TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Smackdown spoilers for 5/2/08

Didn't see these posted...

- Teddy Long opens the show to announce the 3 titles will be defended.

- WWE Tag Team Champions: The Miz and John Morrison defeated Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang Yang.

- Armando Estrada came out as the Guest Ring Announcer for the next match.

- Vladimir Kozlov defeated Colin Delaney.

- They show Nunzio backstage getting ready backstage. Mark Henry comes up to him. Apparently, it is Henry vs. Nunzio tonight.

- Victoria & Natalya Neidhart defeated Michelle McCool & Cherry. Neidhart pinned McCool with a rollup and a handful of tights.

- Recap of the World Heavyweight Championship match from Backlash. It's Undertaker vs. Great Khali tonight.

- Mark Henry defeated Nunzio. Nunzio stands on the ramp, waves out someone. Music hits... The Big Show... and he is in Nunzio's corner. Henry wins, stares down Show during the pin. Show enters ring... Henry backs off and leaves the ring. Show grabs the mic and says, 'why don't you try and pick on someone your own size'. Henry retreats up the aisle.

- Matt Hardy makes his first US Title defense next against MVP.

- Matt Hardy defeated MVP to retain the WWE US Title. Match went about 15 minutes, real solid match. Hardy wins with a Twist of Fate.

- In ring segment, Mick Foley interviews Batista. Reviews Batista's match from Backlash vs. Shawn Michaels. Batista says he respects Shawn, but doesn't like how he got to the top. Foley brings up the comments from Chris Jericho on RAW on the Highlight Reel and says the match has further controversy. Foley asks Batista if he thinks Michaels faked the knee injury to gain the victory at Backlash. Batista hopes for Shawn's sake he is hurt, cause if he isn't, he will be.

- Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins defeated Jesse & Festus.

- Finlay defeated Julio Dinero with the Celtic Cross.

- Undertaker vs. Great Khali. Taker in ring, Edge & Vickie Guerrero on the stage. Vickie says that Taker is reckless, does not look out for his opponents and his submission move is now banned. If he uses it, he will have hell to pay. Vickie then says that because of his actions, Undertaker has been stripped of the World Heavyweight Championship and to bring it to her... he refuses. Khali comes out for the match. Taker puts the submission move on Khali, during this, Hawkins & Ryder hit the ring, take the World Heavyweight Championship and run up the ramp and give it to Vickie. Khali is choked out as Taker goes to head up the ramp after Edge. They escape. Taker looks back and returns to the ring. He chokeslammed a bloodied Khali and left him laying.

- No dark match.

So to sum up, Taker HAS BEEN STRIPPED OF THE WORLD TITLE.

What a bunch of bullshit.

How about, you know, allowing the title to go more than a damn year without being vacated.

So when does Teddy Long get his job back to stop this conflict of interest bullshit?

Vickie then says that because of his actions, Undertaker has been stripped of the World Heavyweight Championship and to bring it to her... he refuses

Pretty plain English there.

Wow... Just as RAW is getting better, SD! is getting worse as far as storylines and booking is going.

I have no desire to watch SD! this week, I can save space on my PVR.

So is Foley annoucing now or just playing interviewer?

This sucks. The problem is there is really no one on SD right now who can be world champ aside from UT or Edge. I guess maybe Big Show if they could decide if he's actually a SD guy or not.

Mind you, I actually do think UT's submission move is kind of a choke and thus could be considered illegal, but shouldn't he be warned about this prior to being stripped of the belt?

In other words, Raw goes off the air during the main, Adamle walks away from ECW during the main, and Vicki strips UT of the belt. Are they trying to drive fans to drink?

GMs gone Wild (if you count Estrada toying around with poor Collin and a contract for about what..3 months now?)

and I'll be the first to say it...

MVP = New Champ

Though Im willing to bet Taker wins it back anyway.

Vickie then says that because of his actions, Undertaker has been stripped of the World Heavyweight Championship and to bring it to her... he refuses

Pretty plain English there.

Yeah, it's an obvious stripping, but it reads as more of a "stealing the title" angle, with the Edgeheads running down and taking it while he's distracted.

It's all leading to Vince coming back to restore some control.

It has to be, surely?

Or we remain in bizzaro land until the next 3 hour Raw, which is in June, isn't it?

Anyways, if they wanted to do a belt stealing angle for another Edge/Taker match... did they have to vacate the title as well?

Even with Orton and HHH in a cage, they could have had the Edgeheads steal the belt and then Taker challenge for a Last Man Standing match or something along those lines... even with the provision that his choke-hold is off limits.

