TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Sacrifice

Gail Kim wins thanks to Angelina Love tipping Roxxi over with the ladder. Somewhere in the middle of this, Roxxi started bleeding, hardway of course.

Roxxi is getting her hair shaved and has a HELL of a gash on her forehead from bumping against a ladder corner, I think.

The story here is that Gail Kim and Roxxi Laveaux were the last two in a Battle Royal, and then it became a ladder match. Since Kim had immunity, it meant if Roxxi won, then Angelina Love would get her head shaved. However Love & Velvet Sky helped Kim win, so Roxxi gets her head shaved. Kim fought with Love & Sky to make sure she didn't become a heel out of this. Crowd seems real upset she's getting her head shaved. Super loud "Fire Russo" chant. We haven't heard that in a long time. That should be followed by someone leaking that this wasn't Russo's idea, even if it was.

Fire Russo chants, huh? Interesting.

lol HUGE Fire Russo chant comes from the Orlando crowd. Obviously not happy with the local worker getting their head shaved.

Shit, Roxxis head is way scarred up and bloody from that match, making the visual of her head getting shaved akin to when Raven got it back years ago.

This is pretty crazy shit actually. Velvet Sky and Love are trying to get all the heat on them during the crowd chanting Fire Russo.

Honestly, Roxxi came off like a huge star here, bloody and beaten up, and then gets her head shaved, all looking a little badass in the process.

Joe and Nash talking shit to each other in the locker room. Nash claims he's setting up Steiner with mind games so he can get in his head to help Joe. Joe says to Nash to stay out of the match, blah blah blah. Nash probably will still end up turning on him here later on.

It may be just because this ppv is being viewed in 420 enhanced vision for me, but this show has been actually entertaining for the most part. Booking has been all over the place, but its making it unexpected what's going to happen. The unintentional goofiness of this show in spots too makes it fun, such as the Fire Russo chants during that last match, a child crying like crazy before the show even started, guys audibly calling spots all night, etc.

As of now, Angelina Love and Velvet Sky are the biggest heels in TNA. I really thought Gail would grab the contract and hand it over to Roxxi to screw over Love.

Yeah, I thought so too, and Gail, after the match, actually tried to strap down Love in the chair instead. But Velvet Sky saved her (who was looking fucking scrumptious tonight)

LAX over Styles and Super Eric, when Hector Guererro pushes Homicide over to reverse a small package by Styles for the win.

I don't think either of Styles's shoulders were actually down for the pin. Surprised it got botched considering who was involved.

LAX over Styles and Super Eric, when Hector Guererro pushes Homicide over to reverse a small package by Styles for the win.

I don't think either of Styles's shoulders were actually down for the pin. Surprised to got botched considering who was involved.

lol so Styles botched the finish in both of his matches tonight, wow.

As of now, Angelina Love and Velvet Sky are the biggest heels in TNA. I really thought Gail would grab the contract and hand it over to Roxxi to screw over Love.

Yeah, I thought so too, and Gail, after the match, actually tried to strap down Love in the chair instead. But Velvet Sky saved her (who was looking fucking scrumptious tonight)

*nods*

Have I mentioned recently that I firmly believe that the entire world would be made a significantly better place if Vince Russo were slowly choked to death by the feces of an AIDS-infected chimpanzee? No? Just thought that needed saying.

I think I quite succinctly described this match's outcome way back a month ago when the stipulation was first announced:

Words cannot express how much I hate this fucking company. I hate them with every inch of my body, from my balls up. I HATE THEM FROM MY BALLS.

I think Roxxi losing her hair actually is going to help her in some capacity. The whole angle really came off better than it had any right to, due to outside influences.

Hector Guererro ended up neutralizing an interfering Johnny Devine by putting him through a table on the outside from the top rope with a flying dropkick that, I think was, intended to be a leg drop. But it came off looking way great. Spot of the night for sure.

And LAX wins the tag titles, fun last 5 minutes of that match, for sure. The Guererro spot was fucking cool. Homicide pins D-Von with a top rope frog splash, in a nice touch.

I usually enjoy a good "Fire Russo" chant but the heel heat should have been towards Love & Sky.

The "beautiful people" laughing and acting like complete bitches while Roxxi is getting her head shaved and crying...damn, that got some real emotion out of this callous smart internet fan.

Roxxi is the most sympathic person in TNA now and Love & Sky SHOULD be the biggest heels. But, unless the follow-up delivers, the biggest heel will still be Russo.

They'll keep trying to put heat on the blondes, but its just hard when I don't think alot of people really want to boo the two sexpots.

Eric Young promises to find Elvis to bring to Slammiversary as his manager. Umm, ok. Whisky tango foxtrot!

They're doing a similar buildup with the entrances of each guy in the main event similar to Joe/Angle at the last ppv. In essense, showing them walking to the entrance in the backstage, with weird background music, and then a video package of each guy before they come out.

