TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The NHL all-time draft

Never got a PM from Goblin...let's step it up folkies. After you make your pick, send a PM to the next guy. It's not hard and it might help us get this thing done before October.

Anyways, my next pick is astonishingly still available. One of the toughest motherfuckers to ever lace the skates, one of the most feared players along the wall, had a good scoring touch but if you so much as breathed on Bobby Orr or Phil Esposito the wrong way, you'd have him coming after you looking to chat about it. He scored 20+ goals eight times in his career, finishing with 277 on his career to go along with 516 assists. He was a part of one of the greatest lines in Boston Bruins history, Cashman-Hodge-Esposito, which was dominant and helped bring the Bruins two Cups. He was also a member of Team Canada at the 1972 Summit Series. Niskie's probably going to kick my ass, but folks,

wcash.JPG

Wayne Cashman. LW.

Next pick, under the radar but a quietly good defenseman. He set the NHL record for assists as a defenseman in his rookie year with 50, was a main cog on the deadly Islanders powerplay. Defensively, he wasn't a bonecrusher but could certainly play his position well. He finished with 369 points from the blueline in only nine seasons. In the playoffs, he was still a good player finishing with 57 points in 102 games. Internationally, before he came to the States he was good for 145 points in 276 games in the Swedish leagues, playing until the age of 35. Ladies and germs,

01F.jpg

Stefan Persson. D.

Facts and figures:

- It's Treble's pick in Round Eighteen. MFer somehow has made his 18th-round pick already. So, like when I jumped the gun earlier, his pick will still stand, but he's skipped, and we'll go from Nskie straight to Gert.

- We're fine to go back to the 12-hour clock for the remaining two-and-a-half rounds.

- Gert, EMHE, and JJ still have no team names.

- I thought we'd see pretty well nothing but backup goalies in the 20th round, but EMHE, Gert, MFer, and Treble only have forwards left to pick. Max would fit into this if he had picked a coach.

- He's one of four teams still without one: Goblin, Nskie, and CanadianChris are the others.

- Conversely, CG and Angle both have at least one pick to make for each on-ice position, and similarly, Nskie only has goalies fully represnted.

- More proof that it's a defence-first draft: CanadianChris, TakerHart, Goblin, and Max also have their defence corps represented in full.

My defense is complete.

Nicklas Lidstrom-Brad Park

Mark Howe-Ken Morrow

Steve Duchesne-Stefan Persson

You'd think I would have noticed the juxtaposition, considering I pointed out how you hadn't picked a coach yet. Yeesh.

- It's Treble's pick in Round Eighteen. MFer somehow has made his 18th-round pick already. So, like when I jumped the gun earlier, his pick will still stand, but he's skipped, and we'll go from Nskie straight to Gert.

That's because you have me down as picking Guy Carbonneau (which I did not). I should only have 17 on my roster.

Can my team name be... "CG ain't got the heart to step to EHME in the streets"?

EDIT: Are you going to the Stampede, CG?

You're thinking of RedBaron, who, will in fact, be there.

I'm workin all week, but being new to town, I think I have to go.

That's because you have me down as picking Guy Carbonneau (which I did not). I should only have 17 on my roster.

Remedied. Disregard what's in bold, it's Nskie's 18th pick, with everything officially in order, save TakerHart, who can still make his 17th pick anytime.

I guess it's time to name my 6th defensemen. He'll help my team with toughness (over 2000 career PIM), and is a serviceable offensive weapon (11+29 for 40 points one year) even though he's definitely a defense-first d-man.

The Northern Lights Five would like to welcome Lyle Odelein to the organization.

cornelius.jpg

Almost 250 picks in and this guy still hasn't been taken? Gotta be a steal right there.

abelsid.jpg

Sid Abel

1949 Hart Trophy winner

3-time NHL All-Star

2-time NHL All-Star 1st Team

2-time NHL All-Star 2nd Team

#85 on The Hockey News list of 100 greatest hockey players

A member of the original "Production Line", Abel gives me five centers now, but him and Alex Delvecchio can play left wing if needed. Also, it'll be interesting to have Abel and Maurice Richard on the same team.

Along the way, Abel picked up the nickname "Boot Nose" after he taunted Maurice Richard and paid for his insult with a punch that broke his nose.

Would it be particularly offensive to anyone if I dropped Michael Peca and then made a make up pick at the end of the draft or something? I'm really kicking myself over that.

Would it be particularly offensive to anyone if I dropped Michael Peca and then made a make up pick at the end of the draft or something? I'm really kicking myself over that.

Yes. I don't think I want Pat Verbeek as high as he went; I'm sure we all have a few.

Sorry.