TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Mellow (or anybody else with a lot of spare time on their hands), could you give us a final roster for the promotions?

That'll be my project for the weekend.

I'm a bit surprised no one drafted one of England's biggest (if not the biggest) star. Hell, he had TV shows and comic strips produced for him.

Permission to name drop.

EASY! EASY!

I'm a little annoyed none of the CHIKARA heads involved felt it neccessary to draft 2.0

You know, I've never been able to get into them. One semi-regular Chikara team that I passed on was the North Star Express, mostly due to them being kinda bland as characters and probably not getting much love in this thing.

In order to use as many of my roster as possible, I'm going to run two shows at each venue, and run them over consecutive nights. I had considered making the two shows afternoon and evening events, but with so many matches, that would burn out the crowd.

One name that comes to mind that didn't get drafted is Hillbilly Jim. I figured someone would have taken him just on the name alone.

There's a tag team that didn't get drafted that I was surprised to see left out, especially considering some of the promotional styles portrayed by some people.

Permission to name drop.

PG-13.

I kept expecting them to be picked up some point, but they never did. Not even in the scramble round.

Someone got Slash (Wolfie) in the scramble round. No Jamie/J.C., however.

Yeah, PG-13 was definitely on my radar in the last five rounds or so of the draft and they could have fit in on my roster but ultimately I just didn't want to have another tag team roster.

I hope everybodys interest doesn't falter in this, i'm really looking forward to seeing what everybody does with their roster.

For what it's worth, John Cena will never look better. He will come off as seriously legit.

When everybody posts there scenarios/cards, I think we should post our 'final' roster before we start it, even if its in the same post.

Just so everyone is aware who's gotten who.

For shizzle. By the way, I should get on that final roster stuff.

Don't bother Mellow, just get everybody to PM you their final roster.

It'll save you a LOT of time.

Yipes. Sounds scary and easy on me at the same time!

I hope everybodys interest doesn't falter in this, i'm really looking forward to seeing what everybody does with their roster.

For what it's worth, John Cena will never look better. He will come off as seriously legit.

Oh yeah, just wait until you see what I do with Balls Mahoney with Arnold Skaaland. Balls at his best.

*bump*

(I know there's no need to bump it as we're in a pinned thread, but what the hey)

Any news on the deadline date for the card? It's been a while now.

We discussed the idea of a Columbus Day deadline, which would fall on October 13th, but I was thinking a wee bit sooner. I really want to give everybody a chance to put this stuff together, though.

I am thinking that we would start on Oct. 1st, with OOG going first, Drury second, etc. I would space each presentation out by 36 or 48 hours, or so. That way, they can present their roster and we can discuss, because I would really like a lot of discussion for each individual roster. I am definitely open to pushing the deadline closer, but that depends on how the people at the front of the draft (AKA those who have to present first) feel.

P.S. I promise that I will piece together the finalized rosters when I get an opportunity to truly sit down and apply the kind of contiguous focus that it requires.