfection, yet I must admit I didn't take your 'style' seriously. I believe we still have the best training money and science can invent. You may have won tonight, but only through what can only be called garbage wrestling! A deathmatch ****!”

Allison pauses, her rising anger catching her unaware. She takes a breath so that she can resume her calm demeanor.

“Your deathmatch 'style' simply allowed you to fluke into a win. Don't begin to think that you have any claim to be the best Hardcore wrestler, because you would be falsely advertising that you can wrestle to begin with!”

Eclectic taps the crown on her gear before meekly raising a crown to the camera.

“I will be on top of this company, and you WILL be the first to fall in my path! No promise. No threat. Just a Decree.”

~

Taiga is standing backstage, washing her face off in a water fountain. Closeup shots are taken of the nasty gash on her forehead, of the tiny pinholes in her head from the tacks, the rips and shreds of her shirt, and the cuts underneath. Standing and turning to the camera, Taiga smiles. And laughs. Loudly and heartily she laughs.

“Ha ha, Annie... Ha ha!” She walks off down the hall, still laughing maniacally, occasionally weaving to the side.

~

*Cue Rocky's training music.*

At the Onita Institute. Annie is on a treadmill, sweating as she runs at full speed. Attached to her are electrodes, linked to a machine that is printing out the readings, which Alison studies raptly with her glasses on.

Taiga is in an abandoned warehouse, light seeping through the broken windows. She is doing push-ups off the floor, the filth being covered by a tattered and worn blanket. On her face is a look of determination.

Annie is working on a complicated weight machine, pulling the bar down over her head and breathing precisely. Alison is right by her side, keeping count of the repetitions.

Taiga is throwing concrete blocks and large rocks, aiming for an already broken window. She misses more often than not, but that is not the point. She picks up two cinder blocks and uses them as free weights.

Annie is served a drink from her sister, carefully measured out and mixed portions of special proteins, electrolytes, and a secret formula that makes it pink, but blue at the same time. Putting the glass down, Annie licks her lips and shudders at the flavour.

Taiga lifts a gallon container to her lips, drinking deep of the tap water contained within. Then she works with a punching bag, made up of a large stuffed army surplus duffel. As kicks and hits the bag, she hears something. She looks up, cocks her head to the side, and rolls out of the way just in time for the bag to fall, bringing with it a chuck of ceiling and a support beam.

“Damn,” Taiga says, catching her breath, “I've got to find a new place.”

Big Voice: This Tuesday, Live at the Halifax Metro Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, two women will do battle once again, for hardcore supremacy. Hell. Freezes. Over.

I love the contrasts here. Protein shake vs. tap water jug...BRILLIANT!

Sign in to follow this