TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 4/28 - 5/4

Which is August 25. By then rosters should be expanded so they should probably have more players to keep the game going longer if need be. The Os only had 1 Eider Torres on the bench and like 2 pitchers in the bullpen that could pitch. I just wonder what would have happened if the Os and White Sox didnt play each other again..surely they wouldnt take an off day and have the Os come into Chicago to play 1 inning?

Roster expansion is September 1, that's hardly an obscure fact.

If there was no scheduled game, the game would need to be replayed in its entirety, unless it were not necessary to determine a playoff entrant.

Expanded rosters was probably the wrong word..more like..different for the Orioles since they'll probably trade off a bunch of the players (Roberts/Payton etc) that were in the game so the roster would be expanded for the Os since the new guys could finish up the game.

85% of the world is working. The other 15 come out here.

I honestly had never heard this before and it's fucking hilarious.

I caught it on SportsCenter earlier tonight and was shocked I'd never heard that before since it's a classic.

Also how many more starts can Phil Hughes get when he's gone a whopping 16 innings in his last FIVE starts?

I just read that the HOF is finally putting up a new plaque for Jackie Robinson which mentions that he broke the color barrier in baseball. You would have thought that would have already been on the plaque which has only been in the Hall of Fame for 46 years.

I just read that the HOF is finally putting up a new plaque for Jackie Robinson which mentions that he broke the color barrier in baseball. You would have thought that would have already been on the plaque which has only been in the Hall of Fame for 46 years.

Really!

4 straight complete games for Halladay now, the last 3 losses.

Just got back from that game. How pissed off must that guy be? Can't catch a break.

Max Scherzer don't suck! He's making his ML debut for the D-Backs tonite. He came in in the third and has retired 10 straight through the end of the 6th with 6 Ks.

I accidentally closed this as I went to post in here...but I just wanted to say that Andruw Jones sucks.

4 straight complete games for Halladay now, the last 3 losses.

I don't have any idea how to even begin looking for an answer, but I've been wondering how long it has been since someone had 3 CG losses in the same season. Doing it in the same month is beyond ridiculous in today's game.

This is beyond frustrating. Doc is going to start randomly punching his teammates in the face soon.

I think the reason he has so many complete games is because Gibbons is terrified to go to the mound and take him out. He's no Ted Lilly up there.

This Mets game is ugly already. The infield has had two mental errors in this inning, Perez has just been yanked after allowing 5 runs on 5 walks and just 2 hits in 1.2 IP. Figueroa's gonna have to pitch at least 5 innings in relief because the bullpen is baked after last night.

itsoverog4.jpg

Sorry, time to pack it in Cubs.

Nah, he'll just break his leg sometime this month. I'm not exactly sure how he can end it anyway since I'm pretty sure he can't be the entire offense in the playoffs. That pesky little thing that didn't bother to show up.

Make that seven runs on three hits. Perez is just incapable of pitching when things don't go exactly his way.

Guest I swallowed a Q-Tip.

If you believe in a Sports Illustrated cover jinx, there's a good chance you're retarded.

Once again, Perez shows his inconsistency. He either has excellent outings or ridiculously bad ones. There is no middle ground with him.

The Mets have given up 13 runs, 4 earned. That second inning was ridiculous. Castillo had a shot at turning 2 with 1 out and the bases loaded, but just dropped the ball, leading to 7 runs eventually scoring when they could've escaped with 0.

Two quick comments about the All-Star balloting.

-I really wish they would designate a center fielder, instead of just voting three outfielders. There's a clear difference in the ability needed at all three positions.

-There's no reason not to let fans designate a starting pitcher along with the rest of the lineup.

Guest I swallowed a Q-Tip.

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is Prince Fielder actually getting fatter? He does know that the Brewers can't really allow him to work from home, right?

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is Prince Fielder actually getting fatter? He does know that the Brewers can't really allow him to work from home, right?

Czech, I knew where you were going with that even before I checked the link.

There's a great Onion article waiting to be written.

The Red Sox walk off again on the same play as last night. Vernon Wells can only make so many throws home I guess.

The Jays just fucking suck right now. Their hitting shouldn't be this bad, and even when something good does happen (Wells throwing out someone at home), something bad is just right around the corner. I almost wish the pitching was awful, then I wouldn't get my hopes up that they have any shot at winning any game right now.

Fire the damn hitting coach. Hell, fire all the fucking hitters. Your pitchers give up 3 runs in 17 1/3 innings against the league's second-best offence and you CAN'T FUCKING WIN ONCE???

Gibbons may not last the week, and Ricciardi won't be around to see '09.