TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Fringe

Jackson is a great actor, why would you doubt his ability to do good stuff with good material? Anyways, lived up to the relative hype but hopefully they stay on track which tends to be a issue with these types of shows.

Am I the only one that saw Shutter?

Jackson is a great actor, why would you doubt his ability to do good stuff with good material? Anyways, lived up to the relative hype but hopefully they stay on track which tends to be a issue with these types of shows.

Was Shutter considered good material?

Was Shutter considered good material?

It was a remake..so probably not, but that doesnt change the fact he was horrible in an otherwise somewhat enjoyable movie.

Or that foxy-ass Julie Gaffney?

She was on a Food Network TV show a couple years ago. Jackson is the only person from that movie to have much of a career after those movies, including Estevez.

She was on a Food Network TV show a couple years ago. Jackson is the only person from that movie to have much of a career after those movies, including Estevez.

Kenan Thompson? And don't diss Emilio.

I forgot about Mr. Knucklepuck. Probably because he wasn't in the first one.

What about Marguerite Moreau (Connie) she also has done alot of stuff after the duck movies

Posted below is a preview for tonight's episode but I'll spoiler-tag it regardless...

Read on FOX.com that tonight the team investiages a woman who concieves, gestates and gives birth within something like a 36 hour time frame. Spooky.

So let me ask this. I just recently started watching the X-Files and I'm currently on season 3 and saw the two movies. Will I like this show if I like X-Files or is this something completely different?

The lead character is really hurting this for me, she's just not that interesting. It's not badly written, the stories flow nicely but I don't know why I can't get into her character at all. I am really interested though in what that quick shot of the three people in the beds was at the end though. Overall I enjoyed it a little more than the pilot but I'm not yet hooked.

Yeah I think they need to write the main character a bit better. They are making her look like Keanu Reeves or something. It may be the actress though, but it doesn't seem like they are giving her much to work with. Jennifer Garner sold me on Alias, this chick has yet to get me hooked on Fringe.

I think that was the best episode yet. I like how they are slowly intergrating the 'pattern' a little more each episode. I think the actors are starting to find their niche a little bit. I like the little sub plots such as the black boss working with the woman from massive dynamic, joshua jackson's character being followed by a cameraman etc etc. I think its only gonna get better from here.

This sucked. Somebody replace the lead female with Jennifer Garner, ASAP. John Noble is the only saving grace. This went from "Lots of potential" to "Horribly predictable" in 2 episodes. I was calling shit before it happened and that's not good.

The show is twisting itself so much that it's twisting into every X-File moment by week three. The lead is still wooden as hell, it's like they don't feel like they should bother developing her character (developing her security clearance seems to be more important) and things are really slipping.

Already too many damn subplots on top of all the lack of development. Subplots actually work better for me if I give a damn about the characters. Three episodes in, I don't think I would be bothered at all if half of them died. I think right now the main problem is they are trying too hard to shock and surprise people. That turn with the homeland guy would have been beautiful a few more weeks in with more development of his relationship with the lead. Instead they pull it already and it gets a big "eh, ok" from me.

I think most of the issues are with the lead character. She seems like she went to the Michelle Rodriguez school of acting, where she has to act tough all of the time and never shows any vulnerability or female characteristics. The reason Garner worked so well in Alias is that when she needed to she would be tough and strong, but when things really effected her, she would show it when she was alone.

I don't like how they tacked on her boyfriend being involved in shady things, but I guess they didn't want it to be too much like the start of Alias. The problem is she can't convey the emotion needed to really sell the relationship and the effect of his betrayal.