TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (4/29/2008)

The Brothers of Destruction kept the gold in their family at Backlash on Sunday, as Kane retained the ECW Championship by defeating Chavo Guerrero and Undertaker held on to the World Heavyweight Championship with a victory over Edge.

While Guerrero was assisted by his bodyguard, Bam Neely, in his attempt to win back the ECW Championship, their efforts weren’t strong enough for the Big Red Machine. Kane carried his dominance from the Land of the Extreme to Baltimore’s 1st Mariner Arena and proved he won’t be stopped when it comes to ECW gold.

Now, just days later on ECW on Sci Fi, the fiery champion will face both these foes again - in a Handicap Match. Can Kane overcome the combined force of the "Mexican Warrior" and his girthy bodyguard, Bam? Or might these odds be too great for even the Big Red ECW Champion to endure?

Also at Backlash, ECW beauties and rivals, Kelly Kelly and Layla, faced off during the 12-Diva Tag Team Match. A tough and tenacious Layla found herself in the victorious corner, alongside Beth Phoenix, Natalya, Victoria, Jillian and Melina. Kelly Kelly’s athletic and acrobatic contributions to her team were impressive, but not enough to help earn her squad a victory, as Michelle McCool, Cherry, Ashley, Maria and Women’s Champion Mickie James were defeated when Phoenix pinned Ashley. The rivalry between Layla and Kelly Kelly only seems to be escalating, but what is next for these two Extreme Divas? Will either of the former friends come out on top?

On ECW, Shelton Benjamin fell short of delivering Kofi Kingston his first loss since joining the Land of the Extreme. Can anyone slow down the Jamaican Superstar? Has Benjamin lost his credibility as the self-proclaimed “Gold Standard” of ECW?

Half of the WWE Tag Team Champions, John Morrison, was another Superstar who was taken by surprise with a loss. Jimmy Wang Yang delivered a crushing blow to the Shaman of Sexy, adding to the WWE Tag Team Champions’ stretch of inconsistency. Will Morrison & The Miz find a way to rebound?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

Someone who is attending the taping said that Mike Adamle abruptly got up and left the announce table to go backstage before the main event. Tazz stood up and was said to look very confused about what was going on. He sat back down, but eventually left to go backstage too. The announce table was empty during the main event.

Someone who is attending the taping said that Mike Adamle abruptly got up and left the announce table to go backstage before the main event. Tazz stood up and was said to look very confused about what was going on. He sat back down, but eventually left to go backstage too. The announce table was empty during the main event.

Dont you mean THE Tazz?

For the love of God...PUSH MATT STRIKER!

He's better on the mic than 90% of the roster.

Reference to the Northern State Parkway! Long Island FTW.

I hate the Northern State. I prefer the Southern or 135, but thats just me.

...Are you serious? CM Punk can't even go over Chuck Paulumbo clean?

And yet they booked him over Jericho and Hardy clean in the same night a week ago, so I don't know WHAT they're thinking...

...Are you serious? CM Punk can't even go over Chuck Paulumbo clean?

And yet they booked him over Jericho and Hardy clean in the same night a week ago, so I don't know WHAT they're thinking...

Step 1. Push Paulumbo

Step 2. ??????????????

Step 3. Profits.

Yeah, I don't like the Palumbo/Punk stuff. I did at first, with Palumbo losing by DQ, but to follow it up by him beating up Punk ever more is pretty shitty. Well, I was interested in more Palumbo/Punk.

Also, the Tazz/Adamle stuff is really weird. None of that would have made TV if it wasn't planned, though. At least they have me curious.

ECW - now with no announcers!

that might be awesome way to go for ECW

Also, the Tazz/Adamle stuff is really weird. None of that would have made TV if it wasn't planned, though. At least they have me curious.

Or they just didnt have enough time to edit it somehow..?

Its ashame theres no spanish option on ECW.

I nominate Hacksaw Jim Duggan as the new voice of ECW.

We could have a drinking game where we'd take a shot every time he said "HOOOOOOO!" or "Tough guy!"

Actually, didn't he do commentary for WWF in the early 90s? Maybe I'm just confusing him with Jim Neidhart or I'm just thinking of him being one of the panelists during the later years of PTW but I swore he did commentary for one of the syndicated shows for like a minute and a half. You can't do much worse than Admale though and Duggan isn't doing anything...

Truthiness - Adamle was in the middle of a sentence, next thing you know there's dead air, and he's seen leaving the table. Tazz gets up looking confused but stays to let everyone know that Judgment Day is sponsored by Rambo before he leaves too.

I nominate Hacksaw Jim Duggan as the new voice of ECW.

We could have a drinking game where we'd take a shot every time he said "HOOOOOOO!" or "Tough guy!"

Actually, didn't he do commentary for WWF in the early 90s? Maybe I'm just confusing him with Jim Neidhart or I'm just thinking of him being one of the panelists during the later years of PTW but I swore he did commentary for one of the syndicated shows for like a minute and a half. You can't do much worse than Admale though and Duggan isn't doing anything...

I think you may be thinking of Neidhart there in the spring/summer of 1991. He was the 3rd wheel behind Monsoon/Heenan on Challenge. He tried, but he stunk.