A friend of mine sent me a text saying he heard a rumor that the SD ME at Judgement Day will be Taker/Edge TLC...and no, he didn't give me any sources, I didn't ask. These weird scenarios usually lead up to that sort of thing.

wow..another very short undertaker title reign. I figured they would have made up for the last one getting cut short by injury. Looks like They are also giving khali the time off he needed for his knees or they are firing him ,.

Vickie will award the belt to Edge, Teddy Long will somehow regain power and try to veto Vickie's move, but he won't QUITE be able to, so they'll have a TLC match to determine a TRUE champion.

SD has a dearth of main eventers right now but who is really viable to step up right now? I know people say MVP, but if he got the title right now he would almost certainly tank. This is a guy coming off multiple ass beatings from Matt Hardy, who would buy him beating The Undertaker?

I've said it a dozen times already, MVP is at LEAST a year away from ME status...rush him up there now like they did with Kennedy and it's over for him. I think Kennedy will recover, but it sure is taking awhile, no?

Just loyalty service to Undertaker to pad his title reigns. He'll win it at Judgment Day in some sort of gimmick match with Edge.

I've said it a dozen times already, MVP is at LEAST a year away from ME status...rush him up there now like they did with Kennedy and it's over for him. I think Kennedy will recover, but it sure is taking awhile, no?

Injuries and being a moron is the reason Kennedy isn't in the main event scene right now. WWE "rushing him" has nothing to do with it

CM Punk should use his MITB case now. He can challenge Vacant for the title and win by default.

That would be brilliant and it fits like a glove with all the unpredictable shit they've been doing this week.

Fuck, hopefully this unpredictable shit ends with Trevor Murdoch somehow winning the World Title at Judgment Day and then before the PPV is over Vince McMahon could wake up in his bed, and we all find out everything has been a dream the last few weeks.... If ya wanna go Russo you have to go hard, son.

Injuries and being a moron is the reason Kennedy isn't in the main event scene right now. WWE "rushing him" has nothing to do with it

Which are a result of him being rushed to the top of the card. He wasn't ready.

CM Punk should use his MITB case now. He can challenge Vacant for the title and win by default.

With the title being vacant, it almost makes me think they have Edge win it in May, and then have Punk cash it in at One Night Only.

Or he just isn't very good.

I agree with you on MVP, they shouldn't rush him to the top, but there is no doubt he is going to be a major player one day. When I look at Kennedy, I don't see half as much potential as I see in MVP. I don't really see Kennedy being more than he is now, he might make it a little higher on the card but that's it.

I really don't see WWE pushing Kennedy prematurely as the reason he, you know, sucks. At the time they were planning to push him, he was over and becoming really good. I would've brought him pulling an Edge on Taker, and becoming the top heel on Smackdown last year. But he got injured, than when he came back, instead of going after Edge he returned to raw as a heel, when if anything he should've been a face. Then they started setting the motions for him to be Vince's son, and this time he got suspended for roids, 2 months after making a fool of himself on Nancy Grace. So thinking back on it, I don't think Kennedy was a product of getting pushed too hard, I think Kennedy has only himself to blame for not being one of the top guys right now. This is why I believe, “Injuries and being a moron is the reason Kennedy isn’t in the main event scene right now. WWE "rushing him" has nothing to do with it".

You really think he's been jobbed out?

I'm not being sarcastic.

He definitely needs a little more momentum than what he has now, which is why I figured he would have won Money in the Bank instead of Punk.

You really think he's been jobbed out?

I'm not being sarcastic.

I don't know, it seems like ever since they started to feud, aside from MVP's win at GAB... Matt Hardy has been 300-0 against MVP. I don't really like how MVP was made out to be a total complete bitch since Matt Hardys been back. I personally would've had the feud go one month longer and end at Judgement in a Ladder Match, where Matt finally wins.

I still feel MVP should've been the one to win MITB at Wrestlemania as well... I'd put MVP over CM Punk no question, I think CM Punk is a great talent... But MVP is more entertaining, in my opinion and I think he will be a better draw then Punk.

I also don't like how Shelton Benjamin is losing in the opening bouts of ECW, while Chavo Guerrero is a main eventer on the show. Benjamin is a much better talent then Guerrero... But he's not being used right. All he needs is a mouthpeiece and he can be an instant main eventer. I know Benjamin can also bring the best of Kane with his style. Teddy Long would be the perfect mouthpeice of Benjamin, but what is he doing? Absolutely jackshit on SD!.

Either way, I'm going to be patient and see what they do with MVP since the Hardy feud is finally done...