TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

ECW 05.20.08

WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison retained their gold on Sunday at Judgment Day, defeating ECW Champion Kane & CM Punk in Omaha, Neb. The Big Red Monster and Mr. Money in the Bank put forth a valiant effort, but will return to the Land of the Extreme without Tag Team gold. Kane chokeslammed The Miz outside of the ring, but moments after, Morrison delivered a devastating Moonlight Drive to Punk to pick up the win.

Now that The Miz & Morrison have retained their gold, have they seen the last of Kane and Punk? Or will the ECW Champion and Mr. Money in the Bank continue to seek the WWE Tag Team Championship?

ECW’s "Gold Standard", Shelton Benjamin, is determined to end Kofi Kingston’s undefeated streak. During an altercation on Tuesday, Kingston wished Benjamin good luck, and then leveled the Gold Standard. Will Benjamin use Kofi's attack to fuel himself to a win over the Jamaican Superstar? Or will the Kingston outshine the "Gold Standard" in their match and continue his undefeated streak?

Also on ECW on Sci Fi, Colin Delaney experienced a difficult first night as an official member of the active ECW roster. He picked up two brutal losses, one to Mike Knox, the other to ECW General Manager Armando Estrada. Well, at least the youngster had his own entrance music!

How will Delaney handle the Land of the Extreme? Will the youngster find his way back to the winner’s circle, or will he once again be the punching bag of his fellow ECW Superstars? Will Knox continue to beat on Delaney, or will Tommy Dreamer emerge by the youngster’s side? And now that Estrada is an active member of the ECW roster, how will the GM’s strong presence affect Delaney?

To find out the answers to these questions and more, tune into Tuesday’s ECW on Sci Fi at 10/9 CT. Also, be sure to catch ECW in its entirety every week on WWE.com, available from Wednesday to the following Monday afternoon.

Couldn't help but notice, Shelton's griffin or whatever it is, has now gotten huge. It covers majority of his arm now.

Likes like it's sort of turned into a dragon now, but without a better view can't tell.

Random, but yea.

That match was cool.

I know people aren't going to agree, but Adamle has improved.

I agree.

He knew the name of Kofi's finisher. So now he knows one move instead of the zero he did when he started.

That match was cool.

I know people aren't going to agree, but Adamle has improved.

I agree.

He knew the name of Kofi's finisher. So now he knows one move instead of the zero he did when he started.

Uno, Dos, Adios!

Pay dirt, baby, pay dirt.

Outside of the CW flub, I think he has been pretty decent all night, which is a step up. If they give him time to grow and learn, he will definitely improve. ECW is a good spot for him as it is often live, but is the third level show so he can work himself out on live TV without much consequence.

I read the spoilers. Not giving any details, but IMO it sucks as usual.

I thought it was an entertaining enough hour of wrestling. Nothing activly sucked IMO. I liked the build of Big Show as a monster face.

I thought it was an entertaining enough hour of wrestling. Nothing activly sucked IMO. I liked the build of Big Show as a monster face.

Eh, suppose you're right. It didn't actively suck, but it didn't stand out, either. I'm not sold on the Singapore cane match. Why is Punk in it if he already has a title shot whenever he wants?

Eh, suppose you're right. It didn't actively suck, but it didn't stand out, either. I'm not sold on the Singapore cane match. Why is Punk in it if he already has a title shot whenever he wants?

Why was Edge in the Gold Rush tournament when he had his?

just because he's already got that shot, shouldn't mean he should be removed from any other title contention. Why use it if you don't have to?

That's generally what WWECW has evolved into. I just look at it as Tuesday Night Heat. I think the Singapore cane match has potential, but it's nothing I'd consider to pay to see.

Didn't someone around here suggest that JM's corkscrew neckbreaker be called "Moonlight Drive" when he first debuted the gimmick?

That would be me!

Also, he should name his finisher the "Moonlight Drive".

They thought it was too gimmicky and mid-carderish so they renamed him John Morrison because Nitro looks a lot like Jim Morrison of The Doors.

Now all they have to do is rename his finisher "The Moonlight Drive".