TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The NHL all-time draft

First Brad Park, then Ken Morrow. I swear to God Max, you're fucking killing me.

And CG, honestly, if you had a team of a Gretzkyless Kurri and a Heatley/Alfredsonless Spezza, you'd only be hurting yourself. Kurri, ok, but Spezza? I'd never dream of picking him without the other 2.

Ha ha ha.

I almost picked Morrow last round but knew that if I did, I could say bye bye to Perrault.

Lidstrom-Park

Howe-Morrow

That's a fucking dynamite top 4. I dare any motherfucker to lineup against them, knowing that not only do you have to get through them, but you have to score on Hasek or Parent.

The Nickelback-hating brother I often bring up effing loves Hal Gill. We were playing NHL 08 when I called him a pylon. Naturally, Gill went on to score the Leafs second, third, and game-winning fifth goal (in OT).

Goblin's 12 are up, so I present... the man! The myth! The possible answer to "What does Brian do?"!

000230030.jpg

Brian Bellows, W

3-time All Star

485 goals

537 assists

Name is a complete sentence

Youngest captain in NHL history; was an interim, which is why the record is Crosby's

To add more scoring to an already potent line-up:

one_shutt02.jpg

Steve Shutt, LW

- Averaged almost a PPG in 99 playoff games (98pts), had 4 seasons of 45+ goals (including one where hit 60), is a +393 for his career, a phenomenal two-way player, 3 time all-star, hockey hall of famer, 5 time Stanley Cup champion etc. Shutt is another solid two way player who is consistent giving me Kariya, Zetterberg and Shutt as my left wings which is, unquestionably, the best LW stable so far. Plus, another proven winner, never can get enough of those.

He was just fine as a pro coach. Fastest coach in Rangers history to 100 wins. Also, people forget he won silver in 2002 as well.

Unless I'm mistaken, Treble's 12 hours are up ...

With the (whatever pick this is), the Northern Lights Five would like to welcome Howie Morenz, center, to the organization.

number7.gif

Considered hockey's first true "superstar", he played a huge role in establishing the NHL in the US. Injuries shortened his career, but when he was healthy, he was one of the best point producers in a defense-first league. A couple of Harts, a couple of Art Ross's. Voted #15 in The Hockey News' 100 Greatest Players.

I've only got two defensemen, so I'd better pick another one before the pickings get slim.

lowe1991_kevin_oilers.jpg

Kevin Lowe

Serge Savard is listed as a forward, even though he's a defenseman. I'll fix it.

And, since I want a good back-up goalie:

cujo.jpg

Curtis Joseph

I won't lie and say I know a lot about my next pick but it sounds like he was underappreciated (I guess playing with Doug Harvey will do that). He was also the reason Harvey didn't win seven consecutive Norris Trophies:

8ca933fd4db4bdae7d51084d5eb9.jpeg

Tom Johnson, D

51 goals

213 assists

264 points

Six Stanley Cup championships

Norris Trophy winner, 1959

Hall of Fame inductee, 1970

Fun fact: I actually had an email published on one of those ESPN.com Page 2 top 10 lists about how much I hated Ulf Samuelsson. The list was top 10 most hated players, and he wasn't on there, so I felt compelled to make a case for him in the reader feedback portion.

Fuck that guy.

Cam Neely meet

samuelson.jpg

Ulf Samuelsson!

Note to self: Pick a real, true enforcer to beat the living shit out of Ulfie when the Five play against UndertakerHart's team. Yes, Neely will want to do so himself - again - but I don't want my top-line RW spending 5 minutes in the box for fighting, or 5-10 in the house of corrections for aggravated assault. Let a 4th line goon go to jail.

Since that ass monkey CG already went ahead and made his pick out of the order, it's my fucking turn...

CARLYLE688.jpg

Randy Carlyle, Defenseman

Awards and Honors:

Norris Trophy: 1980-81 (Pittsburgh)

NHL All-Star First Team: 1980-81 (Pittsburgh)

All-Star Game: 1981, 1982 (Pittsburgh), 1985, 1993 (Winnipeg)

Cam Neely meet

samuelson.jpg

Ulf Samuelsson!

Fuck you.

This.

And though it's right to blame me for letting things get outta order, I've been on a bender, and picked (rightly), after Angle. The day-and-a-half server maintence was a cancer on this draft.

Edit: I was plastered when I picked Stevens. Not that it impacted my selection, but I interpreted Angle's "Wrong Thread" as his selection. (What happened there, anyway?). So, yeah, I'm entirely at fault. My first round opponent will receive a one-game lead in our playoff series. I'll look into whatifsports tomorrow and toss some ideas around as to get a fantasy tourney going.

Double edit: We're updated. I'd like to see a 'pm the next draftor' system in place.