TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Judgment Day Roundtable

http://www.watchwrestlingonline.co.nr/

No sound, but it works. Cena/JBL opens.

The second-to-last one has sound.

Awesome, that shit played all the way through with no problems.

Props to both of you.

I came in right after Cena/JBL, then went back on watched it on this site: The first May 19th one is the one with sound, from the begining.

It was a good show. Way better then I expected. All clean finishes, except for the Dusty finish on the Taker/Edge match.

Everybody brought their A-game tonight.

Yes, Vickie was getting the loudest boos of the night, it was pretty crazy actually. I don't think she was purposely stalling for heat, she was getting booed SO MUCH that she couldn't speak. Probably overwhelmed her a little. I missed the first 10 minutes of the UT/Edge match taking a leak and getting another beer.

We had fun, solid card all throughout, though there were too many out of nowhere finishes for my taste. I really wish the women's match got about 5 more minutes.

Foley looked like he was sleeping half the time.

We were oh so lucky to see Carlito and Santino job to Holly and Rhodes in the dark match.

What happened to Big Show/Mark Henry? That's okay, we got MVP/Jeff Hardy instead. Hey TSM, what happened to Hardy having to work his way back to the top? He probably got the second biggest pop behind Triple H.

Cena got the usual mixed reaction.

Omaha's a non-smarky town though, so the people who were supposed to get cheered got cheered. Not sure what boos you heard with CM Punk, he got a pretty good reaction where I was sitting, anyway.

Regal was sitting in the box high above our section so we got to see him in all his sneering goodness all throughout the night.

What happened to Big Show/Mark Henry?

It was never even announced.

Good to know you had a good time there. The card turned out so much better than it looked on paper. Did you go with the wife, some friends, and/or maybe Carnival? I see him browing the thread right now. I have a feeling he wouldn't miss a WWE PPV in Omaha. And this is the first time I've seen him on TSM in a month or so.

Omaha's a non-smarky town though, so the people who were supposed to get cheered got cheered.

The shows including Raw would be a lot better if fans didn't go there with the purpose of proving how smart they are.

CM Punk must be turning heel soon. There is no other reasonable explanation why he's being jobbed out like this... other then having heat backstage.... again.

Omaha's a non-smarky town though, so the people who were supposed to get cheered got cheered.

The shows including Raw would be a lot better if fans didn't go there with the purpose of proving how smart they are.

I agree completely. SummerSlam 2004 was single-handedly ruined by the Toronto fans, who seem to be the leaders of "proving how smart they are."

I'm not saying people always need to react according to how VKM thinks they should react (case in point: I like Edge and always cheer him), c'mon.

Does the draft even matter? When anything important happens, everyone just shows up to Raw anyway. Plus, with the whole ECW/SD "merger" the lines are about as thin as ever.

C.M. Punk to RAW? Hasn't he been on several RAWs just in the last month or two alone? It just all seems so silly.

you're exactly right...did you think I was speaking out AGAINST Omaha being non-smarky?

I'm wondering if the jobbing-spree Punk is on, is WWE's way of having him pay his dues before getting a big title win. My main evidence on this is the jobbing-tour 2003/4 that Roots Genoa went on before getting his big push and eventual title win at WMXX. Mr. Genoa jobbed to everyone and their mother in the months leading up to his title push, so maybe something similar is happening with Punk.

Genoa made Brock tap at Survivor series, and lost a very good match against Brock on Smackdown that Decemeber. He also won a feud with Albert that fall, he was in a angle with Heyman, where Heyman was making sure he wouldn't get a title shot, and than I believe he won the Rumble and went to RAW, and started the angle with HBK and HHH. I believe he went through everybody in Evolution, and only lost to Michales on Raw in the build up to the mania 3 way. He didn't really lose much from december 2003-March 2004.

I'm wondering if the jobbing-spree Punk is on, is WWE's way of having him pay his dues before getting a big title win. My main evidence on this is the jobbing-tour 2003/4 that Roots Genoa went on before getting his big push and eventual title win at WMXX. Mr. Genoa jobbed to everyone and their mother in the months leading up to his title push, so maybe something similar is happening with Punk.

ngbbs47ed89a0e5238.jpg

I agree completely. SummerSlam 2004 was single-handedly ruined by the Toronto fans, who seem to be the leaders of "proving how smart they are."

I was at SS 2004 and the only thing about the Toronto crowd I didn't like was that they cheered Trips over Eugene when I was in full HHHate mode at the time. Best time I ever had doing the wave.

Summerslam 2004 was also ruined by the fact that the matches were terrible. What match do you feel could've been a quality match if not for the crowd?

Well, i just watched the show and, sure enough, JBL/Cena stole the show. Just a great match. I think John Cena is probably the best at working from underneath/as a babyface that I've seen in my wrestling-watching life. Best performance by JBL since his return.

Summerslam 2004 was also ruined by the fact that the matches were terrible. What match do you feel could've been a quality match if not for the crowd?

Angle/Eddie and the main event were pretty good.

I couldn't get into Angle-Eddie, it felt too one-sided. I don't feel the crowd had any effect on that match. The main event is awesome, but I don't remember an out of ordinary crowd for that one.

Well, i just watched the show and, sure enough, JBL/Cena stole the show. Just a great match. I think John Cena is probably the best at working from underneath/as a babyface that I've seen in my wrestling-watching life. Best performance by JBL since his return.

Yeah, that match was awesome, especially that Full nelson sequence.

Angle/Eddie at SS 2004 certainly didn't live up to their previous encounters, but I liked it nonetheless.

Truthiness, I liked the JBL/Cena match as well. It seems like it's gotten mediocre to bad review from the usual suspects, though- especially from the recently un-retired (as it pertains to PPV rants) Scott Keith. But I think he just hates JBL.

Angle/Eddie at SS was awful. Most Angle matches are pretty much nothing but trading finishers with little psychology but this match was literally NOTHING but trading each others finishers with absolutely no psychology.

I wasn't excited by the card so I didn't bother this time. I guess I'll check it out when the DVD comes out.