TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

I am pleased with the reception thus far. I don't care much for the deadline itself, either way, but I totally want to push the discussion of each and every individual roster, as much as we can. That's really what we have all been working towards. I take issue with somebody putting time into assembling a chain of stories leading up to a pair of supercards, for instance, and nobody responding and giving feedback. I don't want that.

Everybody should give their opinion and what they would get out of it. I still wonder how everybody will present their product. Myself- I intend on introducing each match with the result, followed by a synopsis, with the historical significance scattered throughout.

Let's keep this fun!

I think two more weeks is still more than an appropriate amount of time, given all the time we've had already, so as Mellow said, a two day break between every card, gives ample time to talk about them. If anyone knows they're not going to be around during the start time (at, say, 5pm US time or something) then they can forward their writing to Mellow.

October 1: TheOriginalOrangeGoblin

October 3: Drury37

October 5: Garth

October 7: KingKamalaClassic

October 9: Crandamaniac

October 11: 909

October 13: Diamonddust

October 15: The Great Mazto

October 17: Mellow

October 19: Broward83

October 21: naiwf

October 23: Hunter's Torn Quad

October 25: bps21

October 27: Steviekick

October 29: The Franchise

October 31: Hawk34

November 2: Brooklyn Zoo

Of course, this is merely a guideline, if Mellow or anybody else thinks this stretches it out too long, then so be it, but I don't see a problem with this, as the very last of the trades was made two weeks ago now.

Hey Mellow- just wanted to clarify- you don't mind us adding another venue or two if we so choose, right?

If you want another then go for it. I will need to add several given the project that I am working on.

I think two more weeks is still more than an appropriate amount of time, given all the time we've had already, so as Mellow said, a two day break between every card, gives ample time to talk about them. If anyone knows they're not going to be around during the start time (at, say, 5pm US time or something) then they can forward their writing to Mellow.

Of course, this is merely a guideline, if Mellow or anybody else thinks this stretches it out too long, then so be it, but I don't see a problem with this, as the very last of the trades was made two weeks ago now.

Is something like this schedule what we're working with? I've got an exam and/or a paper or lab due in all 5 of the classes I'm taking between now and the 7th of October so having a whole month would be great for me. I have a rough sketch of what I want to do in mind, but for the most part I haven't put anything down on "paper" yet and just want to know how much time I'll have.

Well, I wrote those dates as a guide, but if everybody is happy with them, then they can stick.

People could also 'trade' dates too, if they wanted to. If someone wanted to do theirs earlier and someone wanted to do theirs later.

For example, my storylines are very basic and wont take me longer than a few days to do, so anybody who comes up first who wanted a few more weeks could always trade with me.

Is something like this schedule what we're working with? I've got an exam and/or a paper or lab due in all 5 of the classes I'm taking between now and the 7th of October so having a whole month would be great for me. I have a rough sketch of what I want to do in mind, but for the most part I haven't put anything down on "paper" yet and just want to know how much time I'll have.

As much as you would like. I could bump you up so that you can go last.

Might as announce my new arenas here.

The first venue will play host to monthly house shows and the occasional supercard. It played host to many supercards held by Don Owen's highly successful Pacific Northwest Wrestling promotion. Of course I'm talking about none other than...

memorialcoliseum.jpg The Memorial Coliseum in Portland, Oregon.

Next up is my second venue picked in Los Angeles (which will be my homebase). While The Grand Olympic Auditorium is reserved for biweekly television tapings, this will be the venue of choice for my Thanksgiving Eve supercard. This venue is kind of a dump to put it nicely but I've always thought it had a hell of an atmosphere. It played host to the final portion of WrestleMania II and WrestleMania VII. My next venue is the legendary...

sa_exterior.jpg...Los Angeles Sports Arena in Los Angeles, California

I'm adding a second arena for tapings to complement New Alhambra. This one gives me some space around the themepark for whacky interview segments. Imagine the hilarity that will be had by filming the Order of the Neo Solar Temple in a jungle like Jurassic Park setting, or having sound stages at my disposal for promos.

