TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

Hell Freezes Over aftermath

I don't yet have the main event, as Landon got it late last night (for us) and hasn't marked it yet.

I also have a post-match Bruner/Va'aiga promo, but not the match itself. However, if necessary I'll go ahead without it. bear in mind though that I'll be watching Heroes this evening so anything that goes up will be going up pretty late (for us).

We're just getting Season 2 over here... OH SHIT I MISSED IT! Ah!

Anyway, main-event was ridiculously close. I've just about come to a decision, which may or may not be the right one and is probably the closest I'm going to get without obsessing over it. Either way, great effort from both, especially with the promo-battle taken into account. So big kudos to both.

[/finishes covering tracks]

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE YEAR OF INSANITY!!

Dude, that was a helluva match. Congrats. You earned the HELL out of that belt.

Wow, I'm not going to lie- I'm really, really happy. Thanks to everybody who gave me congrats, put up with my bullshit over the years, and whatnot. I know, I know... this isn't an acception speech but, you know. ;) Seriously though, Alexander, thanks a ton for runnin' with the promo battles, the hype, and everything... you know you have the rematch and, therefore, another World Title reign coming.

I'll try to put up some comments for the rest of the show in a little bit.

Edit: I'm also not going to lie again, I practically went insane(r -run with it-) writing this one.

Shit, sorry Spike. I was trying to get it all done before bed and must have missed it. I'm blaming Landon. Even though it wasn't his fault.

I haven't read the whole show yet, but I'd be remiss not to add my congrats to IL. Dude, you were always there, climbing up and now you're at the top. Nice work, sir. (Y)

Well, I said I'd try to get some comments up so I'm going to do just that.

IL vs Alexander Hype Video: Yeah, I know that in the real world chances are none of that could be fit into the tempo of the song but that's the beauty of imagination. Movin' on.

JTS/Smith vs Fleihr/Andersen: Nice to see another big guy enter the picture here. I'd make jokes about the move names but I don't give a flying fuck about hockey so, you know, I liked the early jumping to take the other two Norsemen out, a lil' bit o' revenge there. The opening exchange in particular was nice but this was pretty much just a wreckin' shit match so I don't have much more to say to it. However, I really liked the commentary since it was dead-on, funny, and got the moves (well as the names) over. Good match to really introduce us to the beast that is Smith.

Emma Dumass Interview: Hurray for fixed doors, Dumass being a dumbass, and Landon being oblivious to geography (liked the check Wiki). Except she made a great point about people already having purchased the DVD. I'm also glad to see that Maddix was a Doubting Thomas, asshole. ;) An amusing promo.

Triple D vs TORU: Loved King referring to Triple D as a "Flesherweight" and "YOU... MOSQUITO!" Also liked TORU thinking Kivell was telling him to grab the mask and the following shaking D around like a ragdoll. The little sequence of cheating involving Card and the mask was utterly genius, too. Trying to cheat by wrapping the tassels while concealing it as a rear chinlock was superb and now I echo King's statement of missing TKO.

"But a pretty nonchalant cover, if you ask me." Mak criticises.

"I don't recall doing so."

Just another example of witty, cute commentary (including the "Just in case you forgot they were Japanese.")

"DIE MUDDAH-FUCKER" was great, although all I could think of is when Muta does it.

Triple D takes it but also takes a hell of a beating afterwards.

S.I.N. versus Spike: Cocky words before the match in a great interview. He also calls out IL, assuming he'll be the loser, and -shamelessly hype for next show- he'll be getting a shot at him, only he's facing the winner, not the loser like he called for. There, I had to. Mak's a hell of a man for defending Jenkins and letting that whole "crippling" thing slide and I like him defending Spike without seeming too bias throughout in the commentary. I really liked the chain of signature moves that S.I.N. hits, putting Spike in danger, and then the realistic rally from Jenkins only to have S.I.N. knock him back down. I loved the ending because S.I.N. gets put over and so does Jenkins as the smart wrestler, an opportunist, catching him with the Super Ego Trip for the three. A nice way to kick-off a return for Sike.

Annie vs Taiga: Aaaannndddd the feud heats up.

“Fans in your... Mak, we're in Halifax!” exclaims King, “Who cares what people from Halifax think?”

“The marketing department.”

“... Halifax is a wonderful place. The SWF would like to take this moment to espouse the wonders of the Canadian Wilderness and its beauty.”

Very nice. Annie really is an utter bitch in this match up and I like the visual of a pink mist. Also enjoyed the brawl through the crowd, invading the men's bathroom, and the toilet spot. That is pretty disturbing. Also loved using the guy as a launchpad, which would be horrifying to be that guy, for the Yakuza Kick, sending Annie into the mirror. I liked the exhausted trip back to the ring before Allison ensures the win. An effective ending to continue a feud that is really, really entertaining.

Bruner vs Va'aiga: A brutal beatdown in a quick DQ match, continuing what's going to be a violent, violent situation.

IL vs Alexander: I won't comment.

Enjoyable show, everybody.

SWF WORLD TITLE

Michael Alexander© vs Insane Luchador

2/3 Falls Hardcore

Damn fine match. Fit the build perfectly, and Alexander ate flourescent bulbs for the win. But my match had pretzel flour. That's why it was so close. Seriously, though, it was an awesome match and it more than deserved to win the big one.

Grudge Match

Tracey Bruner vs Va'aiga

Sold Bruner as a dangerous monster. Sold Va'aiga as a dangerous, tough bastard. Indecisive yet brutal ending. Enjoyed the heck out of it.

Increasing Grudge Match

Annie Eclectic vs Taiga Star

Another good match to continue the feud. Now it seems it's 1-1. Brutal, good face-heel interplay, and another great finish. Why can't the women's wrestling that is shown on the channels I can get anywhere near this good?

S.I.N. vs 'Hollywood' Spike Jenkins

Spike's prematch promo was good. The match put it all together well. Spike comes out with the win, showing off his savvy opportunist side. SIN comes off as a rookie badass who just barely lost to the wily veteran. Classic booking that puts over both men. I liked it. And that Destiny Hammer should be the new finisher. I love that move!

Dance Dance Dragon vs TORU Takahara

Ah, another great heel beatdown match. Great build to the finish, with Dragon getting the win and a serious BUTT-stomping.

Tod James Stewart & Daniel Smith vs Rikard Fleihr & Arne Andersen

Kicking the Norsemen's ass prematch was great. I was waiting for the big nasty comeuppance for the foursome, and the Todster delivered. I have no idea about the move names, but I gather they derive from hockey. If so, sticks should be carried around. And used liberally. Canadian faces with hockey sticks has never been done, and that kind of angle deserves a chance, I say.

Spike, thank you for putting me over well. Once again, I apologize for not showing up, as you all may know, I was locked up, and they wouldnt let me out.

I will start on my match (Tag match) today...err, tonight.

I'm glad that they've schedule my community services for weekends only, although it will take a lot longer to complete, but now I dont have to miss work and spend time with my kids.

I shall not dissapoint, I've been out of whack for about a month now, and it's no one's fault but mine.

IL, you are da man, I'll see you on top (Dont know when, but it will come)

Great show guys...Bruner, you da man, cant wait to work with you.

SIN

Spike, thank you for putting me over well. Once again, I apologize for not showing up, as you all may know, I was locked up, and they wouldnt let me out.

Not even to write a fake wrestling match? RAYCIZMZ~!

And you can thank Va'aiga for what happened on the show; I got the date wrong... :(

Sign in to follow this