TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Japanese MMA Thread

I'll be watching, hoping like always that it's finally Jerome LeBanner's year. I don't see him getting past Remy though, Bonjasky's my pick to win it all as well. Should be a hell of an event anyway, some new blood in Zimmerman, Teixeira and Saki as well as no Schilt makes this the most interesting GP in a long time.

On-going K1 thoughts:

The Aerts stoppage, while kinda random, was overall justified cause he was slipping all over the place and never had his footing back after getting booted. He was just a lot slower than Badr and looked his age in the ring. Took a whipping and the ref knew it and stopped it before it got really bad. Haris spinkick, jumping switch front kick, combo was dope.

Tex vs. Zim was another good fight. Not exactly high-level kickboxing, but it was certainly active with both guys destroying each others' bodys with kicks. I think Tex lacked a degree of killer instinct because there was a point in the 3rd where he had Bonecrusher in the corner covering up where he could have landed several shots at-will but didn't. It ultimately backfired because Zimmerman was able to land an uppercut to get a 10-8 and win the fight on decision.

Go/Rus I missed most of. Spinning backfist for a knockdown by Go, takes it by dec.

O FORTUNA! JLB!![

I could watch JLB and Remy fight for a million rounds. Guys trading bodykicks was great. Shame the ending was a knee to the forearm. Remy moves on.

Sefo/HMC I couldn't watch. Sefo should have done a highkick to Chois upper thigh.

OH SHIT MELVIN KILLED HIM!

How do Australians understand each other? Clearly another language.

OOOOH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I JUST SHIT MYSELF.

Zimmerman, in the midst of getting his shit pushed in by Badr, SCORES THE KNOCKDOWN.

Rd2?, Hari stops fucking around, beats Zim in an exchange for the ko.

YES!! I was watching Remy vs. Saki thinking "Wouldn't it be awesome if Remy landed that kick he smoked Vern with?" and then he DID. I dunno how he managed to hurt Saki with a kick under the arm but he did, and it was super dope.

Looks like Remy vs. Hari in the finals.

HOOOOOOOOOLEEEEEEEEEEEE! Badr and Remy go Cross to HK in series and then Hari goes BANANAS. Takes Remy down, adds some GNP and a Chute Boxe foot stomp! YELLOW CARD.

Though he got stomped, I think Remy is milking this just a bit. Hopefully he's just letting Badr stir rather than trying to take the win off a dq.

RED CARD. FIGHT OVER. WHAT THE FUCK. And the Oscar goes to...

Remy Bonjansky.

The water works come on as the streamers come down. Badr is NOT PLEASED. Holy shit, if looks could kill. Bogus end to an otherwise great night of fights. Fuck, I wish this fight would have continued. There was so much HATE.

Badr Hari's actions were some of the most disrespectful, idiotic things I have ever seen.

Not only did he punch Bonjasky on the ground. He then stomped him. And while Bonjasky was trying to determine if he could continue, they caught Hari talking shit to Bonjasky's corner.

I FIRMLY believe that Hari didn't want to lose the fight, and intentionally got himself disqualified. He was losing the fight up to that point, and it just so happens to happen after a 10-8 round.

I call bullshit. I really wish K-1 would severely punish Hari for ruining this event, but I doubt they will. I'd like to see him lose half to all of his winnings for the event, and I'd even go as far as to strip him of his title. Just a fucking disgraceful move that ruined the finals of Kickboxing's most prestigious event.

In essence. Fuck Badr Hari.

Badr Hari, what a lunatic. For two fights he was impressive as hell, destroying Aerts and winning a great fight with Zimmerman, and then he goes and loses his mind to ruin what was a damn good event up to that point. Intentionally getting yourself disqualified from the fucking K-1 World Grand Prix Final of all things, that's a special kind of retarded.

Other than Jerome ( :( ) Bonjasky was the guy i most wanted to win, but now what should be a huge deal winning his 3rd GP will be overshadowed by what Hari did.

Badr should get punished but knowing K-1 they wont do shit, other than try and milk this for a rematch at some point.

So it's looking like Cro-Cop/Hong Man Choi and Overeem/Kharitonov for Dynamite! If anyone is being the bitch here, I'm going to go with Mirko. Dude just doesn't seem to have it anymore.

Other announced fights (confirmed):

Schilt vs. Mighty Mo (MMA)

Tokoro vs. Daisuke Nakamura

Sato vs. Kyschenko (K-1)

Le Banner vs. Mark Hunt (MMA)

Aoki vs. Alvarez

Kozo Takeda vs. Kawajiri (K-1)

Musashi vs. Gegard Mousasi (K-1)

Sakuraba vs. Tamura

Hansen vs. J.Z.

