TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

BruiserBrody: Lost in Cleveland

I'm from Cleveland and I have no suggestions. I guess you can hit a bar or two in the Flats but it's kind of a mess down there these days. Well, I guess it was always a mess.

You can always drive up and down Euclid Ave which resembles the road of a third world country. Plus, it's kind of neat driving around the barrels.

a mess as in construction or a mess as in kiss my mother goodbye before I leave kinda mess?

It needs construction if anything. I suppose it's not quite that epically bad, but kiss your mother goodbye just in case. And don't stumble into the barrio on the west side of Cleveland.

I was surprised too. I was only down there once. Detroit Ave area. I live on the east side and venturing to the west side feels like going to another state.

Oh yeah, try not to go to Lakewood either. But if you do, don't let the rainbow flag at city hall startle you.

I haven't been to Cleveland in a couple of years, but I was there semi-regularly for several years prior. I was always amazed how great the area right around the ballpark formerly known as Jacobs Field and the arena formerly known as Gund was, but how it instantly became a shithole if you ventured much further than that. Cleveland's a pretty impoverished looking city if you hit up most of the areas away from downtown.

If you don't mind running to a few gay pepole, the bar scence in Lakewood is great. It's pretty easy to tell the gay bars from the regular ones if you have the slightest bit of common sense. The club scence in the Warehouse District North of downtown was taking off when I left Ohio three years ago. The Flats seems to be dying out. The Gateway District around the Q and Progessive Field has good sports bars.

No problems with the gays, actually spent Saturday night getting kissed on the hand and cheeks by a beligerently drunk old man who kept buying me beer. I don't think he was gay though....

Cedar Point is about 60 miles from Cleveland. It's a good park, check that out if you want.

Otherwise, try to find Bizzy Bone and smoke some crack with him.