TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Terrific Taylor Made Rooster!

Christ, I expected 909 to exercise his moderating superpowers to edit that shit weeks ago, but it still stands.

Despite having six well-rounded tag teams, I’ll continue to add to that depth with an additional low-card tag team that will provide comedy against F.B.I. Despite the outrageous and short-lived gimmick, they weren’t horrible inside the ring and I think they can get good heat from my potential audience.

Here is my next selection of the draft

06.jpg

Lenny and Lodi, The West Hollywood Blondes

edit: You can be assured that we'll see Raven tryng to "fix" Lodi.

I want a legit badass so I can add to the tough guy aura of my prominent heavyweights, and I've found him. He's best known for his MMA career, but he has had a relatively high-profile wrestling career in Japan with New Japan Pro Wrestling. This guy has a lot of charisma and plays the badass American heel to perfection on Japanese soil. My next pick is a former UFC tournament champion and Ultimate Ultimate champion, but his wrestling career is highlighted by facing Antoni Inoki in Inoki's retirement match, as well as winning the G1 World 2001 Tournament. My next pick is...

frye.jpg

Don 'The Predator' Frye!

I don't think these guys are great wrestlers by any means, but they're pretty over as a babyface tandem and could easily blend in with my other heel tag teams. With my next pick I'll take Cryme Tyme.

05.jpg

For my next selection, I am going to add another heel to my Women's Division. One of the most popular women on the indie scene, she is also a good talker as well. Ladies and gentlemen, the 485th selection is...

Allison Danger

l_f85db749be08c91007316919df260df7.jpg

Time to round out my 6 man of awesome. IT'S TIME!

Bio: Founding T2P member, and original Italian Connection member. YASSHI split with Kondo to form Aagan Iisou. He followed Kondo to All Japan, joining Voodoo Murders. YASSHI has become one of the more charismatic rudos in Japan, with his questionable groin based offense. If Shuji shows up somewhere, YASSHI will surely be close behind him.

Since I have Shuji this man can't be far behind.

yassi.jpg

Brother YASSHI

I'm going to have Super Dragon/Davey Richards/B-Boy vs CIMA/Kondo/YASSHI

Taste the awesome!

With the next selection in the draft, I'm picking a very talented heel to work against Steve Keirn. The individual in question has led a colorful career that some would describe as more "misses than hits". Regardless of that, he did make a name for himself during the early and mid 1980's, yet, he seemed to be his own worst enemy. Some of the stories about his screw ups are pretty funny, but he can still generate enough heel heat to be quite useful.

Oh yeah, he does have the benefit of sharing his nickname with two of the all time greats.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present my next pick...

photo86b.jpg

"NATURE BOY" BUDDY LANDEL

Well...there went my shot of getting the three most famous Nature Boys. There are still two left that I can think of so maybe if I can still have a Nature Boys Vs Nature Boys tag team match!

Just a quick question, are you guys going to set up a time for your card, as some of the styles play much better in specific time periods. I mean, it's hard for me to accept a card where george hackenschimdt wrestles for 2 hours trading holds, and then steve austin has a 20 minute punch-brawl fest with Mick Foley. I know it's fantasy, but it won't make much sense.

I mean, let's say your promotion has both Austin and Goldberg. You'd want to set your time as July 98 (wrestlers obviously could be from any era, like you could use Flair in the shape he was in from 85, but he would be working in July 98) right after goldberg beat Hogan and Austin was on top of his game. Then the rest of your card would have to follow suit, and have a style that would be acceptable in July 98. Otherwise it just doesn't make much sense.

Stylistically my roster works any where from mid-90's to now, with the exception of Maeda/Lewis, but that can be booked as a secondary Main Event and given more time.

I think we all have some plan (well most of us) of what we are doing, so it's all going to be orgasms and lollipops when it's over.

My next pick is a guy who IMHO is an absolute steal in the 28th round. I'm probably in the minority here but this guy is my biggest steal The Heavenly Bodies back in the 16th round. He'll make a great addition to my upper mid-card and could probably work well as a main eventer on occassion. Like the aforementioned Heavenly Bodies, he's a wrestler who really came along ten years too late. If he had came on the scene in 1981 instead of 1991, I'm sure he would have been a massive superstar. Improbably, this wrestler seemed poised for a career breakthrough at the beginning of the Attitude Era before he ended up being forced to retire due to a serious back injury. Nevertheless, he managed to have a good amount of success in a somewhat brief career. Obviously, I'll be using him as an upstanding babyface who is ready to stand up for his country and to stand up against all of the dastardly heels soiling the good name of professional wrestling.

This man is a two-time former GWF North American Heavyweight Champion, a former AJPW All Asian Tag Team Champion, and a former two time WCW Tag Team Champion...

With my 28th pick in The All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm proud to select...

10.jpg...The Patriot

Obviously, I'm taking The Del Wilkes incarnation.

My thing is it will be very hard to pull off a card where one match features guys working a mid 60s -70s style, and the next match features a modern style. That's why when some were complaining that some old time legends weren't picked I didn't understand it. Going with a promotion that was going to be based in the 50s-70's featuring those performers would have been interesting, but mixing the time periods is questionable to me, as the style has changed drastically. There are a few exceptions, but you really don't know how performers would be able to adapt.

My next pick is a guy who IMHO is an absolute steal in the 28th round. I'm probably in the minority here but this guy is my biggest steal The Heavenly Bodies back in the 16th round. He'll make a great addition to my upper mid-card and could probably work well as a main eventer on occassion. Like the aforementioned Heavenly Bodies, he's a wrestler who really came along ten years too late. If he had came on the scene in 1981 instead of 1991, I'm sure he would have been a massive superstar. Improbably, this wrestler seemed poised for a career breakthrough at the beginning of the Attitude Era before he ended up being forced to retire due to a serious back injury. Nevertheless, he managed to have a good amount of success in a somewhat brief career. Obviously, I'll be using him as an upstanding babyface who is ready to stand up for his country and to stand up against all of the dastardly heels soiling the good name of professional wrestling.

This man is a two-time former GWF North American Heavyweight Champion, a former AJPW All Asian Tag Team Champion, and a former two time WCW Tag Team Champion...

With my 28th pick in The All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm proud to select...

10.jpg...The Patriot

Obviously, I'm taking The Del Wilkes incarnation.

The Patriot as a heel would have been a great compliment and back-up to Kurt Angle in his early WWE run.

I think most of our rosters are fairly consistant though. Most of my picks reached their peak sometime in the '70s or '80s and the ones picked outside of that era- I believe would have fit in that era. That's why I didn't bother to pick very many cruiserweights- it just wouldn't fit in with my roster. I hesitated on picking Public Enemy for a couple of rounds because I wasn't sure if their style would fit in with the semi old-school mentality I have.

The thing is though- building these cards will be all about pacing. You can have the scientific wrestling showcase, the wild brawl, the goofy comedy match, and the crazy ass spotfest with people flying off ladders through tables and thumbtacks on the same card all on the same card and make it work as long as you pace it well. It's happened before. Just look at WrestleMania X-7- it had all of those types of matches.