TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

Awesome Wrestling Pictures

KONGA's GUNNA KILL INOKI~!

kongawillbeattheshitoutofinoki_crop.jpg

Also:

Heenan & Cornette tell a story on one of their Straight Shootin' tapes about Barbarian getting drunk at a bar in Los Angeles while filming Body Slam and refusing to leave, even though its like 4 in the morning and the bar was supposed to close down like an hour ago. So eventually they call the cops. Barbarian beats up something like 17 cops, they mace him, but he wipes the mace off on his hand and then LICKS his hand. FINALLY they get Barb subdued and handcuffed and as they are leading him out to the car, he starts head butting the roof of the cop car, trying to cave it in. The next day Barbarian's wife has to fly out to LA to get him and drags him out of the police station BY THE EAR. Cornette said Sadie (his wife) was the only person on earth tougher than Barbarian.

Oh shit, now I have to draft the Barbarian in the second wrestling draft. Nobody steal my pick.

Whenever I hear stories like this I always think bullshit. Someone can't beat up 17 cops, as if someone poses a physical threat to that degree they would be taken down with batons and beaten (with likely broken bones, and potentially deadly injuries) or dead from a gunshot. No one is tougher then a bullet. Plus, he would still be in jail for assaulting an officer. He wouldn't be free the next day.

I've met the guy before and I totally believe this story. He was very nice but I wouldn't want to piss him off.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Also:

Heenan & Cornette tell a story on one of their Straight Shootin' tapes about Barbarian getting drunk at a bar in Los Angeles while filming Body Slam and refusing to leave, even though its like 4 in the morning and the bar was supposed to close down like an hour ago. So eventually they call the cops. Barbarian beats up something like 17 cops, they mace him, but he wipes the mace off on his hand and then LICKS his hand. FINALLY they get Barb subdued and handcuffed and as they are leading him out to the car, he starts head butting the roof of the cop car, trying to cave it in. The next day Barbarian's wife has to fly out to LA to get him and drags him out of the police station BY THE EAR. Cornette said Sadie (his wife) was the only person on earth tougher than Barbarian.

Oh shit, now I have to draft the Barbarian in the second wrestling draft. Nobody steal my pick.

Whenever I hear stories like this I always think bullshit. Someone can't beat up 17 cops, as if someone poses a physical threat to that degree they would be taken down with batons and beaten (with likely broken bones, and potentially deadly injuries) or dead from a gunshot. No one is tougher then a bullet. Plus, he would still be in jail for assaulting an officer. He wouldn't be free the next day.

Man fuck you, you're probably the type who enjoys telling kids there's no Santa. We don't want/need the truth.

Also:

I've met the guy before and I totally believe this story. He was very nice but I wouldn't want to piss him off.

Well, you're stupid then. It's not like he could just get off by telling the judge "I'm the barbarian, I'm not a hairdresser on the weekend"

Guest cobainwasmurdered

That's not the point, the point is that it's an amusing/cool story. Anyone with a brain realizes that it is improbable/impossible. We don't need a killjoy to drive the point home.

I always thought that was so weird...basically a Japanese gimmick brought into what was still at the time basically a southern US wrestling promotion. Though I guess they did have guys like Kabuki and Muta before that.

The thing I remember most about the Vader helmet was when he fought El Gigante in Japan and he squished El Gigante's face into the helmet so hard that the steam shot in his face. I remember watching that at four-years-old thinking, "Vader has a magical helmet!"