TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (5/19/2008)

At Judgment Day, WWE Champion Triple H retained his gold inside the steel cage. It seems like Randy Orton’s attempts to revive the “Age of Orton” and regain the WWE Championship fell short. Will Triple H be looking for a new contender to challenge him? Does Orton have plans of his own to get another title opportunity against The Game?

John Cena may have won at Judgment Day, but as JBL pointed out after the match, it was Cena, not JBL, that needed to be looked over in the trainer’s room after their match. Will Cena have a response to the Self-Made Millionaire’s post-match statement? Or will the punishment JBL inflicted on Cena force the Chain Gang commander to tend to his wounds for another couple of weeks?

Shawn Michaels has been a hot topic ever since retiring Hall of Famer Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV. With his controversial win over Batista at Backlash and now another controversial victory over Chris Jericho at Judgment Day, HBK seems to be confirming everything The Animal and Y2J have been saying about him. What will HBK have to say to his critics after his Judgment Day victory? Will Jericho or Batista have any response to HBK’s actions over the past several weeks?

After being interrupted by GM William Regal last week upon his return, Jeff Hardy defeated Umaga. Sunday night, Hardy answered MVP’s open challenge and made it clear that he was back with a purpose. Will Hardy continue his winning ways? Will he attempt to finish what he was saying last week before being interrupted by William Regal? Will Jeff feel any repercussions following his win over Umaga last week?

William Regal has been ruling with an iron fist as of late, much to the disgust of our fans and Superstars alike. From blackouts to 14-on-2 matches, Regal has not been afraid to wield his new sense of power with the utmost authority. One man who has not been afraid to lock horns with the Raw GM is Mr. Kennedy. Will the Green Bay loudmouth fall into line and pay Regal the respect he claims he deserves, or will Kennedy gain some respect of his own from the GM?

Mickie James was able to walk out of Judgment Day with her WWE Women’s Championship after pinning Melina. Unfortunately for her though, Beth Phoenix has been relentless in her pursuit of Mickie and the title – and will not stop until she succeeds. How will The Glamazon go about getting another Women’s Championship opportunity? Will Mickie James be able to fend off Phoenix again?

We’ll find out all the answers to these questions and the fallout from Judgment Day when Monday Night Raw airs live from Kansas City, Mo., at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

If they continue with Orton/HHH, I don't know how I'll cope. I can't take that shit any longer.

It's obvious that they're going to keep it going for 2 more weeks through One Night Stand. What's so bad about the feud, anyway?

Nothing, people just like to see the champ go through the roster in 2 months.

The match last night was an effective blowoff to the feud and it really isn't needed to be extended, even if there is such a short period between tonight and the next PPV event. Granted, the options for Triple is quite limited right now for One Night Stand with yet another match against Orton or going with Regal.

Yeah, but it'd make no sense to pair him with Regal right now. Regal/Kennedy seems like it should be slotted into ONS. And while I know Regal, as GM, could technically insert himself into a title match, I'd much prefer they build a potential HHH/Regal feud properly, at least till Night of Champions.

If HHH and Orton do face each other again for The Title, I wonder how they will explain Orton getting another title shot seeing as he already used his rematch clause? Then again, if they managed to do Batista/HHH for The World Title 3 years ago in 3 straight PPV matches, I'm sure they'll come up with something.(However lame it may be.)

If HHH and Orton do face each other for The Title, I wonder how they will explain Orton getting another title shot seeing as he already used his rematch clause? Then again, if they managed to do Batista/HHH for The World Title 3 years ago in 3 straight PPV matches, I'm sure they'll come up with something.(However lame it may be.)

All they really have to do is have Orton beat the fuck out of Triple H with a chair or sledgehammer tonight to set it up. It's lazy, uninspired booking, but we've all seen much worse.

Alternatively, Orton could make a deal with Regal where triple H is booked into a tough match, and near the end or after the bell, Orton comes out and destroys him. Regal then announces the ONS match. This could then easily segue into a HHH/regal program following ONS.

If HHH and Orton do face each other for The Title, I wonder how they will explain Orton getting another title shot seeing as he already used his rematch clause? Then again, if they managed to do Batista/HHH for The World Title 3 years ago in 3 straight PPV matches, I'm sure they'll come up with something.(However lame it may be.)

The match that's been used way too often in the last year: Last Man Standing.

They might as well job Orton totally out at ONS since 2 weeks isn't enough time to properly build a new challenger. But that had better be the absolute blowoff to the feud.

I don't get that whole Batista/Jericho match to get to Michaels. What, is facing Michaels some sort of major reward? Jericho is the guy who actually has a belt, however trivial the IC title is at this point.

