TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

Impact Spoilers for 5/22

Homicide defeated Brother Ray by DQ. Brother Devon ran in to break it up. They started beating down Homicide until Hernandez ran in. Booker T then came out and Booker and 3D beat down LAX putting Homicide through a table and leaving both bleeding.

-Angelina Love defeated. ODB with some help from Velvet Sky. Afterwards they teased they were going to cut ODB's hair until Roxxi made the save. Roxxi was going to try to cut Angelina's hair until the referee took the machine away from hair. Roxxi then laid out Rudy Charles.

-Samoa Joe and Kevin Nash come to the ring and Joe announces the 4 people he chose. (I was mistaken yesterday and it is not an 8 man King of the Mountain match, it will be 4 and 8 were chosen to be in qualifying matches, sorry about the error). Jim Cornette picked 4 and Joe gets to pick the other 4. Cornette picked Tomko, James Storm, Robert Roode, and Matt Morgan) Joe then announces his picks, a man he faced all over the world and in different companies, AJ Styles. He also picks Rhino, Christian Cage, and Booker T. Nash was upset that he wasn't picked since fans were chanting for him and he gives Joe a piece of his mind, then leaves the ring.

-King of the Mountain Qualifying Match: Robert Roode defeated Matt Morgan with his feet on the ropes.

-Kurt Angle comes to the ring and he brings out Karen to see if she will take him back. Angle says that now that Karen knows her role and priorities she should take him back. At one point Kurt asks if she is seeing AJ. Karen says that Kurt will never change and Kurt says he can change and gets on his knees and Karen walks out the ring leaving Angle.

-Jeremy Borash is in the ring and explains the rules of the King of the Mountain match. He is about to introduce the next qualifying match until Awesome Kong and Raisha Saeed come out with a briefcase. They issue an open challenge to any female in the crowd who can beat Kong would get $25,000. A plant in the crowd is chosen her name is Melissa ( I believe she is a student from Team 3D's school). Kong destroys her easily for the win.

-King of the Mountain Qualifying Match: Booker T defeated AJ Styles. Tomko made his way down to the ring during the match, and when AJ went for a springboard Tomko pulled him down allowing Booker to get the win. After the match, Tomko and AJ went at it. Team 3D ran in and they started to beat down AJ. Booker joined in as well. Karen Angle runs down screaming for them to stop as AJ is bleeding. She leaves when Brother Ray shoves her out the ring, only to return with Kurt Angle, who has a steel chair. They clear the ring while Karen is attending to AJ. Brother Ray is yelling at Kurt to turn around and when he does he see' Karen and AJ. Kurt proceeds to blast AJ with the chair. They continue the beatdown and it ends with the 5 of them posing. I thought it was good with lots of heat.

Credit: PWInsider.com

That last bit made my head spin. But I'm sure it will make sense when I see it.

At least that's cleared up about KoTM and suprise suprise another tournament. Good thing I enjoy them really. But Rodert Roode in the main event? I still don't buy into it just yet. But they could play him off as the "wild card" and build him up.

At leat this tournament is just a straight ahead tournament. So they are going with Tomko vs AJ at the PPV. That's what I was telling my friends at the PPV. I was saying they should do Tomko vs AJ where Tomoko is pissed that AJ went along with the Tag Title tournament without him. I don't mind that as now AJ is back to being a face and Tomko can be a bad ass heel. I like that.

I'm interested to see where this Kong angle goes. Are they going to have one of the established Knockouts beat her, or are they bringing in a new Knockout?

So they are going with Tomko vs AJ at the PPV. That's what I was telling my friends at the PPV. I was saying they should do Tomko vs AJ where Tomoko is pissed that AJ went along with the Tag Title tournament without him. I don't mind that as now AJ is back to being a face and Tomko can be a bad ass heel. I like that.

With the way they are playing up the Karen-Kurt thing, I think they are going to go with AJ/Angle first. I guess they could be saving that one from BFG or something, but I think they pull the trigger now and then do a long term Tomko/AJ feud. I love AJ as a face, so I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes, but this heel run was the best thing that could have happened to it, as it gave him a personality. Either way, AJ/Angle for 20 mins on PPV gets $30 from me.

While it gave him a personality, he always WRESTLED better as a face. Now his face character will have a little bit more of an edge to it, I look very forward to the eventual AJ/Angle, AJ/Tomko and potential AJ/Joe feuds.

AJ as World Champ > Joe as World Champ.

AJ as World Champ > Joe as World Champ.

As much as Styles and Joe have fantastic matches together, throwing together a feud with them again makes little to no sense. Whenever the time comes for Joe to either 1) give the belt to a good heel who then could feud with Styles for the title or 2) have Joe turn heel, then I may be interested in Styles challenging for the belt, but he can keep busy with plenty other workers before being thrown back into a feud with Joe. Really what it all comes to is that Styles really doesn't need the world title now or really anytime in the near future.....he's already uber established and it's more in terms of his character changes that has really invigorated him a whole in the company. Maybe in a year or so we could talk the possibility of Styles getting the TNA title again, but we'll see.

Angle and Tomko feuds alone for Styles could easily take up 4-6 months of the year. They have really done a decent job with establishing those two programs, also. They will likely both have legs (Angle/Styles and Styles/Tomko).

Oh and also, the angle at the end of this Impact taping sounds really strong, and I like the idea that they are doing qualifier matches for KOTM instead of having that many guys in it. My guess is that the other two people except Booker and Roode to make it into the match will be Tomko and perhaps Christian. Surprised Sting wasn't even given a chance to be in this match, I thought it was a lock he would be a part of it. I am actually also shocked that Booker is in the KOTM match also, as I thought he would for sure be facing either Rhino, Christian, or Sting in a singles match on the next ppv.