As mentioned above, Cro Cop/CHM and Overeem/Kharitonov are also almost certain to be announced in the coming days.

Regardless how Remy acted or not, anyone who thinks Hari doesn't deserve to be automatically DQ'ed for that bullshit should just quit watching the sport.

Hari is a thug, and although I respect his talents, he's a peice of shit. The fact he doesn't even take resposiblity for what he did and keeps on making excuses further proves my point.

Fuck him.

Yeah, but Remy acted a bitch.

I don't give a fuck... Hari acted like a classless peice of shit. Which is even worse. He's a horrible representive of the sport. He can go fuck himself.

I'm not arguing that Hari shouldn't have been DQ'ed or what have you. I'm simply stating, independent of that and everything else: Remy acted a bitch. Just yet another reason for me not to like the guy.

I know a couple of guys backstage who said he was still dizzy and had blurred vision from the stomp. Sure, he may have milked it a little, but not as much as a lot of people are accusing him of. A stomp to the face is a stomp to the face. This is also the same guy who was kicked in the nuts not once, but twice, and still came back to KO Leko, so I might think twice before I call him a bitch. Remy is a true rep of the sport and one of the nicest guys in all of fighting, so try and cut him a little slack.

Regardless if Remy milked it or not, he already had the fight won.

Remy Bonjasky in pure talent is clearly in the top three in K-1. He was already up 10-8 on Hari over three rounds. The only chances Hari would have possibly had is to get a KD on Remy which I think I can count on my fingers how many times I've ever seen anyone accomplish that (I don't really think I've EVER seen it since I started following K-1 about three years ago), or win both next rounds and get a extra round. Virtually impossibile to do as well.

Hari knew that too. He knew due to being knocked down with what amounted to a jab that he didn't have a realistic shot at winning anymore. Which is why he threw a temper tantrum. Anywhere else but the GP Finals, and Hari would have been DQ'd immediately. If I'm Remy Bonjasky and Hari just *GIVES* me the win, why do I fight? For the "love of it"? To "Be a warrior"? Fuck that. Fighting's a business. You take what you can get.

The fact that K-1's keeping Hari off NYE, probably shows that they are *NOT* happy with him. Everyone theorized that it'd be turned into an angle, but Meltzer reported that the K-1 President basically said that he was going to severely punish Hari for his actions. Who knows.

I know a couple of guys backstage who said he was still dizzy and had blurred vision from the stomp. Sure, he may have milked it a little, but not as much as a lot of people are accusing him of. A stomp to the face is a stomp to the face. This is also the same guy who was kicked in the nuts not once, but twice, and still came back to KO Leko, so I might think twice before I call him a bitch. Remy is a true rep of the sport and one of the nicest guys in all of fighting, so try and cut him a little slack.

I'm not saying that Remy is a bitch in general, or that he isn't a nice or even a great guy. I've just never been a fan since his earliest days. Mo beating him at the previous zenith of his career made my month.

I think you meant to say Mo "beating" him, ;)

Schilt KO'd him with a knee in the GP a couple years ago; Cro Cop is the only guy that has knocked him down with punches to the head. Errol Parris KO'd him with a body shot many many moons ago on a small K-1 card at the beginning of Remy's career. Remy has never been KO'd with a punch to the head, which is pretty remarkable considering how many times he has fought and the amount of good boxers he has faced (Jerome, Mirko, Sefo, Leko, Mike McDonald).

If I have to accept Melendez over Kawajiri, the world has to accept Mo over Remy. Besides, it's Bonjasky's own fault for dancing around like an effeminate savateur for much of the first two rounds.

If I have to accept Melendez over Kawajiri, the world has to accept Mo over Remy. Besides, it's Bonjasky's own fault for dancing around like an effeminate savateur for much of the first two rounds.

No you don't have to accept Melendez over Kawajiri, if you really thought Melendez won that fight.

Just like I thought Bonjansky beat Mighty Mo, I won't let what the score cards dictate what I believe whats fair. I also thought Whitaker beat Chavez, Rampage beat Griffin, and even Hopkins beat Calzaghe.

Don't play the blame game homie. I thought Melendez beat Kawajiri aswell, as I thought Marquez beat Pacquacio both times.

"Don't play the blame game?" From the guy who thinks Taylor was robbed against Chavez? Come on, man. I ain't too drunk to smell the hypocrisy there.

"Don't play the blame game?" From the guy who thinks Taylor was robbed against Chavez? Come on, man. I ain't too drunk to smell the hypocrisy there.

LOL! You guessed it homie...

I'm drunk as fuck but regardless, but I still stand by my beliefs! Just like I believe Junior Jones got lucky against Barrera both times, and couldnt touch Barrera's jockstrap in neithers prime!