TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
heyguesswhatidid

Judgement Day 2004

Here's the card for anyone interested

RVD/Mysterio vs. Dudleyz

Torrie vs. Dawn

Mordecai vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

Rico/Haas vs. Holly/Gunn (WWE Tag Titles)

Chavo vs. Jacqueline (Cruiserweight Title)

Cena vs. Dupree (US Title)

Undertaker vs. Booker T

JBL vs. Eddie (WWE Title)

Wow, every title on Smackdown was actually on the line

I'm torn on whether to watch this show. The main event has the massive Eddie bladejob but it is still the beginning of the period with JBL on top of SD that truly sucked and cemented SD as a B grade show.

RVD/Rey vs. the Dudleys could be a great match but Van Dam's 2004 SD stint was very unmemorable since his contract was up and they were largely jobbing him out, then once he did sign he got hurt. Shame too since his team with Rey had great promise, just not a lot of top level opponents.

It's not that bad of a show. The main event delivers big time, Cena/Dupree is a decent little outing, the opener tag is quality, Dawn Marie's outfit gets ripped so you get a nice shot of her ass in a thong, and most everything outside of the Mordecai squash is decent-ish. It's not a bad way to spend two and a half hours.

The only thing that flat out annoyed me on this show was an aspect of the Rico/Haas vs. Gunn/Holly match. Rico was using all sorts of gay antics to freak out Holly and Gunn. What annoyed me was that Gunn had spent the better part of a year pretending to be gay as a part of Billy and Chuck. If he was comfortable doing that (until he realized he was about to marry a dude) then why would Rico (who was his fucking manager of all people during that time) be thrown off his game then?

I'm torn on whether to watch this show. The main event has the massive Eddie bladejob but it is still the beginning of the period with JBL on top of SD that truly sucked and cemented SD as a B grade show.

Jesus, yeah. I completely abhorred SmackDown during JBL's entire run. It sucked bad. Tuning in and watching felt like work. Like I should have been getting paid to do it.

But this show was pretty good. Now, the PPV after this, the first WWE Great American Bash show, was easily the worst thing that the company did that year. Really, really bad stuff.

The sad aspect of SD in 2004 is that the roster itself wasn't really that bad, but it was almost entirely a roster of jobbed out and misused wrestlers.

Oh, and isn't that Booker/UT match on this PPV the silly feud where Booker was doing the voodoo gimmick?

Not the best PPV of 2004, but I thought Judgment Day turned out to be a better show than it had any right to be. I enjoyed Cena / Dupree the most.

Not the best PPV of 2004, but I thought Judgment Day turned out to be a better show than it had any right to be. I enjoyed Cena / Dupree the most.

I would say that it is one of the better ones. Easily in the top half, anyways.

Oh, and isn't that Booker/UT match on this PPV the silly feud where Booker was doing the voodoo gimmick?

Yea, the previous week on SD, Booker had gone to visit a witch doctor and got a bag of stuff that was supposed to be able to destroy the Undertaker. At the PPV, Booker took the powder that was in the bag and threw it in Undertaker's face. 'Taker just stared at him strange, then beat the shit out of him.

Mordecai's debut was a fun squash match.

I loved Mordecai's music.

That move Rey did while tied up in the tree of woe where be basically gave Bubba a Diamond Cutter without actually untying his feet from the ropes needs to come back.

I thought Eddie-JBL was a good match and all, but I don't see how it's become this excellent match, aside from Eddie nearly killing himself

I liked Eddie-JBL from this show fine enough, but I enjoyed the Bull Rope match from GAB much more. Both do have shitty endings, though.

I still don't get why they gave up On Mordecai so fast, he wasn't that bad in the ring and he had a cool gimmick that had people talking. Eddie's bladejob here was ungodly, I had never seen this show before and man was i surprised how bad that cut was. I enjoyed the tag title match, The Rico and Haas team was fun while it lasted, the entrance alone was priceless, with haas unsure if he should walk on the "runway" they had set up. The gimmick Haas was scared of Rico, but didn't mind Jackie and in time grew to accept Rico, but they prematurely had to drop the titles due to a rico injury IIRC. The Gunn/Holly team worked well it seemed. (I suppose better than Holly with BART Gunn as the New Midnight Express)