TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Sacrifice

but I don't think you can give Joe/Angle all the credit for that, the Lethal Lockdown match has a lot to do with that also.

I'm not sure people were rushing to buy the PPV to see 3-4 comedy characters, an unknown and Johnny Devine going at it in a cage.

Don't get me wrong, the match was pretty fun and a great opener. But it was hardly a well built up match.

Joe/Angle and Team Christian/Team Tomko sold that PPV.

This almost identical to what I said. The point is Angle isn't a established draw, he never was, and probably never will be.

The match was a draw not because of Angle but because of the hype about it being an MMA match and the fact that everybody and their momma knew Joe was gonna get his first title win. Angle really didn't factor in that much.

The draw for me was Angle in an MMA style match for the belt. Joe wasn't a factor. If it would have been Steiner, Cage, AJ, Petey fuckin' Williams, I would have ordered it.

When Angle is booked as the Wrestling Machine, he's the best thing going in pro wrestling to me.

From the time he jumped to Smackdown and won the belyt in that battle royal up untill he started acting like a goof in TNA, Angle was fucking awesome.

The build to and match with Joe in the cage, MMA style was excellent.

Don't get me wrong, I like Joe as much as the next dude, but Kurt Freakin' Angle is what got me to pay for the ppv.

That period after he won the SD title was awesome.

His match with Taker? Just great great stuff. That's what I meant by the machine Kurt Angle matching up with people. I can watch that Kurt Angle against anyone and be excited for the match. Less serious Angle isn't in that league.

Angle was awesome in ECW? His run was entirely forgettable, he traded wins back and forth with Orton (who was in the dog house at that point), jobbed in his only TV match with RVD, and got hurt about a month in and was released soon after.

His last WWE match, with Sabu, was just terrible. And that's coming from a guy who really liked both Angle and Sabu. Angle's work took a sharp nosedive in 2006, and his earlier TNA stuff was lackluster too. He's been slowly rebuilding it since then, but is still nowhere near the level of performer he was in, say, 2001.

Tru dat. Angle's been pretty terrible for a while. What seperates a guy who is truly a good worker like the Undertaker from Angle is that Undertaker reinvents himself and gets better while Angle wrestles the same match with the same formula since 2002 when people starting getting in his ear telling him he was such a "great" worker.

I don't watch TNA, so I don't know if his character is any better or not, but I wasn't impressed with the Joe match.