TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Impact (5/22/2008)

- This Thursday, Samoa Joe will officially name his picks for the King Of The Mountain qualifying matches. Cornette has already selected Robert Roode, James Storm, Tomko and Matt Morgan. The question is – who will Joe select?

- Plus, The King Of The Mountain qualifying matches will kick off on Thursday’s broadcast! Who will advance to face Samoa Joe for the World Championship at Slammiversary? Tune in this Thursday for the start of qualifying!

ALSO ON THIS THURSDAY’S BROADCAST:

- One-half of the TNA World Tag Team Champions, Homicide of the Latin American Xchange, will battle longtime nemesis Brother Ray of Team 3D. After what 3D did to Hector Guerrero this past Thursday, the LAX will be out for revenge.

- Will Karen Angle come back to her husband Kurt? We’ll get our answer this Thursday night as Karen has promised she will be in attendance to answer Kurt’s plea for her to come home.

- In addition, Angelina Love of “The Beautiful People” will take on ODB in Knockouts action!

- “iMPACT!” will also feature another installment of the interview with Sting, as well as a further update on the bizarre footage of Abyss!

Did I miss anything in the first 15 minutes while I was trying to figure out what was up with the weather?

I must say this- I couldn't stand ODB when she debuted in TNA. Not her gimmick, nor her wrestling. I hadn't seen her wrestle prior to that, though I knew of her. But I like her more and more each week. She's pretty bitchin'.

I find myself sad that the Beautiful People/Roxxi stuff is already over for this episode. I think it's my favorite part of the show.

There's always Kong killing someone from the crowd.

Haha, what the fuck?! That skit was ridiculous

I'm assuming you meant the Rock N Rave Infection "tryout" as the wedding band for Lethal/Val? Yeah, that was just way weird. I guess that was supposed to build some American Idol person who I've never heard of (Ace something?) to show up on Impact next week and then sing the wedding shit at the ppv? Wow, who fucking cares!!

The funniest part of the segment there was that immediately after we see Hoyt and Rave hit Lethal and Dutt from behind, they immediately cut away.

So what DID happen during the first segment? I was outside for a bit and didn't notice the time. By the time I got to turn to Spike, ODB was cutting a promo about her tits.

I really loathe these lame-ass "As the Angles Turn" video packages they do with the cheesy background music and the unconvincing voiceover.

The slutty entrance video for Karen Angle, coupled with quazi-generic new entrance music for her, is silly.

Are they actually learning what makes a good show? Angles not "smushed" together, entertaining in ring wrestling, not bad promos, Mike and Don not screaming. Hopefully this is a turn in the right direction.

They had the right direction heading into Lockdown. Then they took last month off. This week needs more wrestling...but at least it's not giving me a headache.

And there are some things that I'm really enjoying:

The beautiful people.

The slow Nash burn.

That promo that AJ just cut as I was typing this. They're starting to do right by AJ. And that's a really good thing.

Yup that AJ/Tomko segment was good stuff, and pretty much establishes that Tomko/Styles are going their seperate ways into singles, and will eventually probably feud. Now that we know where Styles is going to go soon here (Angle feud), I wonder what exactly the company will do with Tomko?

Tomko/Morgan feud or something?

I dont know if everyone gets this on their channel they are watching Impact on now, but there is some commercial for cabotcheese.coop on right now that is absolutely bizzare.

If he hadn't just pissed off management I'd have bet that he'd be in line for at least one ppv main event with Joe. But now he may be heading into the MachineGuns doghouse. He does have a 50/50 shot at making KOTM still...

I wonder if what he does next depends on how long before they put Angle back in the ring. He can put Styles over until Angle is ready to go.

If he hadn't just pissed off management I'd have bet that he'd be in line for at least one ppv main event with Joe. But now he may be heading into the MachineGuns doghouse. He does have a 50/50 shot at making KOTM still...

I wonder if what he does next depends on how long before they put Angle back in the ring. He can put Styles over until Angle is ready to go.

Good point, I keep forgetting that Angle may possibly be out of action for more than just a few weeks here. They could do Tomko/Styles BEFORE Angle/Styles.

I like this Kong angle alot.

She looks like a younger Sara Undertaker.

I was thinking the same thing, yo.

I'll let you know if I get out to CA anytime this summer, by the way. Joints will be smoked!

That was a sick powerbomb.

No shit, and her own knee hit her head hard on impact (pardon the pun!)

I'm digging Booker as this cocky heel, it really works.

I think I heard a little King Booker accent, and could he be bringing King Booker back, if he wins King of the Mountain?

I'm digging Booker as this cocky heel, it really works.

I am too, and am hoping they still go back to Booker v. Sting down the road here. Maybe at Victory Road in Houston perhaps....