TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

William Regal Suspended for 60 Days

WILLIAM REGAL SUSPENDED FOR 60 DAYS

by Dave Scherer @ 8:59 AM on 5/20/2008

To follow up an earlier story here on the site, WWE announced this morning that William Regal has been suspended for 60 for his second failure of the company's Wellness Policy. We will have more on this story later today.

Just fire him. He's getting the push of his career and he can't stay clean.

Reminds you of superstar recently getting of suspension?

Just fire him. He's getting the push of his career and he can't stay clean. I hope it was at least PED's and he was trying to get in better shape rather than hitting recreational drugs...

If it was for PED's it is just as bad. Last year he was diagnosed with all kinds of heart problems.

I have to admit this surprises me. I assumed last night was just an angle to turn Regal back into a wrestler rather than any sort of 60 day suspension.

The Kennedy Curse lives!

He's still my favourite, but he really is quite stupid. He of all people given his drug addiction and heart problems should know that this stuff really isn't good for you

It certainly makes the match last night make sense. This is actually shocking to me, even with his history. I was really digging his new power-tripping character too. Shame.

I have to echo the sentiments of wondering why these guys wait until they're getting pushed to get into this shit. To me it just shows that not even the workers respect the wellness policy.

Another potentially good storyline lost to drugs. In a way I feel for the WWE, as every time they try, their own Wellness Policy comes around and bites them on the arse. Though, I guess you could argue they shouldn't have been 'blind' to the drug usage for so long and allowed it to become 'acceptable' and 'common practice' as is believed.

2007 Kennedy/McMahon's Son ruined

2008 King Regal/Jeff Hardy ruined

I'd almost bet the house that McMahon gives these pushes simply to show whoever...congress, the media, whoever...that he is willing to punish his biggest stars in an effort to get the wellness policy over.

Crazy and far-fetched? We're talking about Vince McMahon here, right?

I'd almost bet the house that McMahon gives these pushes simply to show whoever...congress, the media, whoever...that he is willing to punish his biggest stars in an effort to get the wellness policy over.

Crazy and far-fetched? We're talking about Vince McMahon here, right?

There was scuttlebutt that Vince was almost giddy that he got to suspend Hardy. The reasoning was that if Congress ever came calling, he could say, "Hey look! I suspended an insanely popular guy who was in my main events less than a month before his suspension and it kept him out of the biggest show of the year!" And we all know this could be true because Jeff Hardy does not have what McMahon envisions in terms of "the look" in wrestling.

That really sucks. Regal's drug use has always been surprising to me. He seems like the last guy on earth to do that type of thing if you watch him out of character. Not to mention the fact that he supposedly went through this campaign of getting clean. A shame he can't get it under control.

Ironic thing about it though..when jeff made his return, in the storyline world regal said he had to pay for his sins. I guess the shoe is on the other foot now

Wow, just wow.

I mean it'll be fine. McMahon has given him a second chance before, another one's not gonna hurt.

It's not like Regal's the only guy here on drugs. If Triple H and John Cena's bodys are naturally that muscular, then my dick is naturally three feet long. Regal's just the only one who got caught. That we know of. The testing agency doesn't make its results public, it's all handled through the WWE itself. Even aside from that, there are all kinds of ways for the workers to beat a drug test. Although much like birth control, none of them are 100% effective so eventually someone's test will come up positive. Regal happening to piss dirty right now probably has less to do with his push and more to do with their recent change in the testing policy where they actually physically watch everyone pee now.

We don't even know what got him. Could have been a 'legit' pain pill he couldn't immediately produce a prescription for.

I don't think that they would serve one of their performers with a 60-day suspension just because they "could not immediately" produce a prescription. It is much, much more likely that it is something that is completely prohibited.