TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Just call me Dan

What's your honest reaction to this?

Well up until that point, I appreciate all the comments. Just a thought/impulse that came across and I wondered what people would say. Thanks guys.

Ah, no disrespect meant man. It's a Boondocks semi-quote.

My for real response:

I can't grow facial hair for shit. I guess it's the Cherokee/irish/blackness in me or somethin'. I dunno, but I like just bein' able to grow a lil mustache, maybe a little spot on my chin and under my bottom lip. I usually just shave it clean every other day, though. So, yeah. I can appreciate facial hair if somebody's rockin it the right way.

But I don't know about this implant shit though. It's just way too unnecasary. Hair plugs/implants of any kind are, really. If I start going bald, I'll start shaving my head with a razor and sport a Baldy. I can't grow facial hair right, I shave it off.

Fair enough. I guess for me, it's just really annoying that I can grow about 75% of what I'd like it to look like, with just a few missing areas that, to me, are significant enough to get rid of all of it. That type of surgery would be more to just fill in a bit and set off a look I'm going for and not a total makeover or some kind of grudge I have against people who can grow it all. Just a thought, but the overwhelming "no way" response helps to make me think a lot harder about it. Thanks man.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I wouldn't say 100% no, but I can safely assume it will be more trouble than it would be worth.

I'm a little surprised Marvin hasn't chimed in here.

Im ineligible for hair resoration transplants since I dont have any to transplant and even if I did get a transplant, my medical condition (Alopecia) would kill off the newly transplanted hair anyway since its effectively my immune system attacking my hair follicles.

Ive been hairless going on 8 years. I pretty much wear an Orioles hat anytime I leave the house (so much so that I now have a ring around my head from it) and it doesnt really bother me much.

I think the joke was that you had a habit of chiming in on subjects that did not pertain to you, like when you used to chime in on the "when I have sex" topics.

Guest Desensitized

I had a beard for a while but got rid of it for the time being. I wasn't really sold on it. On a beard scale of 1 to 10, with a 10 being an archetype of unbridled rugged masculinity and a 1 being Muggy, I'd only give it a 5.5.

Just Call Me Dan's oblique reference to his inconvenient amount of pubic maintenance was both funny and sad.

When I have a beard, the mustache never connects to the rest of the beard. Even when I let it go for a few weeks, I still only get this:

beardio5.jpg

Oh, and as you can see, the area directly in the middle of the 'stache stays bald. At least I can never be accused of looking like Hitler!

Oh, and as you can see, the area directly in the middle of the 'stache stays bald.

Blonde or red-haired men can get away with that much easier than dark haired men.

Just cut some hair from your head, and glue it to your face. Damn, you'll be smooth.

He should pull a Beavis & Butthead? :lol:

Strangely enough, when I first read the original post, I thought of the episode of Beavis and Butthead that you were referring to, but could not find a picture of Beavis with the beard, so I had to go with Cartman and the pube beard. Same thing really.

I've got several problems with growing a beard. Firstly, I've got that type of slow-growing hair which only needs to be shaved every other day. Secondly, there's a big gap between the mustache and the rest of the beard, like the one in Ice Cream's pic except more pronounced, which basically means I could never successfully rock the full beard. Thirdly, the hair in general is just a tiny bit too sparse too look right; it's, like, 90% of the way there, but always looks like I'm missing a few extra months of puberty which I never had. Fourthly, my facial hair tends to grow in an unusually curly and unruly fashion; if it weren't for the fact that it comes in a lighter color than the rest of my hair, it might look disturbingly pubic. And finally, the most annoying thing is that my neckbeard seems to grow faster and thicker than the actual stuff on my face. Given time and experience, I can trim the combination of mustache, goattee, and sideburns into something vaguely workable, but as a whole my facial hair would never rate higher than a 4 or 5.

But still, beard transplants? Fuck that. Call me when they finally perfect ordinary scalp plugs, in a few years I'll need em.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

If I leave my beard to its own devices for say, an entire winter, I end up with something like this:

beard1.JPG

Not me, similar in terms of beard. A little darker than mine.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

No relation. Just a google picture.

My brother is a clean shaven 6'6" jock kid that works in a mexican restaurant.