TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The NHL all-time draft

Alright, here's where we stand:

CC's pick of John Tonelli finished off Round 16. His pick of Dale Hunter officially started Round 17. It's technically EMHE's pick in Round 17, but both he and Angle did not select anyone in Round 16, so they're still on the clock for that; Thus, it's first come, first serve. EMHE can pick two players, but he's still off the clock again at 5:30 pm, Eastern. I'll allow for a little grace today on that, as I pick next anyway, but won't be home from work until about 10 Eastern.

In short - pick it up, guys. It's entirely possible that we'll see EMHE and Angle, a la Max and CC, get two picks back-to-back.

Sorry about the lack of PM to you 909, with my next pick I take:

Dave Manson/D

COCKSUCKER! I'd have bet my junk he went undrafted. Now I need a tough guy defenceman to fight off O Reilly and Samuellson.

Which is funny because I was ready to take O'Reilly with my missed pick!

I just rely on JJ. Once I see him make a pick I know it's my turn.

Seriously, we need to get better about the PM stuff. As ridiculous as the 8 hour rule is, it helps move things along. I have a list of players to pick that I'm moving off of.

So if Angle picked last, does that mean I'm next?

No, that was his make-up pic for Round 16, which he missed out on. Everything's back in order with EMHE's double pick....which, by the way, he didn't follow up with a PM. Let's step this shit up. (Thanks, Max)

Defence, shmefence. It's time for a homer pick. My favourite player from sometime in 1993 when my parents separated and I no longer shared a name with a former NHLer(I won't name drop, but I've probably mentioned that before), until sometime in 95 when he was traded for Pierre Turgeon. He's going to, again, captain the team that St. Patrick carries to glory. Gentlemen:

02F.jpg

TakerHart and 909 are on the clock, regardless of how we look at it; We'll finish this round up on the eight-hour clock, then Round 18 can go back to twelve hours.

Gert can select.

I'm taking the best enforcer...

Bob Probert

Ain't nobody gonna fuck with us. Probert and McSorley shall destroy all.

I'll go ahead and take my last defenseman.

P197002S.jpg

Bill Gadsby

8-time NHL All-Star

3-time NHL All-Star 1st team

4-time NHL All-Star 2nd team

#99 on The Hockey News list of 100 greatest hockey players

Ugly lookin' mofo, but I'll gladly take him on my team.

This round sucks.

In a perfect world, I had Goring, Richter and Gadsby all on my team. I had been looking at Gadsby for a solid 5 rounds. I held off cause I didn't think he would go.

Taken from the "I can't believe he's still available" pile, I'd like to warmly welcome Stephane Richer to the Northern Lights Five.

- Talented: Surpassed 50 goals twice

- Clutch: Scored 4 OT playoff game winners

- Dangerous: Broke Brodeur's cup with a slapshot; luckily, Brodeur's vagina was unscathed in the incident

000305509.jpg

This round sucks.

QFT. The last seven picks have now made me cross off four of the five guys on my short list (Muller, Probert, Richer and Middleton). I'm expecting the fifth to be taken any minute now.

"Nifty" Middleton is the first pick in a while that really hurts me ... he was my absolute favorite Bruin when I was a super-young niskie.

I didn't think he was in danger of going anywhere else - well, max might have taken him, but I thought he was safe. <sigh>

This round sucks.

QFT. The last seven picks have now made me cross off four of the five guys on my short list (Muller, Probert, Richer and Middleton). I'm expecting the fifth to be taken any minute now.

This, though swap Probert for Manson in my case.

"Nifty" Middleton is the first pick in a while that really hurts me ... he was my absolute favorite Bruin when I was a super-young niskie.

I didn't think he was in danger of going anywhere else - well, max might have taken him, but I thought he was safe. <sigh>

Nifty was going to be one of my picks this round.

Well, since Gadsby is gone, I might as well get another center, and I guess I want a Selke winner, so I'll take Michael Peca.

JJ's on a plane, he sent me his list, he wants Marian Hossa