TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Conference Finals

NBA Finals poll  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What do you THINK the NBA Finals will be?

• Celtics/Lakers
    • Celtics/Spurs
    • Pistons/Lakers
    • Pistons/Spurs
  2. 2. What do you WANT the NBA Finals to be?

• Celtics/Lakers
    • Celtics/Spurs
    • Pistons/Lakers
    • Pistons/Spurs

There is no point in caring about it because whoever they drafted wouldn't have played. People forget Larry Brown was the coach.

He found a way to not play Wade, James and Anthony on the fucking Olympic team. I am pretty sure that Wade, Bosh, and Anthony wouldn't have seen the court their rookie years.

Yeah, I stopped caring a long time ago. Detroit ended up winning a title so it's all good; maybe the Pistons wouldn't have got 'Sheed if they picked someone else. And I agree that Wade or Bosh would've been better fits (with Bosh being my ideal choice).

Besides, the Darko pick (through trades and all that jazz) eventually turned into Rodney Stuckey so at least some good came out of that pick.

I think as a SUns and Hawks fan, I should be the authority on coulda, woulda, shoulda's in the NBA draft and the Detroit pick of Darko really isn't a big deal. It was freakish they had the pick anyway. Otis Thrope? really?

With hindsight Bosh would have been the best pick for that team, and even at the time if you were set on taking a big at #2 Bosh was the safer pick. I know a lot of scouts loved Darko, but personally I just think it's a big gamble to take a young, unproven European player that high, especially when you've got the kind of NBA ready talent that was in that draft. In a weak draft with no clear cut top tier players you can make a pick like that, but to pass on the talent that was out there for a project? Carmelo carried his team to a national championship as a freshman, Wade took Marquette to the Final Four and most people agreed that he was the most NBA ready player in that draft, and Bosh was an exceptional player who was drawing comparisons to Tim Duncan at the time. The only question with those 3 wasn't if they'd be good, but how good they could be. Darko was a huge question mark. Out of those 4 guys Darko seemed like the worst pick, the biggest gamble. And The Pistons, if they'd been more savvy about it, probably could have worked a trade and still gotten Darko. Yeah, they won a title, but Darko had absolutely nothing to do with it, and they might have won more than one if they'd handled that draft better.

Tim Duncan should just get a hiking backpack and let Pau Gasol hop in at the start of next game to save time when rebounds go up.

Tonight, I think Pop made a big mistake pulling Brent Barry when he did. Barry hits some big shots, then he is immediately pulled int he 4th. they made their comeback with him on the court and weren't looking so hot when he wasn't.

I think as a SUns and Hawks fan, I should be the authority on coulda, woulda, shoulda's in the NBA draft and the Detroit pick of Darko really isn't a big deal. It was freakish they had the pick anyway. Otis Thrope? really?

O RLY?

Are we going to have to start comparing draft misery now?

I'm still haunted by the Sixers drafting Shawn Bradley number 2.

Spurs somehow managed to get a chance here for the tie or win. They really don't deserve one for how sloppy they've played in this game.

Kobe shooting that ball was the most boneheaded play of the night. I still think they will dodge the bullet but what the hell was HE thinking.

I'm still haunted by the Sixers drafting Shawn Bradley number 2.

Spurs somehow managed to get a chance here for the tie or win. They really don't deserve one for how sloppy they've played in this game.

That wasn't a bad pick for the Sixers. I mean, look at that draft. You could have had a bunch of guys that got paid alot of money and had career ending injuries.

Really, only the NBA could have a critical game officiated by a guy who less than a year ago was suspended for kicking one of the team's super stars out for no reason. WTF.

Terrible no call there at the end.

The NBA refs will not give you that call at the end of the game unless you're a superstar which is why I can't stand the officiating.

Eh. He faked it, Fisher is in the air and Barry sorta initiated the contact. Before he went up for that second shot he moved into Fisher.

Its one thing of the offensive player jumps into the foul, barry pump faked and fisher jumped on him. There was literally nothing barry could do until Fisher was out of the way then. he couldn't pass, he couldn't shoot...nothing.

i am all for no calls when it doesn't actually affect the play. But that was horrible.

Dude, he didn't move into him. Fisher hit him with his feet still set. He didn't move into him at all. Then on the shot he jumped into him some, but there should have been a foul on the floor before the shot.

Well with that game my interest in the NBA playoffs have taken a nosedive.

I think the winner of the WCF was going to win the whole thing. Well, I think we just named our west champs (i don't think the spurs can win 3 straight agains the Lakers), so all the drama is really gone for me.

I mean Boston's my favorite team, and I'll root for them but I just think the Spurs and Lakers were that much better than the two East teams. And I know Boston beat up on the West during the regular season, but they also only lost 10 road games all season and then they lose like 7 in the playoffs.

That was a foul, but the referees took it to the Lakers all game.

Kobe shot a grand total of one free throw in the last two games. Yeah, like he really didn't get fouled in the act for two whole games. Fuck the Spurs.

I'm lost: is the criticism over the fact that the Celtics let them get out, or are we all pretending to believe that the Pistons haven't had these made up, too? :huh:

I'm sure the Pistons have their own collection in some boxes in the back but there's no reason to have them out on store racks already.

And you know the refs weren't gonna make that call whether he got fouled or not.

Should have been a foul

But what cost the Spurs the game is when Pop took Barry out in the middle of the 4th, he was the only Spur that was playing well and the Spurs did jack with him out.

This is the truth.

The Inside the NBA guys are saying the Barry should have flopped. They just said he didn't sell the flop enough. Nice work fellas.

And then Chuck let loose with my biggest pet peeve "if the ref made that call they would have decided the game". FTN. By not making a call and not letting the Spurs get a shot off they decide the game just as much.

I am more mad that Barry was smart enough to see that Fish was going to land on him so he made a move to make a dribble which should have been a foul (no, "did he jump into him" debate by continuing to move with the ball). I find the irony in Kobe having to answer the question when he is the best player in the league in getting fouls drawn on defenders who bite on his pump fake.

The Inside the NBA guys are saying the Barry should have flopped. They just said he didn't sell the flop enough. Nice work fellas.

And then Chuck let loose with my biggest pet peeve "if the ref made that call they would have decided the game". FTN. By not making a call and not letting the Spurs get a shot off they decide the game just as much.

The refs would rather swallow the whistle and kill a team that deserves a call than make the correct call and potentially kill the team that commits the foul. It's just part of how the referees are trained.

I'm lost: is the criticism over the fact that the Celtics let them get out, or are we all pretending to believe that the Pistons haven't had these made up, too? :huh:

I'm sure the Pistons have their own collection in some boxes in the back but there's no reason to have them out on store racks already.

That picture was from the ESPN Store at Disneyland in Orlando. Not exactly the Garden Pro Shop here. So, as always, blame ESPN.

Good call by Phil there. I didn't notice the ball hitting the rim.

So file it under who gives a fuck about the last shot.