TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Holy fuck. I could have sworn that he had already been taken, but I sure can't find him on the home page. Steal!

Also, you should mix a couple more different beers in your stomach. Your morning will totally not be horrible at all. Especially if you have to go into work.

Oh I TOTALLY have to work in the morning. If you knew what I did for a living, you'd be laughing your ass off at this point.

Oh I TOTALLY have to work in the morning. If you knew what I did for a living, you'd be laughing your ass off at this point

Elementary School Bus Driver?

Oh I TOTALLY have to work in the morning. If you knew what I did for a living, you'd be laughing your ass off at this point

Close but no cigar.

Close but no cigar.

Elementary School Bus Mechanic?

Elementary school janitor? Elementary school gym teacher?

And very very nice steal there, Dust. He wasn't on my radar but I would have thought The Missing Link would have gotten picked 10-15 rounds ago.

What elementary schools are back in session right now? I'm thinking he operates a day care center.

The school unit in our area starts tomorrow. Plus there are year-round schools as well.

Maybe he's an Elementary School Bus Teacher.

LOL...

You all are WAY of.

And to explain my drunken merriment at this point....

Tuscaloosa, Alabama has a local burlessque troupe made up of college age girls that strip down to their underwear in the name of performance art. They had a show tonight, and the bar where they performed had $3 pitchers of domestic beer. Said bar included Pabst Blue Ribbon in their collection of $3 drafts. Said Pabst Blue Ribbon got said Diamonddust hammered beyond recognition.

It was glorious.

Glorious I said.

P.S. - The Miller High Life was used as an encore.

Drama teacher. Brilliant!

LOL... Nice, but again.... incorrect.

Hell, why not give them a plug:

http://www.pinkboxburlesque.com

Hell, why not give myself a plug:

http://www.dsmithimages.com

Just for the record - I will DEFINITELY be feeling this one in the morning.

Ok,909 missed his pick, so here is my next pick in the draft, I'm going with a big guy that can do comedy. I was looking at my roster and realized that Too Cool by themselves aren't really that interesting. But they were interesting when they had a big goofy islander with them. Unfortunately Rikishi is already taken, so I had to settle for somebody else. The only person I could think of is...

03.jpg

Rosey

And yes, I am aware that I have 3 Minute Warning on my team somehow

I'd actually considered taking Rosie since he's actually pretty over in Japan. Nice pick up at this point.

Alright this being late in the draft, you have to look a bit deeper. This is the first choice I've actually done a bit of research. I've heard of the name of this guy before but knew little of him other than that. My next pick is an early pioneer of hardcore wrestling alongside The Sheik and Abdullah The Butcher and was one of the top stars in The Los Angeles territory in the '60s and early '70s (Important considering I'm running most of my shows in California). My promotion is sorely lacking a wild man, unpredictable heel and this man more than fits the bill. He wrestled over the course of four decades ('50s, '60s, '70s', and '80s) and gained success in almost every one of them. I plan to use him as a member of Gary Hart's stable of monster heels (and Gino Hernandez) who are hellbent on taking down Kerry and Kevin Von Erich.

He's a two time former NWA Americas Heavyweight Champion, NWA Texas Heavyweight Champion, NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Champion, and NWA Hawaii Heavyweight Champion.

With my 36th pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm proud to select...

03.jpg...Pampero Firpo!

Fun fact: He introduced the phrase "OHHHHH YEEAAAHHH!!!" long before Randy Savage did.

For my next pick I am choosing someone to round out my British stable. I thought it's always good to have some extra sex appeal on the roster too. I therefore choose:

Katie_Lea_Burchill_450590a.jpg

Katie Lea Burchill

I know I have to make two picks here...

I need someone to announce with Sean Mooney, someone equally as bad...

13.jpg

Lord Alfred Hayes

and with my other pick I select...

03.jpg

David Sammartino.

A son of a legend. He looked like he had some promise in the mid-1980s, but it never actually panned out.

romero.jpg

Ricky Romero

- One of the most popular stars ever in Texas (to the point that he won a popularity contest over hometown son Terry Funk), Romero was so popular that they had a title created for him. He was also a solid worker and a huge draw to the Latin fanbase which I will covet. He has also held tag team gold with Pedro Morales and is the father of Jay Youngblood so he has nice connections on my roster and will join up with his friend Morales and his son Youngblood to fight Hassan's stable.

03.jpg

Harvey Whippleman

- A very good heel manager who is annoying, could take bumps and could draw heat like mad. I'll mostly use him to get heat for lower card guys.

romero.jpg

Ricky Romero

- One of the most popular stars ever in Texas (to the point that he won a popularity contest over hometown son Terry Funk), Romero was so popular that they had a title created for him. He was also a solid worker and a huge draw to the Latin fanbase which I will covet. He has also held tag team gold with Pedro Morales and is the father of Jay Youngblood so he has nice connections on my roster and will join up with his friend Morales and his son Youngblood to fight Hassan's stable.

03.jpg

Harvey Whippleman

- A very good heel manager who is annoying, could take bumps and could draw heat like mad. I'll mostly use him to get heat for lower card guys.

I was going to say that Harvey had already been chosen, but looking back on this thread, you actually took him, but then changed your pick and was able to get him again

http://www.dsmithimages.com

Just for the record - I will DEFINITELY be feeling this one in the morning.

Photographer! Looks like we're in the same business. I have yet to shoot a burlesque show, unfortunately. :(

Photography is just a serious hobby at this point... not my career, yet at least.

With my next pick I select...

08.jpg

Eddie Graham

I needed to get one true old school guy. A popular wrestler in Florida in the 1960s, and was a WCW Hall of Famer at Slamboree 1993.

With my next pick I select...

08.jpg

Eddie Graham

I needed to get one true old school guy. A popular wrestler in Florida in the 1960s, and was a WCW Hall of Famer at Slamboree 1993.

Wow...

If there is ever a complete contrast to your roster, it's Eddie Graham.

For my next pick I am planning on taking an accomplished high flyer who happens to throw one of the nicest looking moonsaults I've ever seen. Over the last year or so he has had a bit of a break out thanks in part to appearing in NOAH's Nippon TV Cup Jr. Heavyweight Tag League, teaming alongside Naomichi Marufuji and making it all the way to the finals. He has also made a couple of appearances for ROH.

ibushi.jpg

He is Kota Ibushi

My next pick is another superstar from World Class Championship Wrestling circa the 1980s. He also managed to score some success with Pacific Northwest Wrestling, Southwest Championship Wrestling and Maple Leaf Wrestling. He was a legitimate childhood friend of The Von Erich Brothers and was trained by Fritz so naturally I'll be using him as Kerry and Kevin's trusted ally in their war against Gary Hart's ruthless stable. While he wasn't as charismatic as The Von Erichs, he was certainly a very solid wrestler.

He's a four time former NWA Texas Heavyweight Champion, a former WCWA Tag Team Champion, and former WCWA Six Man Tag Team Champion (with Kerry and Kevin).

With my 37th pick in The All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm proud to select...

03.jpg...Brian Adias