TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Smackdown (5/9/2008)

Now that SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero has stripped Undertaker of the World Heavyweight Championship, when and where will the next champion be crowned? Will The Deadman be looking to reclaim his title as soon as possible? Will Edge try to leverage his relationship with the GM to get his hands on the gold once again? Or, will another Superstar step up and try to claim the title? (WATCH the SmackDown Rebound)

When Shawn Michaels defeated Batista at Backlash, he finally silenced one of his toughest critics. Or did he? After Chris Jericho’s recent Highlight Reel – where Y2J accused HBK of faking his injury at Backlash – Batista vowed to hurt HBK if he isn’t truly injured. Will Batista keep his word?

When Big Show demolished The Great Khali at Backlash, he took down one of WWE’s biggest Superstars. Last week on SmackDown, The World’s Largest Athlete had a staredown with the World’s Strongest Man, Mark Henry that ended with Big Show calling for Henry to pick on someone his own size. What will happen the next time these two behemoths encounter each other?

On last week’s Championship Friday edition of SmackDown, the WWE Tag Team Champions defended their title. But, with all the talk they’re doing in the Dirt Sheet, how long before they tick off the wrong person?

Also on Championship Friday, Matt Hardy retained his United States gold against Montel Vontavious Porter. MVP held onto the title for almost a year. How long can Hardy?

As Judgment Day approaches, find out the answers to these questions and more on Friday Night SmackDown at 8/7 CT on The CW Network.

But the REAL question is:

How many people will actually post in this thread when the show actually airs?

I doubt it if it'll reach page 2

That's just how attentively people watch the program. No time for forums when SmackDown is on the air!

Guess people aren't multitaskers like me.

[i'm assuming you're being sarcasting though.]

Little kid on Vicki stripping Taker of the title for using the THAT CHOKEHOLD:

(Paraphrased) "Yes, Vicki was correct because it can cause internal bleeding and lung damage for a month..."

Awesome.

Little kid on Vicki stripping Taker of the title for using the THAT CHOKEHOLD:

(Paraphrased) "Yes, Vicki was correct because it can cause internal bleeding and lung damage for a month..."

Awesome.

<Vince>He's my future heel General Manager!

Alright, so I'm really getting a kick out of Morrison kicking ass in this match. Really was a great showing.

And that was a nice spear to end it.

I wonder what happened to the "I luf Double Double E!" Kozlov?

Edit: It might just be me, but as long as you don't ask him to sell anything, I actually don't find him that bad. He's got a different style, his entrance is certainly different.. I really don't mind just letting him going out there to squash jobbers every once in a while.

I'm amused by how the announcers talk about how not exciting Vladimir Koslov is. Yeah, that's going to get him over. Throwing a scary looking, foreign heel with no mic skills or discernible personalities might have had some shot at working in 1981 but these days? Not so much.

Morrison/Batista was really, really good. Batista is really good at that whole "top-tier face getting beat up by mid-tier heel" match formula. Also, Koslov is still entertaining me, but I'm positive that'll stop as soon as he starts wrestling competitive matches. Nothing else from the show really stands out. Punk/Hardy and Finlay/MVP were perfectly acceptable TV wrestling, though.

Wait... did I miss it or did Mark Henry's promo not air? Cole mentioned it during Show's entrance and it sounded like they were going to show it, maybe picture-in-picture style or something, but nothing came of it.

Wait... did I miss it or did Mark Henry's promo not air? Cole mentioned it during Show's entrance and it sounded like they were going to show it, maybe picture-in-picture style or something, but nothing came of it.

They said it'd air this weekend on WWE.com

For the first time since SD has been in HD the CW feed was finally razor sharp tonight and didn't have all the blips and blurry crap. Anyone else been having this problem?

Seeing this show play tonight I realized why I found this angle a bit lacking. For someone trying to screw over UT, Vicki sure did make it easy for him. He simply is back in a title match after being stripped, while in theory a bunch of guys had to fight to get to him. Shouldn't this have been the opposite, with Edge getting a virtual bye to the PPV and UT having to qualify for the battle royale and then win it to get to Edge? Instead we go the long way around to get to the same stale PPV match (Edge vs. UT) and render an entire tourney meaningless since neither man involved did any work in it.

"I'm digging the groovy entrance music for Kozlov"

Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing at that! Foley really is entertaining as a commentator.

In regards to Morrison, I really enjoyed seeing him dominate Batista last night. I've always thought Morrison was a great worker.

For those of you who read the Backlash Roundtable, you may recall I complained about the predictable "someone goes to do 10 punches on Taker in the corner and gets the Last Ride" spot, wishing someone would counter into a rana some day.

Well, that's exactly what happened in the Batista / Morrison match, so I was quite happy.