TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

For my final choice I'm going to chose a man that will help tie up everything that is going on in my promotion. Thank you for the suggestion from a good friend as I probably wouldn't have thought of him otherwise. He is a 2006 inductee of the WWE Hall of Fame.

He is none other than....

03o.jpg

'Mean' Gene Okerlund

About freaking time! This is the man I was referring to in my post at the top of this page. I seriously thought Drury would take him since he works so well with Hogan.

Can we go ahead and pick or are we waiting till Raw?

And yeah, to let the cat kind of out of the bag...

Merry Christmas to all those after me. ;)

Can we go ahead and pick or are we waiting till Raw?

And yeah, to let the cat kind of out of the bag...

Merry Christmas to all those after me. ;)

Yes. Go for it.

Alright, with the first selection in the bonus round, I'm going to go ahead and take...

THE HEARTBREAK...

Nah...

Just kidding :D

Seriously, though, as mentioned earlier, a particular individual up for grabs does not fit my roster, regardless of his talent. Two individuals, though, do fit my roster like a glove, and it was very hard to pick one from the other. Both were major draws and both could work heel and face (Again, something I value a great deal). Still, this particular wrestler outweighs the other in terms of longevity and ability to work major programs with the top faces and heels on my roster. Having his "home base" as a venue doesn't hurt either.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to have the opportunity to snatch up...

jerrylawler.jpg

JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER

I'd imagine you can guess the other person I was thinking of. BPS, Christmas has possibly come early for you... ;)

Edit: read that list wrong as I thought the #17 was my place in line. I like that spot enough. At least we're doing this. I'll be honest, if I had #1, I would have taken a lesser name guy since the top guys would force a total rewrite.

Edit: read that list wrong as I thought the #17 was my place in line. I like that spot enough. At least we're doing this. I'll be honest, if I had #1, I would have taken a lesser name guy since the top guys would force a total rewrite.

That is a good point and something I considered. I probably am going to rewrite an extensive amount of my card based completely off of what Lawler brings me. To keep an even number of singles (28), I'm basically taking Watts out of a competitive match and putting him as my figurehead/commentator.

Oh man...this is sweet.

I got the email while I was at work...so I used the internet on my phone to try and figure out what was going on. Then I had to really start thinking about which side I was going to take. I REALLY coveted the Bulldogs going in to this draft. They would imediately become the centerpiece of my tag division and I think an LAX/Bulldogs program would be WICKED. That being said...HBK represents a talent that I didn't even have a chance on when my turn came around in round 1. HBK vs. Taker headlining my "wrestlemania" in Texas certainly seems like a logical fit...not to mention the HBK/Steamboat dream match I could run...

This was a much harder decision than it probably should have been for me. But in the end I couldn't pass on what HBK brought to the table. I'll have to rewrite some of my top feud ideas...but all I really have to do is move Owen Hart and his stable down to the upper midcard and out of the main event.

I'll take HBK

AAGO041~Shawn-Michaels-170-Posters.jpg

On behalf of Crandamaniac:

"The World's Most Dangerous Man"

Ken Shamrock!

kenshamrockreturn.jpg

Note: I would have loved to hosted a feud with Shamrock and Takada, but I will certainly be happy with my next selection...

For my "scavenger round" selection, I am proud to select one of the pics that I wanted very much in the early rounds. He will be one of the top stars of my Junior Division, revisiting his old rivalry with the original Tiger Mask and having top notch encounters with Ultimo Dragon, etc.

Ladies and gentlemen...

The Dynamite Kid!

18-2.jpg

Would have loved the Bulldogs, but I didn't want to be greedy. Plus, both are better as singles guys any way.

I really wanted to take the Dynamite Kid to have him feud with Benoit, but given that mellow crushed my dream I have decided instead to go with Lord Steven Regal. The thought of prime Regal vs prime Benoit in a match where they can beat each other black and blue and stretch each other on the mat makes me happy.

williamregalfv2.jpg

Sorry for destroying your dreams, but, for what it's worth, Regal and Benoit together is still the kind of thing that I would kill to have on my roster. Moving on...

On behalf of OOG:

"The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith!

21-1.jpg

Comment: What with Bret Hart on his roster this can only mean good things.

Ugh i'll take Paul Orndorff. Someone pick so I don't change my pick.

Here's a pic!

238bt29h.jpg

I went with Orndorff cause he can play both heel and face, and is a viable upper mid-card option. For now he'll be a heel in my company, and part of the Heenan Family. I needed one more guy who can be a strong heel, and now I think this truly completes my card.

I PM'ed my first and second options to Franchise since I'm likely going to be away for most of the rest of the day and I'm after Hawk.

Good on ya.

I'm still in this. I'll make my pick in a moment, when I've looked over who is left.

OK, I've looked over the remaining wrestlers, and there really is only one choice. Fortunately for me, it's my first choice of the wrestlers on offer, and it gives me an all-time dream match. Not only that, but it also means my roster has a legendary worker who is a major draw everywhere my promotion would run. My pick is...

brunos.jpg

Bruno Sammartino!

Are we going to end up doing the one trade thing at the end of the draft? If so, is it going to be done with our partners being chosen randomly or will we have the option of trying to work out a deal with someone specifically?

Are we going to end up doing the one trade thing at the end of the draft? If so, is it going to be done with our partners being chosen randomly or will we have the option of trying to work out a deal with someone specifically?

Depends how many people really want to trade.

Yeah, we should allow a trade. More than one if anyones interested.

We could always set up a poll along the lines of:

How many trades do you think there should be allowed?

etc

and then delete/let it die, it after.

Depends how many people really want to trade.

I wouldn't be objected to trading depending on who I get matched up with... some people have better rosters to trade with based on style of promotion than others.

As for number of trades, it really doesn't matter to me as long as it's "Up to that number" and not a required number.

I'm fine with trading. Everybody is bound to have missed out on at least one wrestler they'd like to have had, and I think it would add a little strategic element to the draft by giving them the opportunity to try and trade for that wrestler; the challenge is coming up with a wrestler that you're willing to give up but is also someone the person you're trading with is willing to go for.

As for trade limits, how about a limit of two trades per person?