I think Roxxi losing her hair actually is going to help her in some capacity.

You gotta remember, TNA doesn't pay most of their employees enough to make a living. Roxxi has to supplement her income with a busy indy show schedule. (Which TNA takes a 25% cut from, like with all their wrestlers' indy pay.) Don't you think some indy promoters wouldn't want to book the hot chick anymore since she's bald now? Maybe they gave her a massive bonus to lose her hair, but I doubt it. Keep in mind this is the same company which fucked with injured wrestlers over the money they needed for surgery while simultaneously paying more money than any wrestler ever got to a felonious football player who literally stood around and did nothing.

I usually enjoy a good "Fire Russo" chant but the heel heat should have been towards Love & Sky.

The "beautiful people" laughing and acting like complete bitches while Roxxi is getting her head shaved and crying...damn, that got some real emotion out of this callous smart internet fan.

Roxxi is the most sympathic person in TNA now and Love & Sky SHOULD be the biggest heels. But, unless the follow-up delivers, the biggest heel will still be Russo.

It's that kind of reaction that makes TNA's desire to take PPVs out of the Impact Zone more understandable. This may (or may not) be an effective storyline but the Impact crowd is so jaded that it won't give the story a chance.

It shouldn't be given a chance. It's gratuitous, offensive, mind-boggling bullshit. The Orlando crowd was completely correct in their assessment.

I think Roxxi losing her hair actually is going to help her in some capacity.

You gotta remember, TNA doesn't pay most of their employees enough to make a living. Roxxi has to supplement her income with a busy indy show schedule. (Which TNA takes a 25% cut from, like with all their wrestlers' indy pay.) Don't you think some indy promoters wouldn't want to book the hot chick anymore since she's bald now? Maybe they gave her a massive bonus to lose her hair, but I doubt it. Keep in mind this is the same company which fucked with injured wrestlers over the money they needed for surgery while simultaneously paying more money than any wrestler ever got to a felonious football player who literally stood around and did nothing.

True, but in theory this will lead to angle that will give Roxxi more exposure. With more exposure, she can increase her asking price on the indy scene or even get a better contract from TNA themselves. So even if she gets less bookings, it's possible she can earn more money per booking. Personally, I'm intrigued by the angle and I want to see where it goes. It has a great deal of potential.

Also, Jingus, all I ever see you do in this forum is post about how much you HATE, HATE, HATE TNA. Now, criticizing the promotion is one thing, there's lots of things to criticize them over, but you just seem to flat out dislike anything the promotion does. So why do you continue to post in here? I'm honestly curious.

Because there is stuff I like about this company. Primarily, the Knockouts division. As long as they're not doing dumbass shit like this. (Like, a week ago, the Daizee Haze/Cheerleader Melissa match was the highest rated segment on the entire show; hey, two good wrestlers wrestling draws, who'da thunk it!) TNA has all the ingredients it needs to be a truly first-rate wrestling promotion, so it's beyond frustrating when they somehow manage to fuck it all up nearly every time.

One problem with the "exposure" arguement: she doesn't wrestle as Roxxi Laveaugh on the indies. She works as Nikki Roxx, under a straight wrestling gimmick.

They had to chance to push Lethal to the moon tonight, but they opted to push Kaz. Brilliant, just brilliant.

I don't see where this is too much of a problem. Fact is, Kaz is more recognized with the heavyweights than Lethal, and is just as deserving of the push. They've got to rebuild Lethal anyway.

Jingus, I gotta disagree with you on this one. TNA must get the hell out of Orlando, seriously. That crowd truly fucked up what I thought was a terrific angle tonight with Gail/Roxxi/Love/Sky. The main misgiving I have about it is that Kim came out looking like a bit of a bitch herself, willing to screw someone over for a title shot. But consider what we got out of it: Roxxi got insane sympathy for being so royally screwed and having her head shaved, while Love and Sky may well be the most hated wrestlers (male or female) on the roster after this shit. They're like the Austin Idol and Tommy Rich of women's wrestling. The problem of course is that the Orlando crowd SUCKS A DICK and has no idea how to handle some old school Memphis style booking, and of course chants "Fire Russo!" like a bunch of pseudo smart marks who don't know shit and refuse to go along for the ride. They would have been better off running this angle next month at Slammiversary when they would be in the Memphis area, since that crowd would at least grasp this sort of angle.

I wonder, do those who hated this angle mainly hate it due to it being women? If this was a man having his head shaved, would it piss people off?

Know what pissed me off more? Kaz being in the main event. Once Angle was hurt that match flat out needed to be 1 on 1 with Joe and Steiner. Nobody would care about them not doing the announced 3 way, since (gasp) no one gave a crap about Angle's involvement anyway. Further, why on earth would they job Steiner when you have a ready made job bitch like Kaz right there? Hell, they even had the ready made reason for it, with Petey out there to screw over Kaz and set up the X Division match that Kaz earned earlier in the night.

