TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (4/28/2008)

This is a ending that I'm sure Vince has wanted to do for years. It's only a matter of time before Raw ends with credits scrolling.

I actually kind of liked that when WCW used to do that with their PPV's in the early 90s.

Executive Producer: Virgil Runnels

Awwww, that's just shyt. Fuck You, USA Network.

EDIT:Ok, I just went to WWE.com, and they're saying that "Regal was so pissed that he pulled the plug on RAW, 4 minutes early." They're calling it "Blackpool Blackout".

WHAT HAPPENED LIVE IN THE ARENA WHEN WILLIAM REGAL FORCED RAW OFF THE AIR

by Mike Johnson

Monday Night Raw went off the air without a definitive winner as the storyline was William Regal forced the show to go off the air. Live in the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ, WWE champion Triple H and Randy Orton brawled before Orton powdered out and Triple H's music hit. There was no announced winner, so the live crowd didn't get a conclusive result, either.

It's a Raw ending you'll either really love or really hate.

It's more interesting then yet another DQ/Run-In finish that is typical of these matches. My only gripe was that they did this ending with a long title match that had built for nearly 20 minutes. They should have cut the match down to 10 minutes if they were going to do this.

CONTEST: The 12th person to send in a well-edited "Raw Reax" to [email protected] tonight will receive a free four week subscription to the Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter (pictured below) including full VIP online benefits (audio, ad-free access, archives, VIP email service, etc.) - a $9.00 value. Please include your address to qualify for the prize. The winner will be announced in the Torch Feedback article posted on the site later.

If anyone cares.

OK, so the TV crowd gets...nothing. WWE.com (and I'm sure tons of other wrestling sites) get hits aplenty to see who won the match. The live crowd gets the always-popular "Wait, this isn't televised? Fuck this, then." finish.

Unless this leads to Regal v. Vince for the entirety of WWE with Regal winning and running the show for some length of time, horrible move that does nothing productive.

Who's going to feud with Regal because the fans didn't get to see the title match finish?

It's more interesting then yet another DQ/Run-In finish that is typical of these matches. My only gripe was that they did this ending with a long title match that had built for nearly 20 minutes. They should have cut the match down to 10 minutes if they were going to do this.

I think that's what made it great, the viewers were on the edge of their seat and Regal fucked them over.

You know, I've seen some OVW shows in the past that ended like this, but there's a big difference in ending a nothing show like OVW with that and ending a Raw with a world title match like that. Please tell me this won't lead to another inane 3 way at Judgment Day with HHH/Orton/JBL, with JBL obviously being the guy who jobs. In fact why is JBL even issuing challenges when he was the first man eliminated and has no basis for another shot?

You know, I've seen some OVW shows in the past that ended like this, but there's a big difference in ending a nothing show like OVW with that and ending a Raw with a world title match like that. Please tell me this won't lead to another inane 3 way at Judgment Day with HHH/Orton/JBL, with JBL obviously being the guy who jobs. In fact why is JBL even issuing challenges when he was the first man eliminated and has no basis for another shot?

Because he feels he can do what he wants and nobody can stop him.