314433849_41f85d02e1.jpg

Universal Studios Soundstage 21 in Orlando, FL

Also, since my group is going to operate in the northeast, I'm picking up two nice large PPV worthy houses...

pittsburgh_mellon_arena_PM.jpg

Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh, PA

front.jpg

HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY

I'm going to add a few more arenas to plug in some holes I have in my territory:

AMA1.jpg

The Atlanta Municipal Arena, which will give me a stronghold in Georgia.

front.jpg

The Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center Arena, which will give me a stronghold in my home state of Alabama (Gotta keep it local)

biloxi15.jpg

The Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi, which will give me an arena in Mississippi.

So now I've got me a nice territory with a western home in Dallas, a northern double shot in Memphis and Nashville, an eastern home in Atlanta, two stops in Alabama and Mississippi, and a mega venue in New Orleans.

I'm going to pick one last arena to host TV tapings and house shows.

This is a decent mid-sized arena with a solid atmosphere. It played host to the '93 Royal Rumble and Judgment Day in '01. Of course I'm talking about...

Arco_20Arena.jpg...Arco Arena in Sacramento, California

Let me know if I took a venue already taken (hard to keep track and some have different names). I wanted to add three more venues,one that can actually be my regular weekly TV venue and another venue to give my promotion an other market.

First, I already have the Dallas Market covered with Texas Stadium but obviously that's only for the mega-show, having another smaller venue to serve as my home base and the weekly tv taping venue would be nice.

I will add

Will Rogers Memorial Coliseum in Fort Worth, Texas

wrmc.jpg

Gateway Arena in Sioux City, IA

tyson1.jpg

and

Cajundome in Lafayette, LA

280px-Cajundome.jpg

This gives me markets of Dallas/Ft. Worth, St. Louis, Daytona, Iowa, Georgia and Louisiana

I am going to need three more venues:

Rose Garden in Portland, OR

rosegarden-1.jpg

Assembly Hall in Champaign, IL

20868020_e60abc5f7e_o.jpg

Fleet Center in Boston, MA

Tour2006TDBankNorthClose.jpg

An interesting note- if you go to flickr.com and search for "Assembly Hall Champaign" the majority of the 525 photos that are yielded are from an ECW/SD! event from last year.

Was there anybody in the upper side of this that doesn't think they'll be able to make it? I'm willing to be one of the earlier (but not the first) guys to do this if needed.

Was there anybody in the upper side of this that doesn't think they'll be able to make it? I'm willing to be one of the earlier (but not the first) guys to do this if needed.

Hey Franchise, if you want to take my spot you can go ahead.

I'm taking the Tokyo Dome, did anyone take it?

01-Tokyo_Dome-small.jpg

Wow! I searched the entire topic and it would seem as though nobody had selected the Tokyo Dome, so it's yours!

Just curious -

Who all wanted to use wrestling celebrities in their promotion?

I had three in mind:

1. Andy Kaufman: I desperately wanted to throw him in some angle just because of the pure heat he could generate in my area. I had him targeted before I had Lawler fall into my lap, and I look at things now... and man... he'd just add that much more heat to the Ventura/Lawler feud I have. Ventura would be Kaufman's hired gun from Southern California... a real celebrity like Kaufman... designed to take down and humiliate Lawler. Since I'm doing a hair vs. hair match... Kaufman could be the one that got shaved in the end.

2. Mr. T - I'd use him as a special back-up/enforcer for the Soul Patrol to keep Percy Pringle in check.

3. Muhammed Ali - A stretch, I know, but he would have been a special friend/guest of the Soul Patrol and/or JYD.

I was going to pick Mr. T in one of the late rounds for a quick comedy match against The Disco Inferno. (Un?)fortunately Mellow instilled the no drafting celebrities rule and my dream match was dashed.