I did enjoy LAX winning the tag titles tonight, though none of the tourney matches were especially great or anything. At least the booking of that tourney made sense with the teams that couldn't get along all lost early, and the two legit teams (LAX, Dudleys) making the finals.

They had to chance to push Lethal to the moon tonight, but they opted to push Kaz. Brilliant, just brilliant.

I don't see where this is too much of a problem. Fact is, Kaz is more recognized with the heavyweights than Lethal, and is just as deserving of the push. They've got to rebuild Lethal anyway.

Kaz has never beaten Angle cleanly,Kaz has never beaten The Dudley's by himself, Kaz is bland, and Kaz was tagging with a super Hero and feuding with monsters 2 weeks ago. Kaz is in no way just as deserving of a push, as Lethal, no way at all.

Love and Sky may well be the most hated wrestlers (male or female) on the roster after this shit. They're like the Austin Idol and Tommy Rich of women's wrestling. The problem of course is that the Orlando crowd SUCKS A DICK

No, I'd say the main problem here is that Nielsen ratings have shown that segments primarily featuring Love and Sky actually lose viewers. They're the only women on the show who don't get the highest ratings for their segments. That suggests that it's not just the Orlando crowd who doesn't give a shit about them.

I wonder, do those who hated this angle mainly hate it due to it being women? If this was a man having his head shaved, would it piss people off?

It would still be stupid, but it being a woman makes it worse. But I've never seen the point of most hair matches anyway, it seems such a random stipulation which has nothing to do with actual wrestling. Plus, it panders to the very worst of the lowest common denominator in sideshow freakism; "hey, watch someone have their body get involuntarily violated right in front of you!".

But at least most hair matches come out of some kind of heated long-running blood feud. In this one, a woman was forcibly shaved bald... because Jim Cornette said that the knockouts were getting bitchy and he wanted to take them down a peg? What?! They never even attempted to build up anything like that on television. It makes absolutely no sense. Especially since the one who got shaved was the least egotistical one in the storyline, an introverted loner who was only recently brought out of her shell when the crowd suddenly got behind her, and has been bullied by the actual egotistical bitches ever since then. Seriously, what's Cornette's storyline justification for shaving this girl?

Know what pissed me off more? Kaz being in the main event. Once Angle was hurt that match flat out needed to be 1 on 1 with Joe and Steiner. Nobody would care about them not doing the announced 3 way, since (gasp) no one gave a crap about Angle's involvement anyway. Further, why on earth would they job Steiner when you have a ready made job bitch like Kaz right there? Hell, they even had the ready made reason for it, with Petey out there to screw over Kaz and set up the X Division match that Kaz earned earlier in the night.

I did enjoy LAX winning the tag titles tonight, though none of the tourney matches were especially great or anything. At least the booking of that tourney made sense with the teams that couldn't get along all lost early, and the two legit teams (LAX, Dudleys) making the finals.

I agree with those points. Although Meltzer did have a plausible explanation why Steiner lost, saying he thought the paying viewers would've been pissed if random fill-in Kaz had done the job instead of someone who was actually advertised in the match. But in terms of furthering storylines, it does kinda take the wind out of the sails of the Steiner/Joe feud by having Scott lose (again) in his first title shot.

Wow, I'm shocked you analyze Nielsen ratings on a show that is lucky to break a 1.0 rating. And until this angle tonight I would have 100% agreed about Love and Sky, they just were the Whore Corp. to me. Just skanks out there taking up TV time and doing a weak heel act. But after tonight they might actually get some heel heat, we'll see.

To me, Cornette is a heel in all of this. He had no real reason to book such a stip since it was a whim, and I don't see how TNA can keep him a face (or even tweener) GM after tonight.

On a totally different note, Styles was really shit tonight. I mean wow the dude was off his game. He literally fell on his face and botched the finish to the first match, and then didn't even roll over for the small package finish to the LAX match, making it look like he got screwed since his shoulders weren't down at all.

The immunity thing on Impact hurt the angle. Gail needed to be eliminated before the match for it to actually mean anything. Or give it to either Velvet or Angelina and put them in the final so they can double team Roxxi. Once Gail was in the ladder match, everyone knew that Roxxi was getting her head shaved. Or not have the immunity match at all, which actually helps Kim since it shows that she's willing to have her head shaved to get a shot at the title. Or don't put that lame stip in the middle of the match where one of the beautiful people would take Gail's place, since them screwing over Roxxi makes sense in the storyline anyway.

There, about six different ways that this angle could have been salvaged, and TNA chose none of them because they are idiots. I'm going back to watching Nikki Roxx matches, because I'd rather see good wrestling instead of stupid storylines.