TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Does Anyone Still Play World of Warcraft?

I know I'm a little late for this game, and I recently just purchased it after being pursuaded to do so.

I like it, but I'm not "OMG I'm losing my mind" addicted to it.

It's fun, it can get quite boring at times as you are just grinding and a lot of people don't want to help with quests anymore.

I haven't played in about a month, after the last big patch with new endgame stuff it just got blah.

I know I'm a little late for this game, and I recently just purchased it after being pursuaded to do so.

I like it, but I'm not "OMG I'm losing my mind" addicted to it.

It's fun, it can get quite boring at times as you are just grinding and a lot of people don't want to help with quests anymore.

Well your first problem is you aren't joining a guild. Guilds have players that will help each other out. Secondly, you need to be more diplomatic in the general chat or when chatting with players in the province you are leveling in. You should never be grinding for the first 30 levels of the game at least. Tons of quests to capitalize on. Perhaps move to another province.

Just wait till lvl 40 when you get your first mount to ride.

Also check your server pop. My main guys are on a shittastic server and it sucks getting groups together.

I usually would run instance after instance for leveling. Hell, I went through the 40's with my Paladin in like 6 days running Zul'Furrack on endless loop.

I play it now and again, but logged on the other day to find my account had been hacked lol Think it was my old Guild Leader, shouldn't have used the same password for WoW and the Guild Forum tbh.

The game itself is ok, but it soon got boring for me, well, soon got boring after 2 years.

I haven't played since the Burning Crusade expansion came out. I find that for someone like me, joining a guild is useless as I don't have tons of free time to grind day and night. When I come on once or twice a week I find that my guildmates would be way past me in terms of experience.. either that or they've kicked me out of the guild for not being around for constant raids, etc.

Just dinged 70 last night. Working on my flying mount, and have an invite to a guild that's about my speed.

I have it installed on my computer. My brother plays it all the time, but I only play it every once in a while. I've got a level 43 paladin...yeah.

I'm going to get Lord of the Rings Online and try it out.

I have it installed on my computer. My brother plays it all the time, but I only play it every once in a while. I've got a level 43 paladin...yeah.

I'm going to get Lord of the Rings Online and try it out.

Its pretty crap to be honest. Very little content and just feels like WoW only you never feel like you're going to die. Found it very slow paced as well.

Are there plans to expand it outside of the areas that the game currently has included? That's really my main reason for wanting to play it.

I started playing WoW recently and after an initial love of the game, I find myself rarely playing it. Just don't have the time or attention span to play it.

Also, 909, they tend to expand the world every other free expansion or so. So, about every 4-6 months. They just recently added a new area to the game with the last one. They're also supposed to be adding the Mines of Moria in the Mines of Moria expansion pack coming in the fall. So...yeah.

I racked up a lot of playing time during my four months of unemployment a couple years ago (hell, I started the original WoW thread here), but haven't touched it at all since I started my job, and probably won't ever pick it back up

I still have two 40ish characters somewhere out there (I think, unless they purge inactives after a time), but I don't really care

Hey Baron, Jay's response wasn't bad. When I saw he responded under my name, I was sure he'd call me gay or something.

I knew it wasn't your post. I can tell by the typing.

Just dinged 70 last night. Working on my flying mount, and have an invite to a guild that's about my speed.

I have two level 70's Prot Pally (My guild needed a tank, then disbanded when I hit 61. Assholes) and a Huntard. :huh: Mounted on both, neither with the SUPA OMG LOOK AT MY DRAGON IZ L33T mount.

I still say that Pallies should fly Pegasuses... Pegasi? That'd be truly epic.

Now that my 360 has taken a shit, I'm going to find myself playing WoW much more. I shouldn't have posted in here.

Now that my 360 has taken a shit, I'm going to find myself playing WoW much more. I shouldn't have posted in here.

Nah, I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you just take it easy and play. Leveling was one of the better parts of the game, its when you hit 70 and have to raid the same place every night to 'advance' that the world got boring for me.

Nah, I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you just take it easy and play. Leveling was one of the better parts of the game, its when you hit 70 and have to raid the same place every night to 'advance' that the world got boring for me.

Yeah, I only started getting interested again when I started playing my scrub Shammy again. Endgame stuff gets old really fast, and if you aren't all geared the fuck out people kick you from groups the second you wipe because damnit it's my fucking hunters fault that the tank pulled the wrong group, and then broke my trap I had set.

Also, don't break my traps.

Bumping a thread about a horrible game:

Lots of new junk (ideas "borrowed" from other games) have been incorporated recently, including achievements to give you a reason to do asinine quests and the new expansion coming out on Thursday. Anybody going to indulge in the additional 10 levels you can level up?