They might as well job Orton totally out at ONS since 2 weeks isn't enough time to properly build a new challenger. But that had better be the absolute blowoff to the feud.

I don't get that whole Batista/Jericho match to get to Michaels. What, is facing Michaels some sort of major reward? Jericho is the guy who actually has a belt, however trivial the IC title is at this point.

I don't know where they're going with the HBK/Y2J/Batista triangle, but I like it. the matches have been good, and it really isn't even clear who's face or heel. It seemed like they were going to turn Batista, and later Jericho, but both of them- and Michaels as well- have come off as faces at certain points and heels at others. I like the shades of grey, I do.

I just can't see Orton/HHH again in two weeks, given how they totally did an extreme blowoff last night, it seemed.

I wouldnt be at all surprised or shocked to see JBL/Orton v. Cena/HHH at ONS in some gimmick heavy match that will have some stip such as whoever gets the pinfall win gets a title shot at HHH at the next ppv and if HHH wins, he gets to pick his opponent for the next ppv or something.

Otherwise, its very well possible Regal/HHH is a go for ONS, and doesnt necessarily mean thats the end all, be all of that program. It could be an off the wall finish, possibly even a Regal title win, leading to a rematch the next ppv (Night of Champions?) in which HHH wins it back and pads his title reigns a little more.

Whatever the case, I'm sure they dont want to overshadow Edge/Taker blowoff at ONS in most likely HIAC.

From the Observer site...

Raw tonight will feature Batista vs. Chris Jericho with the winner getting Shawn Michaels at One Night Stand. I'm sure some jokes could be made about that one. Also, Roddy Piper will be doing a Piper's Pit.

Batista/Jericho should be good, have those two really ever worked a match together at all? I'm sure they have at one point or another, but nothing significant at least.

From the Observer site...

Raw tonight will feature Batista vs. Chris Jericho with the winner getting Shawn Michaels at One Night Stand. I'm sure some jokes could be made about that one. Also, Roddy Piper will be doing a Piper's Pit.

Batista/Jericho should be good, have those two really ever worked a match together at all? I'm sure they have at one point or another, but nothing significant at least.

They had 3 singles matches against each other in 2004, when Batista was still in Evolution.

Nothing significant, no. They were only on the same show together for maybe a little over a year, and I think they were both heels the majority of the time. Then Batista turned face and began his title chase of Triple H.

The one match I can recall wasn't even one on one. It was SummerSlam 2004, Edge defending his newly won IC title in a triple threat against Jericho and Batista.

EDIT: Wrote that before seeing the post above mine.

It's obvious that they're going to keep it going for 2 more weeks through One Night Stand. What's so bad about the feud, anyway?

Don't put words in my mouth. When first thinking of how to respond to this, I figured I'd ask you not to. Instead, I'm telling you.

I don't like the feud for a few reasons. One is that they've faced each other in some form of match quite a bit on PPV. Another is that, well, five matches against each other on PPV in the past 7-8 months, plus a match on regular TV prior to this one, and well, I'm kinda bored of it. I don't like that the WWE isn't making any attempt to elevate new people into the main event picture. I liked that JBL got a title match at Backlash, and I was hoping to see that continue in some form...but it did not. Oh well.

Don't put words in my mouth. When first thinking of how to respond to this, I figured I'd ask you not to. Instead, I'm telling you.

People like to threaten to fight people for putting words in their mouth.

That would be awesome if Regal won the title at ONS by cheating. It could be fun watching HHH try to get it back, but as GM Regal can keep avoiding him. It's been done before, but I think Regal would be very funny in that role.

Jerry Lawler in regards to Umaga: "Here's a man who puts a lot of young men flat on their back."

Sorry... I just had to have a Beavis and Butthead moment with that one.

People like to threaten to fight people for putting words in their mouth.

That would be awesome if Regal won the title at ONS by cheating. It could be fun watching HHH try to get it back, but as GM Regal can keep avoiding him. It's been done before, but I think Regal would be very funny in that role.

Regal and the WWE Title shouldn't be treated a comedic element. Regal's capable of providing comedy when he needs to but right now that's not the route they need to take. Regal and HHH can bring a lot to the table.

If Umaga continues to just be Hardy fodder on Raw, I wish they would go ahead and move him to Smackdown.

Telling me? 1st off man, I wasn't even talking to you, 2nd off I didn't even read your post past the raw preview, so I didn't know you said that. 3rd and finally don't threaten me, I know your mod and all, but you don't "Tell me" what not to say.