If anything else, people from Beta really liked the storyline and felt like Blizzard did a good job connecting the quests together. Plus, Vikings, Titans, Walruses, more evil dwarves, a Murloc reputation faction, how can you say no?

The game has been buggy as hell recently due to the numerous patches (in fact, it's been down all day today), but I can't wait to get the expansion only to find out that my graphics card and RAM isn't sufficient enough to play it. :)

They really only had some minor issues the day after the patch, but I haven't found any bugs while running around grinding on people for Scryer rep. I think it's funny that they nerfed all the Heroics and the endgame raids so that my hunter that was running around in the town rep BG gear (Thrallmar, Lower City, etc.) and the BG crossbow being my only purple to being almost fully geared in purple after like two weeks of random pugging raids, and whatnot.

On a sidenote I'm really happy with what they did with the Hunter class, except for them nerfing the fuck out of Aimed Shot and Kill Command. But I can live with that since I can go tame a level 3 beast and it automatically jumps to level 65, no more loyalty levels, pet points, and the Inscription Certificate of Ownership which is custom made for me and my hating on my pet names. (I can't stand having a nameless pet so I'll just name them whatever I come up with and invariably think of something ten times more awesome the next day, but have gained loyalty from the pet so I don't want to go retame... problem solved.)

Have you jumped on the Survival wagon, yet? The hunters (2) in my small guild seem to really enjoy survival now, though some change in the most recent patch has caused them to level up alts to 70, not sure.

Also, yes, I love getting those sweet epics while wearing quest green items. I leveled a paladin in hopes of being prot with the uber-changes, but thanks to the loving tanks got, I was forced to heal. Ret/holy is awesome. I have no skills beyond judgement, but man, I never run out of mana and can heal all day.

Have you jumped on the Survival wagon, yet? The hunters (2) in my small guild seem to really enjoy survival now, though some change in the most recent patch has caused them to level up alts to 70, not sure.

Also, yes, I love getting those sweet epics while wearing quest green items. I leveled a paladin in hopes of being prot with the uber-changes, but thanks to the loving tanks got, I was forced to heal. Ret/holy is awesome. I have no skills beyond judgement, but man, I never run out of mana and can heal all day.

Fuck Survival with a stick. Honestly there was only two things in the whole tier that interested me before the patch and Eagle Eye (increased range) is Tier 1 and Readiness got moved to Marks, so it's all daisies for me since I've been Marks from level 10. Honestly out of all the trees for all the classes I can't see any advantage in going deep into the Survival tree. Sure Explosive Shot is kinda neat, but I'd rather have something dead before I can even go through my shot cycle with Marks than go Survival. Also whatever advantage Explosive Shot might have is totally out classed with my YOU DIE NOW Chimera Shot. If they hadn't nerfed Kill Command being able to proc after crits I'd do even more rediculous amounts of damage than I do now.

Also I eat Beast Master's faces.

I can literally hear people whimper when their pet gets caught in a Frost Trap and they are dead in like 5 shots because all their AP is in their pet. Ooooh nice Devilsaur, too bad you are dead now.

I ran Gruul's last week with a Black Temple geared BM hunter and did nearly 6% more damage than he did with my mismatched gear at the time. If you want to watch shit die quickly I don't care what anyone says, Marks is king.

My server is low-pop so my Paladin was Prot forever, but I'm tinkering with Ret at the moment, but come Thursday I'll likely pop him back to Prot to get groups.

I'll admit I've never given this a try. A friend of mine in the Navy is beyond addicted. Just about every time I talk to him on the phone, he's in the middle of a raid, or a quest of some sort. He's got several maxed-out characters, too. He was telling me the other night about how pissed he is that his younger brother has only been playing for a couple months and already has better equipment than him. I had to remind him that he does have a day job, and his brother (who is 23) has no job, no responsibilities, and nothing better to do with his life than play WoW all day.

Also like I said earlier server population has a TON to do with gear and if you can get into a decent raiding guild. When I log onto my 20 something Alliance Shamman on a Medium Pop server there's ALWAYS PUGs going down for endgame raids, and other content. Class has a ton to do with it too.

Like my server Lethon, is really lacking in high end Priests so running Karazhan before the nerf was like impossible because you need priests for CC.

I'm debating if it's worth it to stay up until midnight since Game Stop called me and they are having some "dress up party" thing and I can pick the game up at midnight, or just wait until I get off work tomorrow since I wouldn't be able to play it until then anyways.

There were some reports of 7 Eleven (yes, they sell the "hot game release of the week" now at some 7 Eleven's) breaking street date and selling Lich King early. Forgot to swing by yesterday but will check one or two today to see. It would be great to fire it up tonight after midnight w/o having to wait in the cold. Otherwise I'm just gonna wait till tomorrow and buy it after work.